Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Adjusting blade tracking: Belt CP?

I've looked at the Belt CP setup thread, but I don't understand how to adjust blade tracking. When I start the helicopter I have a noticeable difference in blade tracking. Can anyone give me a quick step by step?

Thanks,

T-Bart
t-bart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...racking101.wmv
have a watch of this video it tells you all you need to know have you balanced your blades?
its the long links on the head the video will point you in the right direction mate
kitenutuk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No, I haven't balanced my blades. The helicopter is an RTF, so do I need to? How do I balance the blades? I'll take a look at the video, thanks.
t-bart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Theres no such thing as ready to fly. You need to go over the whole thing and make sure everything is right and tight. Mine came and the whole tail grip assembly was on backwards.
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What creteus says is true. The real meaning of RTF is everthing you need to fly.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi T-bart and welcome to the best forum for all things Belt CP related. I don't know what your previous experience is with RC Modelling, perhaps you could enlighten us?

As mentioned already, whilst sold as RTF they generally are not actually ready to fly. The finless videos are really good and will teach you a lot and NEVER be afraid to ask a question here, however dumb you think it may be.

As said, firstly balance your blades check the blade balancing 101 video here.

Then worry about tracking them.

Gerd
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Even though mine would actually spin up right out of the box my blades were way out of whack. And after my second set of Align 325 woodies (which were balanced perfect out of the pack) I will never even think of running those Esky blades again. My set have over an 8th of an inch of tape on each blade to get them right.

Follow the Finless videos and be maticulous. The more times you go over it the better youll get at it.
Walkera 4#3b - Double Brushless.
JoulesWinfield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For Ready to fly, read "easy to crash". You have to take time to go through the setup to get the most out of this machine.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yup it is all in the setup. HeliYeah and I spent over 4 hrs going through the setup on my stock belt and had to put 5 pieces of tape on one of the blades to get them balanced. But once it was all said and done. the blades were tracking perfectly and I was the flying the heli and not the other way around. Last night was the first time I was actually able to fly that thing. DO NOT think that ready to fly means just that. You have to go through the setup. If you dont you will crash alot and spend alot of money for part and get very frustrated. Trust me I know. If it wasnt for HeliYeah helping us out I dont think I would have figured it out on my own even with the videos and knowlege that are on this forum. Sometimes you just have to see it done to understand.
newbtoRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

ive been setting mine up all day trying to wrap my head around the dx6i and would like to say THANKS to IAN 777 for all his help yet again and sorry for being so dumb about the servo travel thing RTF should stand for Ready To Fix mine came with bent main gear and my mates came with blades that were well out and needed a few things sorting tightening etc make sure you check everything and watch the vids it can save you alot of money and more important can save you hurting yourself and others good luck with it hope your first flight is a good one
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbtoRC View Post
Yup it is all in the setup. HeliYeah and I spent over 4 hrs going through the setup on my stock belt and had to put 5 pieces of tape on one of the blades to get them balanced. But once it was all said and done. the blades were tracking perfectly and I was the flying the heli and not the other way around. Last night was the first time I was actually able to fly that thing. DO NOT think that ready to fly means just that. You have to go through the setup. If you dont you will crash alot and spend alot of money for part and get very frustrated. Trust me I know. If it wasnt for HeliYeah helping us out I dont think I would have figured it out on my own even with the videos and knowlege that are on this forum. Sometimes you just have to see it done to understand.
Yep it's all in the setup period. Take your time and do it 110% correct. Start at the servo horns and work your way up and the last thing you set is the blades. Balancing is super important and having the right tools(swash leveler, blade balancer, pitch guage) is most improtant of all! NEVER "eyeball" if you dont have these 3 tools you will NEVER get your blades to track and NEVER have a good setup. So I have said this before but the most you will pay for these 3 tools is $25(bought seperatly at the highest price I can find) If you think you don't need them throw your heli in the trash now! These tools are just like blades if you don't have blades your heli don't fly! To all who don't have these tools or access to them this is your next upgrade for the life of your heli and helis to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitenutuk View Post
RTF should stand for Ready To Fix
Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Now that you put it that way I guess I better buy some tools..
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitenutuk View Post
ive been setting mine up all day trying to wrap my head around the dx6i and would like to say THANKS to IAN 777 for all his help yet again and sorry for being so dumb about the servo travel thing RTF should stand for Ready To Fix mine came with bent main gear and my mates came with blades that were well out and needed a few things sorting tightening etc make sure you check everything and watch the vids it can save you alot of money and more important can save you hurting yourself and others good luck with it hope your first flight is a good one
Is it nearly there yet Jamie?

Your very welcome for the set up advice mate writing the stuff down helps me remember it too
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

nearly there Ian finaly got what you said when i looked back at it had a bit of a todo with the exi had to alter the swash mix and it would kindof swap the throttle up down and the cyclick sticks bar roll/yaw did my head in moved throttle and the swash was leaning wrong way going forward/backwards instead of up down lol getting there now though thanks could only manage about +- 9 degrees but getting there not going to rush want it in the air but i aint taking her out till i know shes perfect then if i crash its me and not my setup cant wait.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good man +-9 is fine
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

tight all the mainshaft screws... it will help a lot.
Ccholio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

just a kwicky if you still strugle to track the blades like i did even after the vids if the blade needs to go up you have to SHORTEN that link not make it longer just a tip and a way to avoid almost crying after 3 hours of trying........... Im not kidding either
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bart View Post
I've looked at the Belt CP setup thread, but I don't understand how to adjust blade tracking. When I start the helicopter I have a noticeable difference in blade tracking. Can anyone give me a quick step by step?

Thanks,

T-Bart
Although this topic is a bit old, I believe this video explains very well how to do a good tracking procedure on flybar helis. Hope that helps.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOOsIcvhyqs[/ame]
alexsmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in