Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default DX8 Windows file editor

Check this out, guys, it's in beta stage now:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=402236
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn it Jerry. You're as bad as Tom with his all singing all dancing flight controller for $4K. How am I meant to resist the DX8 for any longer when I see people are coming up with clever little tools like this!

Cheers, not.

Sutty
p.s. just kidding, very interesting really. Thanks for posting.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Andrew : you know you want the DX8 don't torture yourself get one , or even better get the DX18
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know, you're right, but I only want one, and I don't need one, so I am trying hard to resist. I hold myself back thinking of all the other things, heli related, that I could buy instead, like spares, lol.

Speaking of heli related items Jerry. Any news on the FMA GPS module? And, do you think it will need a barometric altimeter too, since GPS is apparently particularly bad at calculating altitude?

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FMA's gone quiet, must mean they've hit snafu and had to go back a few steps in the design process

In the meantime, Skookum has shown a pre-production unit of the GPS module during the show in Hong-Kong, but it looks like's not much past beta stage, as there is no price or release date floating around...
Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting news that Jerry, very interesting

For now I'm hoping I can stretch to the SK720, for the 450 and any other future electric heli. Might aswell have something I can add GPS to later, and have self righting features plus hard deck. I really do like the Skookum unit for the potential of these feature's, the graph's and possibly being tidy enough to squeeze it all onto a 450 with GPS??? So I think the saving in crash costs would easily cover the initial outlay in approximately a couple of years, by my calculations and heli ordering records

Almost decided on a head for the 450, and I think for starters the blades will be the budget 3G seconds from FL's. Still got servo's to consider yet, but that will depend on what's available at the time. Might go 2nd hand on servo's again, so I can get better than what I can afford new, but MG's and digital are a pre-requisit of course

I think what all of this mean's, is that I will put back getting a DX8 in favour of doing a 450PRO upgrade and FBL conversion first

Means I will also have to run the 600 on curves and bypass the govenor for a while longer. But think it will be better long term to do it this way and modify my plans a little to get FBL sooner. Might aswell go the extra mile to get the controller I want, instead of something cheaper (but still good), and I may regret in a year or two, because I'm still hitting the real hard deck on a regular basis
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i just got a dx8 a couple weeks ago $417.09 shipped with the two extra receivers so total of three rx's an the telemetry unit. GREAT RADIO you should get one if you're thinking of it, think readyheli still has the deal, but not at $417.09

for the file reading tool, yes, i've tried it and it's great, will be very useful for trouble shooting set ups and tweaking the setup
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Found a way to link Skookum GPS unit image:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in