Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which O-rings with white bushers?

Title says it all😊. Interested to hear from people who experimented with combination of orange and black o-rings and willing to share their experience and findings. Thanks...
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

black and black is best i find with white bushings
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
black and black is best i find with white bushings
Thanks for your advice. How would the orange o-rings with white bushings affect the flight characteristics compared to black bushings with black o-rings?
Old 12-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a huge amount but wear too quick
Old 12-03-2014, 03:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not a huge amount but wear too quick
I see....I have just ordered a set of black and orange rings together with the white bushings. Been flying stock black bushings and black rings since 2013 medium sport and just want to see the difference. The rocking head looks funny but it flies nice, so not quite shure what to expect when I put on the white bushings☺.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

expect magic
Old 12-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
expect magic
☺😊😀😁😂
Old 12-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If i remember correctly, i received a little note from Jan advising to use the red/ black rings on white bushing for few flights to allow the mechanics to adjust before going black/black on white bushing.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
If i remember correctly, i received a little note from Jan advising to use the red/ black rings on white bushing for few flights to allow the mechanics to adjust before going black/black on white bushing.
Thanks for that. Do you remember which one you suppose to put in first on the bushing? Probably splitting hair here😊
Old 12-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Black on the inside with red on the outside. I run it that way and to be honest, could not feel any difference to that or all black O-rings.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Black on the inside with red on the outside. I run it that way and to be honest, could not feel any difference to that or all black O-rings.
I hope I am reading this correctly. You slide first the orange one and than the black one on the white bushing, so the orange is on the outside closer to the blade grip and black is on the inside closer to the main shaft? Are you saying that you did not feel any difference between the white and black bushings or just between double black and orange/black combination of o-rings on white bushings??
Old 12-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes correct on the O-ring placement and yes no real difference between black-black and black-red or even red-red with the black bushings.

The only time I felt the behavior change was when changing between white and black bushings, with the black making it feel more connected but watch out for resonance at about 1400rpm as it can be more pronounced, so avoid that as a head speed.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 12-05-2014, 12:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes correct on the O-ring placement and yes no real difference between black-black and black-red or even red-red with the black bushings.

The only time I felt the behavior change was when changing between white and black bushings, with the black making it feel more connected but watch out for resonance at about 1400rpm as it can be more pronounced, so avoid that as a head speed.
That is interesting, as the main reason for me to order the white bushings was me believing that they actually make the flight experience more connected and precise. May I ask what in your opinion makes the change from black to white bushings actually worthwhile? Thanks in advance. BTW I really like to fly with HS of around 1750 mark, so the resonance is not an issue for me .
Old 12-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarian View Post
That is interesting, as the main reason for me to order the white bushings was me believing that they actually make the flight experience more connected and precise. May I ask what in your opinion makes the change from black to white bushings actually worthwhile? Thanks in advance. BTW I really like to fly with HS of around 1750 mark, so the resonance is not an issue for me .
You are correct, the black bushings are for the standard "wobbly" head with stock black hard O rings. For a more connected experience you need the white bush that is a closer fit into the O ring dampers, for those you can play with combinations of soft and hard O rings.
I have tried both, the white feels more like a Mikado Logo, fully connected. I have since gone back to black as I like the characteristic softer feel, I believe it is more forgiving for speed runs too with less stress on the head.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarian View Post
My bad, I had the two bushings confused! As CyprusFlyer posted is the same experience I had.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 12-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My bad, I had the two bushings confused! As CyprusFlyer posted is the same experience I had.
Thanks for clarification. I look forward to the white bushings. I will put orange and black o-ring combo innitially and will go from there. If I won't like it I will go back to black bushings and "wobbly" head. Pulling the head appart will give me at least oportunity to maintain the thrust bearings, clean and re-lube which is long overdue.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now after the white bushings have been installed I can only say WOW!!! For now I fly with combination of orange and black o-rings and it flies like on the rails, quite literaly. No more blade flapping during hover, not that it was anything wrong with that but now it really flies like a dream machine. Reacting very precisely to all stick imputs . At HS of 1,660 rpm it is full of life and I love it. Thanks to everyone who chipped in. IMHO the white bushings and additional orange o-rings should be included with the kit or even used as standard with the black bushings as an option, perhaps more for speed fliers.

Last edited by mmarian; 12-25-2014 at 03:16 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in