Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holy cow! I had one on my Trex 450, but never flew it. Ditched it for a Ikon. Nice controller. I guess I need to take back my suggestion.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: Having trouble getting zyx-s to work

Want one its brand new....kinda

Sent from my Desire HD

Last edited by Sentinel1537; 05-31-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Sentinel1537 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man you had it right.
Go back and bind the dsmx sat with a dsmx reciever.
In the tarot software choose conceptual reciever.
Set the servo type. Digital or analog.
Power off the unit.
Plug the rudder servo in.
Setup your gyro switch on the radio.
Power the system
Switch between rate mode and HH make sure the lights change from red to blue with the switch.
Move the rudder back and forth.
Note the rudder response for red and blue.

Once it is moving correctly then. Choose the dsmx-2 sat option and rewire the unit with sat only
Crashtestheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I found the problem. It now works in the software perfect with Sat only using the cheap Orange Sat I wanted to use to start with. In this thread others said they had the same problem no rudder control with Sat only so here is what worked for me. All the advice and links are correct the thing left out that I have never had to do or use is that with Sat only you have to go into radio and change the gear channel to aux 2 or it will not work. I learned this by watching a 3gx how to video on YouTube "Freddy can fly" which he was using a DX8 and two sats with no rx. He says that Sat only you must change it or rudder will not work. I got to thinking that's exactly my problem. And did it and had it set up in 10 mins. I still need to mount and go though all setup but it shows all channels working right and fully. Hope this Will help someone else. Thanks for yalls help and reply. :p

Dallas

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

now that's good news! make sure you leave the servos at analog and treat the setup like a big heli.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I have the ds35 for tail so i guess I set it to tail digital I was looking for settings for it. 720? Or 1520?

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

haven't used a ds35, but the new batch of them had wag issues that couldn't be worked out from what i read. might try to set up with the stock servo first, could be too many cans of worms at one time. But I would think analog setting would be fine with the ds35 since it works with the stock board.

you will want to use rate mode to get your slider position set correctly, please take this advice, it will save some headaches. I would start with 3d soft preset and lower the cyclic gains to about 25 to start, tail 50 to 70 in the software and tweak from there following Dr.M's guide in the sticky. It'll take some patience to get it dialled in but it will be worth the effort when you can bang the sticks around, piro flip, and do hurricanes with a rock solid tail.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I will take all your advice but the stock tail servo because I bought the ds35 to replace bad servo. So I don't wanna buy a tail servo. Thanks for reply and a good start point sinces your the only one that has done this with a 130 and zyx....or only one that I talk to. I got to solder the diode in and I bought connectors to keep from soldering servo ends so I am still a few days out from testing. Will keep you up to date thanks again. BTW I just traded a 790 gyro for a 3gx which is how I found my answer I know you fly bx but have you had any 3gx?

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel1537 View Post
Thanks I will take all your advice but the stock tail servo because I bought the ds35 to replace bad servo. So I don't wanna buy a tail servo. Thanks for reply and a good start point sinces your the only one that has done this with a 130 and zyx....or only one that I talk to. I got to solder the diode in and I bought connectors to keep from soldering servo ends so I am still a few days out from testing. Will keep you up to date thanks again. BTW I just traded a 790 gyro for a 3gx which is how I found my answer I know you fly bx but have you had any 3gx?

Sent from my Desire HD
no experience with 3gx, I'm interested to see how the ds35 works for you considering you have alot of options to tweak it with a real gyro.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

We will see but this isn't going to be a 3d monster its a project for my dad. But ill put it though a 3d workout before I turn it over to him

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I still can't get this thing going. I gave up on the 130 and tried to put it on my 250 last night. Now it arms sets up connects with solid red led but I have no servo control and it will not go to solid blue which is HH or rate. So the software says everything is moving and right but NO servo movement at all. I can hear servos making noise and if I do the trim adjustment in software they move. This was with Sat only AND full rx. What am I missing now?

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try a Factory reset.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for reply will try that tonight...it was working servos right and when I moved it it was all good now not so much.:banghead:

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, Dr M I went to reboot the zyx and my comp died on me ( not because of reboot to zyx) so I downloaded software on my dads comp to try the reboot and the software only shows com1 which I was using com 3 or com 5 on my comp. So I can't get it to connect? Any advice? At this point I'm just trying to see if it will work like it was so I can sell it. I don't wanna let it go in this shape.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hey, Dr M I went to reboot the zyx and my comp died on me ( not because of reboot to zyx) so I downloaded software on my dads comp to try the reboot and the software only shows com1 which I was using com 3 or com 5 on my comp. So I can't get it to connect? Any advice? At this point I'm just trying to see if it will work like it was so I can sell it. I don't wanna let it go in this shape.

Sent from my Desire HD

Check device manager in the OS for the com ports, if they are not there, then they did not recognize something being plugged in. If they are there, update driver and reboot.
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will do thanks for reply

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks that fixed that problem now if it would just work.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks that fixed that problem now if it would just work.

Sent from my Desire HD
Did you do the ZYX reset? Are you are using a different Rx? If so, double check Tx settings (endpoints and swash...maybe start a new model).
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

It won't factory reset? I use the johns software I hit reset and nothing happens. I feel like a moron when it comes to this thing I have 3 beast x and just did my first 3gx set up with almost no problems. This thing is always doing something screwy. I fix one problem to find three more lol. I know its just me if I had someone that was in person I bet they would fix it in 5 mins and call me a idiot. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Desire HD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in