Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbells View Post
FWIW ..... There were no vibrations evident during the flight and all pre flight checks were spot on.

Up till that point the heli was performing absolutely beautifully ...... it even was able to do a hands off hover.

Head speed was about 80%

As I mentioned in my original post, there was no warning what so ever. One minute I was doing some lazy 8's when all of a sudden there was a loud crack and bits flew everywhere.

The main shaft sheared at the bolt hole, taking out the top of the frame.
Based on your description of the actual failure and the lack of symptoms leading up to the failure, it definitely sounds like a broken shaft caused by frame flex.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not quite the same, but I've just had a main grip explode mid flight ! 31st flight on grips, no adverse events, and other that a weakness from the injection moulding process, not sure on root cause. All I know, is that I now have an unplanned upgrade opportunity !

On a positive note, my lynx frame is unharmed and the cyclics are smooth ! Good job I hit TH as it went in 45* nose down & on its side.
MrCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Based on your description of the actual failure and the lack of symptoms leading up to the failure, it definitely sounds like a broken shaft caused by frame flex.
Have ordered all the new parts ..... and a frame stiffener !

I was a total disbeliever in the frame flex issue ....... up till now that is !

Now I am in two minds about it all ..... if it is down to the frame flex issue, then Blade has just cost me around £100 ..... Frame, battery, canopy, 2 servos, main gear, Main blades, Main Shaft, Feathering Shaft and some tail parts ..... Not a very happy Bunny !!!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Lot people told me they were flying stock 300x w/o issues then here is this guy with half the top of the heli GONE, then others saying you must run a stiffner. i do not know. I do not have my 300x yet should be here tuesday
still deciding to buy a stiffer or not. wanted to order the asteroids then people said it didn't work as good as the lynx one.
not found the lynx for less then $26 or i would maybe done ordered one.
The Astroid design one does not work very well at all. The lynx frame brace works excellent. If you have the plastic frame then get the lynx frame brace. There are many of us that have flown the 300x a lot. Most of us have all gone to the brace and some of us have upgraded to aftermarket frames. Even HH ditched the plastic frame and went with a CF frame so that should tell you something.

Personally I would take the money I intended to spend on the lynx frame brace and spend it on one of the aftermarket frames. When the brace came out we didn't have other options. But the brace does work well and will suite the needs of most users that are on a budget.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
The Astroid design one does not work very well at all. The lynx frame brace works excellent. If you have the plastic frame then get the lynx frame brace. There are many of us that have flown the 300x a lot. Most of us have all gone to the brace and some of us have upgraded to aftermarket frames. Even HH ditched the plastic frame and went with a CF frame so that should tell you something.

Personally I would take the money I intended to spend on the lynx frame brace and spend it on one of the aftermarket frames. When the brace came out we didn't have other options. But the brace does work well and will suite the needs of most users that are on a budget.
$21 for a Brace and $58-120 for a new frame, Thanks but i will stick to stock frame for now and add the brace.. I got mine all together and want to fly but not sure.. is there any way to brace it good enough not to worry about things till my brace gets here? Looks like its not eve shiped yet so pissed. I fig heli be here today and already had everything for it, I wish i had ordered the frame brace sooner but until i see the pic i thought stock be okay for now

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
$21 for a Brace and $58-120 for a new frame, Thanks but i will stick to stock frame for now and add the brace.. I got mine all together and want to fly but not sure.. is there any way to brace it good enough not to worry about things till my brace gets here? Looks like its not eve shiped yet so pissed. I fig heli be here today and already had everything for it, I wish i had ordered the frame brace sooner but until i see the pic i thought stock be okay for now
No one is paying $120 if they are they haven't looked very hard. The brace is just about 1/2 the price of the frame. So if you skip the brace and got straight to the frame it starts to make some sense. But I understand some people like to save some money. The frame isn't really requires it's a nice to have. Where the brace is pretty much a required thing IMO.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
No one is paying $120 if they are they haven't looked very hard. The brace is just about 1/2 the price of the frame. So if you skip the brace and got straight to the frame it starts to make some sense. But I understand some people like to save some money. The frame isn't really requires it's a nice to have. Where the brace is pretty much a required thing IMO.
I just seen a micro heli frame for $51 on ebay that is the cheapest one i have seen it said it on sale.. So 51.00 still more then $21, and I paid 21 shipped for the brace.
i see now if the heli had vibrations the whole thing shakes like crazy, my motor that came in mine is bad. Vibrates like crazy wish the guy i got it from would been truthful so i could had ordered a new motor

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in