Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
I could always put them on my bike wheels and get some extra use out of them, would get some strange looks riding down Lygon street on the way to the pub
Already done:

http://www.lightsforalloccasions.com/p-1466-hokey-spoke-led-bike-light.aspx?cvsfa=2536&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=4853&gclid=CI bQm43cvbACFUFo4AodDXMppQ

http://www.monkeylectric.com/wheel_light_comparison/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/08/animated-led-pac-man-bicycle-wheels/
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pricey maybe but just think how much fun you could have spoofing all those UFO watchers!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapau View Post
Pricey maybe but just think how much fun you could have spoofing all those UFO watchers!
14 years ago when Iwas about 16 I SWORE I saw a UFO... then when I recently joined helifreak Irealized it was almost definitally some guy flying a heli with some kind of night blades because it looked EXACTLY like a basic night blade setup.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, not the same as the heli blades, but I'll get one of those!

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

YEah I have seen videos of "supposed" UFO's and they look to me like a heli with night blades on them. Latest I saw was from a evening art festival where someone caught one hovering nearby.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcruiser View Post
YEah I have seen videos of "supposed" UFO's and they look to me like a heli with night blades on them. Latest I saw was from a evening art festival where someone caught one hovering nearby.
Their is an outback town in Australia called Wycliffe Well that's out equivalent of Roswell. It's tiny with a dozen houses maybe. I headed past their last year on my way home for the season. I was going to park my car down the road and get my 450 night setup out and get the locals all fired up, but in the end I went past during the day

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

need about 5 or 6 people with 700 class e-heli's. Put a UFO fuselage around it leaving a hole in the middle for rotor wash.

Have everyone go up with lights off, then one at a time fly around a bit, then lights off and next person on (they're about .25 miles away,)

the average Jo will see a UFO disappearing from one place and reappearing somewhere else.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=56135
HankAz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

First, I want to apologize for the high price of night blades with pictures.

The production costs are really high and they are NOT made in China or Taiwan. There is really big problem to put very small and light electronics where is micro computer with big memory, leds, rpm sensor and battery to carbon fiber material which is conductive and can make short circuit. We didn't want to go with glass fiber because we wanted to have blades able fly full 3D maneuvers. Rotating blades are in extreme conditions where are very high forces and vibrations and these blades must handle this condition all the time.
Compared to bike this system is rotating 30-40 times per second. I case that we have 64led and one revolution draw 512 lines, the picture size is 64x512 = 4kBytes, at 2100rpm there is high data stream around 1Mb/s
This is system is very easy to use and you don't need rebuild your heli. Really ridiculous is that you don't need another LEDs on your heli when you want to fly at night.
In that high price is also stuff for programming and charging blades, nice box and great support from us

here is one funny link from happy customer [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj5-CouOMQY[/ame]
cica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrackin View Post
Ain't they cool?
Over $400 but still....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J52MLXXUy4
I can't help but laugh at that elevator music
Nubb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in