Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TemlMe Mikado cable extension

Got myself a TelMe Mikado but unfortunately the cables are not long enough to reach from my Kosmik to Vbar. It looks like the cable that plugs into the Kosmik also has a connector on the TelMe side and perhaps if I peel back the heat shrink I can plug in a longer cable. I believe the connector on the Kosmik side is a JST ZHR-5 and perhaps the one on the TelMe side is too. So where can I find a longer cable with the same connectors?
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 12:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The cable from the TelMe to the Neo/VBar is a normal JR/Spektrum sat cable, get the longer ones from JR as they are of better cable quality. Dont know if it is soldered onto the TelMe or a plug, but worth a look if you peel back the shrink.

Mikado also sells these cables http://shop.mikadousa.com/VBar-Contr...c_527-2-2.html and are even beter quality.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 04:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your input. The Vbar side is soldered to the TelMe. I can feel the solder joints under the heat shrink. I don't really want to mess with that. If I have to I will cut the wire near the plug and extend it with a JR sat cable.

My preferred approach would be to extend the ESC side. If I can find a compatible male-to-male cable then I can just plug'n'play. I just need to cut the heat shrink back enough to expose the female connector inside. I think it will still look elegant and I can always put the old cable back if I need to use it on a smaller model or sell it.

I don't think the Mikado cables will work. The male-to-male ones have only 3 wires and the ones with 4 wires seem to have a connector, which is too wide and has redundant pins.

http://shop.mikadousa.com/05006-Sens...ol_p_1642.html

http://shop.mikadousa.com/04896-VBar...mm_p_1260.html
Old 09-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are looking for JST-ZH wires, I get mine from Digi-Key. They have 2", 6", and 12" pre-crimped wires which you can use with the 5-pin housing. In your case, you may also benefit from the extension housing adapter.

This pic shows how you can use the adapter to connect two 5-pin JST-ZH wire housings to make extensions. (I used 3M tape to secure the connections from coming apart, but the connection is actually pretty tight)

Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in