Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Genuius CP setup questions

I just got a GCP and this thing is nice. Well, once I set it up at least close to being right. When it initialized, both rear servo arms were up at least 30 degress and i had to give it near full throttle to get it off the ground. Then I went to set it down and it went down hard. Found out at 50% throttle position it was actually at -20 degrees pitch. Didnit even have enough adjustment on the pitch arms to fix it. Had to redo all arm positions on the servos, all swash links and both pitch links to get it decent. I wan't sure I could even hover it, only have flown my V120D01 FP half a dozen times and didn't know what to expect. Man the GCP is super easy hover. Even easier than the V120D01. I got the brushless GCP version and height changes are immediate compared to the slow height response of the 120, which makes it a lot easier for me to control. If anyone out there has only flown a FP, you will be surprised how easy the GCP is to hover. Now, forward flight and circuits, I don't know about yet, but I wish I would have just started with a CP.

Anyway, I have a couple set up questions. When hovering, with no rudder input, the heli constantly turns to the right. I have to hold constant left rudder to keep it still. I have my gyro gain in my 2801 already up to 90%, but the tail won't hold. Can I give it some subtrim in the 2801? I am under the impression you are not supposed to use any trim with FBL's though. If I can add subtrim, will I have to do it every time I re-bind? Don't know how the 3 axis gyro handles any trim settings between binds.

And, any recommendations on batteries for longer flight times? Sub 3 minute flights just hovering are very long.
tworst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworst View Post
I just got a GCP and this thing is nice. Well, once I set it up at least close to being right. When it initialized, both rear servo arms were up at least 30 degress and i had to give it near full throttle to get it off the ground. Then I went to set it down and it went down hard. Found out at 50% throttle position it was actually at -20 degrees pitch. Didnit even have enough adjustment on the pitch arms to fix it. Had to redo all arm positions on the servos, all swash links and both pitch links to get it decent. I wan't sure I could even hover it, only have flown my V120D01 FP half a dozen times and didn't know what to expect. Man the GCP is super easy hover. Even easier than the V120D01. I got the brushless GCP version and height changes are immediate compared to the slow height response of the 120, which makes it a lot easier for me to control. If anyone out there has only flown a FP, you will be surprised how easy the GCP is to hover. Now, forward flight and circuits, I don't know about yet, but I wish I would have just started with a CP.

Anyway, I have a couple set up questions. When hovering, with no rudder input, the heli constantly turns to the right. I have to hold constant left rudder to keep it still. I have my gyro gain in my 2801 already up to 90%, but the tail won't hold. Can I give it some subtrim in the 2801? I am under the impression you are not supposed to use any trim with FBL's though. If I can add subtrim, will I have to do it every time I re-bind? Don't know how the 3 axis gyro handles any trim settings between binds.

And, any recommendations on batteries for longer flight times? Sub 3 minute flights just hovering are very long.
Well...the battery to have is the Hyperion 240 mAH. You can eak out a bit more flight time by changing the throttle curve, especially for indoor hovering. You don't need full throttle. The pitch can be turned down to around 65% to help a bit.
If you heli is turning to the right it's not a tail motor or rotor problem because that would make it spin left. I don't use the 2801 so no help there. That's about all I got. Good luck. Someone else will step in and help.
Mike
shastamike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just about all of us with a GCP have noticed that it wants to turn Nose Left on hover, and there are a number of fixes described on the Forum.

But I dont think we have seen a persistent Nose Right turn....

Are you sure you mean Nose Right turn ...or is it Tail Right turn ???
amphip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lot of good info about the tail drift in this thread https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=368255 . Most people have ccw drift.
bytemuncher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Oops, my nose does indeed turn left

when viewing tail in hover. As far as the trim question, I don't think it matters that I am using a 2801 TX, I just want to know if you can use trims on FBL set up. Thanks for the thread link, I will check it out.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just went to the suggested thread and it has the info I was looking for about the trims so no need to continue the discussion here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in