Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
DAM! what to do ??? im looking for a new heli , considered a 700 &770 goblin , 800 pro dfc align and I came upon the mikados , looks really good( 600se) and then I read this , this is suppose to be for fun , nothing fun about waiting forever to get parts so I can play with my heli , will parts now be more available ? Is the 600se a good heli ? im pretty new to helis ... Dennis
The Logos are great, but the goblins are great as well. I have both. It's hard to say but I would go with the goblin. Never a parts problem and right now they are the stars.
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #142 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
DAM! what to do ??? im looking for a new mikados , looks really good( 600se) and then I read this , this is suppose to be for fun , nothing fun about waiting forever to get parts so I can play with my heli , will parts now be more available ? Is the 600se a good heli ? im pretty new to helis ... Dennis
You said you are pretty new to helis, what level of flying are you currently at?

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

The LOGO600SE is a 600 with longer boom and blades. Don't expect it to be a TOPsmack heli, neither is it a 700 size. But it is superlight and provides great flighttimes of 10-15 minutes while sportflying. It doesn't need parts and very little maintenance if you don't crash it. It has a very low noise level. I have my 600SE for a few years now and it never dissapointed me. It is designed for 10S but can take 12S with the correct pinion/motor.
I would look at your fly style / level when deciding.

[ame]http://youtu.be/taEXmPWZ3RE[/ame]

Good luck
/Kurt
Old 09-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks guys , I pretty much just sport fly with a flip or 2 thrown in , learning 3d , had some eye issues , had a operation tues , already can see better , currently fly a 700 align v3 , align 600 , need the bigger stuff , 600se uses 696 blades , kinda a 700 size , a guy at our field flys makado , super smooth helis .....

video above kinda ironic , flew next to Kyle at the Las Vegas fun fly ....for some reason everyone was watching him and not me ????
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Parts situation is beyond ridiculous

If parts were readily available for both. And you're no absolute smack pilot, i would choose the logo any time. And i have both.. True the goblin looks so nice and is one of the best looking heli's out there atm, that's why i bought it too. But the logo is just a solid, flawless machine.
That being said.. The parts availability is a real shame. I'm lucky i live in europe and parts are no problem. But i would understand you going with a goblin for that reason.

Sent with tapatalk 2 for iphone
Old 09-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Because you already have the other helis, and you can always get parts for an Align .. I would say if you're OK with possibly having the Logo down for a few weeks then go with Mikado. Goblins are awesome machines but IMO are more oriented around smack flying - they have an aggressive (though not loud) sound and are a bit intimidating, whereas Logos are ridiculously smooth, great all around birds.

It's all subjective, though. Apart from the objectives like parts availability and price, it's just going to come down to personal preference, which you have to decide for yourself. Or get both.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
thanks guys , I pretty much just sport fly with a flip or 2 thrown in , learning 3d , had some eye issues , had a operation tues , already can see better , currently fly a 700 align v3 , align 600 , need the bigger stuff , 600se uses 696 blades , kinda a 700 size , a guy at our field flys makado , super smooth helis .....

video above kinda ironic , flew next to Kyle at the Las Vegas fun fly ....for some reason everyone was watching him and not me ????
You can't go wrong with the logo600se for your fly level, but it isn't much bigger in the air then the align700. As said above, its a supersmooth maintenance free chopper.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not a 3D flyer and I think my Logo 600 SE is a great Heli. Super smooth, quiet and reliable. I run mine on 12S, 2-6 S 5000 mah packs. I have my timer set on 8 min. But you could fly longer. 1500 and 1600 rpm.

I did not have any parts issues when I was building mine last year. It was used I had to replace some parts. I usually stock most of my own parts. I just just received a stock order for my 500SE from KSM.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

I changed it up and bought the sx , now the waiting begins ....
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still no canopies 2 weeks later. :/
sl4ppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
Still no canopies 2 weeks later. :/
It is my understanding that canopies should start showing up in the beginning week or weeks of October.
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an assembled, but never flown Logo 600SE I've been meaning to post in the for sale section if anyone is interested. It has the optional Quick UK tail. 99% assembled. No electronics were ever installed. I think the only thing left to install is the anti-static kit.

PM if interested.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in