Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
Hey, thanks for the compliment and glad to be able to help you out. After flying helicopters for about 5 years you start to learn a few things. Most of what I have learned over the past 5 years I have learned from these forums. So, don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of good, knowledgeable people here that are more than willing to help out.
I can totally believe that, 5 years is a long time, it's definetely a period long enough to gain some serious knowledge.
Well, I'll keep that in mind, so far any question I've had about this great hobby was answered by a willing and helping person on these forums. You're one of those people. Thanks a lot.
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem bud, anytime. Glad to help
Old 01-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still waiting on my receiver, I'm so eager to getting the 450 in the air!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Enjoy FB flying...

I have a 450 Sport V1 and I thoroughly enjoy it. I've never liked popping the flybarless helis into the air, I prefer a more scale like takeoff. I find myself flying the FB 450 and my FB 500 a lot more often. There's a certain leisurely nature about them (I'm not a 3D flier).
franklin_m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 04:11 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
I have a 450 Sport V1 and I thoroughly enjoy it. I've never liked popping the flybarless helis into the air, I prefer a more scale like takeoff. I find myself flying the FB 450 and my FB 500 a lot more often. There's a certain leisurely nature about them (I'm not a 3D flier).
I kind of understand what you mean. FB helicopters are closer to actual mechanics than the FBL ones, which are more electronic. I can see what you mean.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha, I don't know if I was clear with what I said, but FB helis are closer to raw mechanics than FBL helicopters are. I can see why you would enjoy that aspect more.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosunrise View Post
If the gyro is ZD720, then I believe its a Hausler 450. Honestly, I was never able to get it into the air but I've heard of good stories about this helicopter so I think perhaps mine was defective.

I then built a Tarot 450 Pro V2 which flies great. Anyway, I am still a fan of flybar helicopters so I bought an HK GT450 from Hobbyking and built it with my own electronics. It flies great as well. Really love it!
hi,
I'm interested in a non Align 450 heli. how hard do you push your helis? can they fly mild and consistent 3d safely? Isn't the hk aluminum very soft? which servos are you using? where did you buy your Tarot from?
thanks.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
hi,
I'm interested in a non Align 450 heli. how hard do you push your helis? can they fly mild and consistent 3d safely? Isn't the hk aluminum very soft? which servos are you using? where did you buy your Tarot from?
thanks.
Hilarious,

First off, I love your id I basically only do scale flight with the HK 450GT. I don't think their aluminum is soft but since the feathering shaft screws are M2x6mm, which seems too thin to me, I am not really confident flying it with high speedhead. The servos on the helicopter are three Towpro MG90 (with a bulge on the bottom, not 90S which does not have the bulge) for cyclic and KST 215MG for tail.

I got my Tarot from ClubHeli but seems that they are out of business. You can get one from tarot-rc-heli.com as well.

neo
neosunrise is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UPDATE :fly

I got the receiver! Checked my mailbox at 6 PM local time (France) and saw my Redcon CM703 had arrived.
The packaging was actually pretty good, it comes in a plastic zip bag which allows you to keep your bind plug safe in it and close it and open it back when you want. I don't understand how a receiver can be so cheap, it looks just fine, it even looks good actually.
So I plugged in all of the helicopter components to the receiver, put the bind plug in it, connected the battery and bound the CM703 with my transmitter, a few beeps and servo twichings later, the helicopter is all good, all transmitter switches and sticks work fine.
As it was already late and dark I wasn't able to take the 450 out for its maiden flight.
I took the blades off and tested the throttle and it also works just fine, the noise of the motor is a lot more intimidating than the 230 S's.

Anyways, I'm so eager to get this bad boy into the air tomorrow!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cm703.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	690672

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	690673

Name:	-.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	690674
Old 01-24-2017, 03:36 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's cool that you got your RX and the heli is working as it should. Just be careful when you take it out for the first few flights as the 450 is a total different heli than the 230S. It is much more powerful. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
That's cool that you got your RX and the heli is working as it should. Just be careful when you take it out for the first few flights as the 450 is a total different heli than the 230S. It is much more powerful. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
It is! I'm so happy.
I don't doubt that and will definetely keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up.
Thank you, I'm about to take it out in a few minutes and I will keep you posted.

I'm so excited
Old 01-24-2017, 09:14 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope you have a great maiden flight. Get it light on the skids first to check for tail hold before liftoff.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

So nothing went as planned.
First of all my Tx is not set up for this heli at all (all controls are either wrong or reversed and my cyclic roll doesn't even work).
And, second "awesome" thing: took the blades off to test the motor, strapped the heli to a piece of wood and yayyy! Old SE V2 motor went smoking and burned out (there was no actual fire). I quickly removed the battery and unplugged the motor (it was hot as crap!).
So I notified the guy who sold me the helicopter, he is actually a super super nice guy. We had a talk about it and since I'm 15 (low budget) and since he basically sold me a heli with an old worn out motor, he insisted that he would pay for the new one which is extremely nice of him.

So I will try to do some research for a good and not too expensive motor which he will order to my address.

By the way, when I realized all controls were reversed and working incorrectly, obviously I did not go for the maiden flight which is why I took so long to keep you guys posted
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you set up and calibrate the ESC to the new RX ?
Old 01-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Did you set up and calibrate the ESC to the new RX ?
I haven't actually. How would you do that?
I'm having trouble with the DXe programming. Maybe it's because it's the RTF version, but I can't figure out how to program it for my 450 ..
Old 01-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Programming depends on the particular ESC. It needs endpoint calibration at least. You also need to make sure it sees the proper number of cells (usually a series of beeps before the arming beep).

Here is a sample of doing that but might not be for your ESC:

Set throttle to full then connect battery.
Disconnect battery.
Set throttle to full.
Connect battery wait for final beep then lower throttle to min and wait for beep.
Then put the throttle up again and the motor should spin.

Please make sure you don't do this with blades on !!
Old 01-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Programming depends on the particular ESC. It needs endpoint calibration at least. You also need to make sure it sees the proper number of cells (usually a series of beeps before the arming beep).

Here is a sample of doing that but might not be for your ESC:

Set throttle to full then connect battery.
Disconnect battery.
Set throttle to full.
Connect battery wait for final beep then lower throttle to min and wait for beep.
Then put the throttle up again and the motor should spin.

Please make sure you don't do this with blades on !!
Thanks!
Can I do that with throttle hold on? Or does throttle hold prevent calibration?
Also, for the first and second step, should I lower throttle to minimum before I disconnect the battery or should I keep it on max? That's why I asked about throttle hold.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even my servos aren't programmed. I don't understand how it works, I have been trying to figure it out lately but I'm kind of losing my motivation..
Old 01-25-2017, 04:31 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can disconnect the motor. It does need the throttle signal from the RX with throttle hold off.

You need to make sure your swash plate is moving correctly and you tail is responding properly too before trying to fly again. I'd suggest some reading. Also your TX needs to have the proper swash plate type selected.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:21 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I kinda figured that this all would happen. The DXe TX that you have is the RTF TX for the 230s. Sometimes it is not as easy as just installing a Spektrum compatible RX and expecting everything to work correctly. It is designed and set up to work with the specific 230s gyro. First of all, the 230S has trailing edge blade control, which means when you move the throttle stick up the swashplate will move DOWN to create positive pitch. The Trex 450 SEV2 has leading edge control and the swash moves UP for positive pitch. This is the reason your controls seem back wards and none of your servos work properly.

When you first bought the helicopter did it have a reciever in it? If so, what brand or protocol is it? (Spektrum, Futaba, Flysky, Turnigy, ect.) If it is a Flysky or Turnigy compatible RX I might be able to help you out a bit. I have a Flysky CT6B 6 channel TX that I could send to you if it would help you out. It is not a computer TX but it will bind to a Flysky or Turnigy RX and your controls would work properly making your setup a lot easier.

You can get the DXe to work but as you see you will have to completely re-setup your whole heli, reversing almost everything so it will work properly with the Spektrum TX.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in