Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Getting a fury55!

Hey guys I've been watching this forum for a while and really appreciate all I've been able to learn so far. I started flying years ago with a ergo 30 SS(Schweitzer). Have a several renditons of 450s and a mcpx. Anyway, I'm looking at getting a fbl fury55 and was wondering if there is any one around Red Wing MN to help with Setup when it's ready? Seems kinda Lonely down here!
badstick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They really don't take much to set up. What gear are you planning to run in it?
SamIAm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I guess I'm not so concerned about the actual setup, more its just nice to have a second set of eyes to look at it. My probable/planned setup is :
OS 55hz or the new YS60SR
Throttle Jockey gov
BeastX or AR7200BX
H6040 cyclic
H6080G Tail
Fromeco Arizona regulator

I suppose not the hottest setup but, I dont think Ill be out flying it anytime soon!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might want to look at the optional gyro plate for the front if you're going with a BeastX, the other option would be mounting it at the back, and running a long sbus lead to a receiver up the front. They are dead easy to set up. Just make sure the belt is nice and tight. Loctite any bolt that threads into metal and grease the spindle, main gear and shafts. I managed to fit my Arizona on the underside of the electronics tray but I did have to cut a bit of a few of the cooling fins for it to fit around the throttle servo. Get that motor run in and tuned nicely before worrying about governing it. My Fury is ungoverned at the moment and it stills flies awesome.
SamIAm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking the same thing out here in abq nm its almost like people out here that fly think that your a threat and keep all the tips or advice to themselves. Probably the same everywhere. Anyway i jumped from a mcpx to a 130 then straight to the trex 600e pro i finished the build and the motor turned out defective which i sent yesterday to get a new one. All that aside i had ordered the fury55 kit i had the electronics and the motor and the beastx. So i did the back to back build of the trex (My first ever kit) and the fury 55(number two) where the align left me saying what the #@&* in a few place by the way the align manual was more of an exploded parts diagram that mentioned the need for thread lock about every other page and thats it. I put it together only to be left on the ground by the motor. I then opened the MA kit and i was shocked the manual looks like a Novel all the steps required are in the perfect order i followed them to the dot. I put the beastx on the side of the frame with some servo tape and the foam it came with then clamped it with a spring clamp for about a day. The sun came up i went out to my virgin flying spot fired it off and flew for 5 hours it was amazing. If you are faced with no help it is entirely possible the manual will guide you get it build it and fly it that's it you'll have the best time of your adult life!!! Hope that helps the bird is a Dream to fly flawless in every imaginable way. Im using OS 50 Hyper, 4 Futaba 9351, 9254 tail 2S 3000mah lifepo, switchglo (a must now that i have it), 8 hole futaba receiver, and a t8fgs.
ChapaWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks for the replys

Hey guys thanks for the reply's! As of right now things are on hold for wonderful medical reasons, I ended up lucking out and getting a Whiplash Gasser, right before the problems so of course it sits in the box for a while till all else gets settled. Still want to get a 55 or something of that size but will have to see. Again thanks for all now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in