Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Some "issues" during my X50E build.

Hope you can easy my mind regarding these issues im having.

First. My maingear has some play upp and down on the one way bearing shaft.
In the manual there is a washer between the main gear and the gear below it. I verified that the washer is in place, but still got some play. Perhaps is not a issue.
Only way to "solve" this would be in my mind, to use a thicker washer between the gears?

( its not a mainshaft play, its the maingear that can slide up and down on the one way bearing shaft ).

Second.
On both the tail gear in the tail hub and the tail gear at the front, I can move the actual gear in and out from the gearmount about 1mm.
Its a 1mm play.
This make the gear mesh between the gears change from dead on to a bit tight ( its not bindind but you can feel/se that the mesh is is changing ).
Se pic.

Third.
On the tail rotor I noticed that i cant use the max throw in one way ( towards the tail hub ). if I do , the tail pitch control link gets in a bad angel, and get jamed.
I have to leave about a 5mm gap to prevent this.
Se pic.

Hope you can share some thoughts on this.

And sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All of the problems you described were present in my build. The main gear play did not concern me because my Furion 6 also has it and it's part of the design.

My front torque tube gear was the same, so I leftt out the shims to keep it smooth. So far so good but it is my first torque tube, so maybe somebody a bit experienced will chime in.

As for the tail slider, I simply set the limits in the beastX to keep it from getting stuck. Even though I'm not using all of the travel, the tail still performs perfectly.
spootman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

Its "good" to hear that its not unik to my build.

I must say that im not mega impressed by the quality of this kit.
Coming from JR i seen better. I know the X50 is pretty cheap compared to its JR's counterpart, but anyways... :/
I have not fly the X50 yet, so I wount say if any of this will affect how its fly.
Time will tell..

Regards
Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same problems at fron for me but no problems at the tail.
But my x50e wont fly. massive vibrations from somewhere around the maingear.
the main gear moves up and down its not straight , my vbar did a maxreading at 4300 vib
highest i ever done.

Can it be something wrong ?

When i take away the motor from the maingear , the vibration stops,
simonarvestrand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My main gear also has the up and down play, but it is not a problem. What is the heli doing in a hover?
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys i had the same problem with the main gear to solve it i added another shim from my local bearing supply place i have not had any of the other issues you guys have had. As for a vibe problem have not had that but i am using a SK540 on it.
T-Rex 700N FBL OS GT15 HZ (SK-540)
ranma103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorz499 View Post
My main gear also has the up and down play, but it is not a problem. What is the heli doing in a hover?
A heli that do 4300 points in the vbar analys is not ready to fly . the swash moves
on benchtest , 100% krash if i try to fly it.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^Where is your sensor mounted? Can you upload a picture?
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you get the vibrations when you remove the head or just when the motor is backed off the main gear? If it is just the motor, then you might want to look at the motor shaft or pinion.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spootman View Post
Do you get the vibrations when you remove the head or just when the motor is backed off the main gear? If it is just the motor, then you might want to look at the motor shaft or pinion.
just motor flyable amount of vibrations 250 ,
no change on vibrations when removing tailbom , so all vibrations comes when i push
the motor to the maingear.
I will try even if it seems useless to mount a motorspacer its a little bit tight for the pinion,
it maybe maybe makes vibrations when it is under pressure or someting.

i can't find anyting wrong at all.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You could always spin the pinion support bearing around to take the pressure off the pinion. That way you'll know if it is causing the vibes without having to wait for the motor spacer.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spootman View Post
You could always spin the pinion support bearing around to take the pressure off the pinion. That way you'll know if it is causing the vibes without having to wait for the motor spacer.
Tanks for the tips. i will do that. the motorspacer is out of stock everywhere so i have to try something. maybe selling the x50
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Main Shaft Play

You can easily remove the up/down play in the main shaft by adjusting the Main shaft locking collar while it is installed on the main shaft. Here is what I did: 1) Turn the main shaft until the 1 of the 2 set screws on the locking collar is aligned with the small hole in the carbon fiber frame panel and loosen the 1st set screw. 2) Turn the main shaft approximately 45 degrees to align the 2nd set screow with the small hole in the frame panel and loosen it. 3) Push down on the main shaft while pushing up on the main shaft locking collar to ensure that both the spacer at the bottom of the main gear and the locking collar are making contact with both the main shaft ball bearings. 4) Tighten the 1st set screw on the locking collar and test to make sure the play is gone. Turn the main shaft 45 degrees and tighten the 2nd set screw. You are done and the play is gone! This is important because you do want the shaft secured so there is no play during collective pitch changes but also loading the bearings is important for smooth, vibration free operation. Let me know if you have any questions.
ghenders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in