Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Logo 500 3D

Well we finally got some good weather today in the UK and I got to test fly the Logo with the Mikado flybarless head and the SK360.

She's a Logo 500 3D flying on a TT Z30 1050kv clone using 8S A123's and a CC45HV. I have 9650's on cyclic and a 401/9254 on the tail and have just switched to use 550mm carbon's, branded as JPerkins.

I made a couple of minor changes to my original config. that I posted on the original SK360 thread, mainly to increase the servo travels to 100% (but left the swash mix values), but also to drop the roll/pitch rates in advanced settings from the 210deg/sec to 180deg/sec.

My whole setup was based on the default 3D one provided with the unit, and other than following the basic instructions given in the manual to map my DX7 onto the unit, I tweaked nothing but to add a 1% deadband.

My initial flight was faultless. I half expected a scare after reading the other posts, but my only change from normal take-off routine was to make damn sure I left the cyclic stick well alone while she spooled up. The Hiller decay was set to 100%, but this is the default for this setup file.

4 flights were all non-eventful. I tried tweaking the Bell gain for one, but found it introduced a small oscillation previously not there, so returned it. Skookum's website description saying it will fly out of the box on a Logo was 100% true.

Flips and rolls were a lot easier with the flybarless since corrections in the off-axis weren't needed, and I considerably improved my inverted flight because of the lack of need for minor hovering corrections. First impressions as an intermediate flyer are stunning.

My only change to make tonight using the USB cable will be to increase the advanced tab roll rate value. Pitch rate at max. stick feels bang on.

Kev
Skaross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Glad to hear!

Can I get some more information on the Logo 500 flybarless head please?

It's direct swash <-> blade grip, right?

Can somebody measure the distances:
a) from the swash-plate ball link to the main shaft
b) from the blade grip ball link to the center of the blade grip

I'd like to figure out the mixing ratio between the two.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear....I ordered the 500 head upgrade and SK last night...will report when it shows.
otisflies is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kev,

Any updates on your Logo ? I will be doing an L500 on A123's with the SK360 as well . Any more comments would be appreciated !

Marc
767drvr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in