Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI Naza-H GPS Flybarless System

DJI Has Already Released Formally Naza Series Product——Naza-H GPS Helicopter System.

In order to help customers get rid of some confusions about Naza-H GPS functions, a thread created.

Naza-H GPS is not only an autopilot stabilization system (Attitude Mode & Gps Attitude Mode) included following all other DJI existing helicopter autopilot system, Ace One, Ace Waypoint and WooKong-H/WooKong-H Lite, but is a Flybarless System with very good performance ((Including Pirouette Compensation, Auto Trim, Suitable for Different Flying Styles, etc). You can check the video below.

Therefore, Naza-H is a good option for Flybarless System 3D Flight and Autopilot Stabilization Flight.

Naza-H Main Features:
All-in-One Design
Built-in Tail Gyro/Flybarless Supported
Support for Multiple Electric Helicopter Platforms
Advanced Attitude and Control Algorithm
Optional GPS Module
Multiple Flight Control Modes/Intelligent Switching
D-Bus Supported
Independent LED Module
Semi-auto Take-off & Landing (Will Be Available in The Following New Firmware)

Welcome your discussion, feedback and questions about Naza-H GPS?

DJI Naza-H Setup Demostration:

DJI Naza-H Assistant Software Configuration:

DJI Naza-H 3D Flight

DJI Naza-H GPS Atti.Mode with Position Lock

Last edited by DJI Innovations; 12-12-2012 at 10:16 PM..
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you plan on adding the Return to Home functionality to this?

John
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatguy View Post
Do you plan on adding the Return to Home functionality to this?

John
+1
alchemy66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will it get Intelligent orientation control with future firmware ?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Absolutely, the firmware of Naza-H is upgradable!
It will have more useful functions included according to customers' requirements, such as Neutral-Position Recordable and Semi-auto Take-off/Landing. We will have the two functions available firstly.
Regarding Return-to-Home and IOC, we don't have the plan at this early stage. Will make it announced here if we have the plan.

NAZA-H+GPS Autopilot System has GPS Module(optional), Attitude Stabilization, and perfect Flybarless System and Tail Gyro (Including Pirouette Compensation, Auto Trim, Suitable for Different Flying Styles, etc)

Therefore, Naza-H has already been a good option as an autopilot system with GPS module and also a good FBL flight system.

Now we are preparing some videos for Naza-H, will be posted here....
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are preparing some good videos now, will post here ASAP.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to see you are posting here, since I never had a reply to the two emails I sent... Perhaps I can get a response here.

What is the logic behind not including RTH when the Naza-M has it and it works so well?

I would also like to see you change the software slightly to give the option of setting tail gain numerically in software (in the same way as cyclic gain).

On an AP/FPV rig, which I suggest are your prime targets here, channels are at a premium. To give over a channel just for tail gain is a waste... For the vast majority it is a value they will set and then never change once its working well... Make it so we can set tail gain in the software if we want, and then we'll have another channel spare!

Lastly, when do you expect to have the full manual available for download from your site?
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default naza

This is fine showing flips, backwards flight etc, show me a novice using this system, spending 500 bucks isn't a problem, since when you pile up one you are spending that much to fix it.

I want to see a novice take off, fly around, use the home feature, if you get to where you can flip it around, wrecking it will eventually happen, but I want to see a novice fly it around, land, take off, get confidence in flying, I have a couple hex's with your stuff on it, flawless, im ready to buy a couple of these for my 700 nitros, but would like to see someone with no experience fly with your unit on it.
efmautoclutch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your product description states "Naza-H is suitable for a variety of electric helicopter platforms from small to large, such as 450, 500, 600 and 700 size, etc." Does that mean I should not use it in Trex 800? I just wanted to make sure.

You have to include some sort of RTH in case of failsafe. Even if it doesn't land like Naza-M when RTH is activated, it should return to a certain radius of initial GPS home position. I'm planning to use this for fpv and I need to be sure it will at least return back to where I have TX signal incase I loose it. I do the same with my F450 Naza-M and if I loose signal after like 2kms, it gets back to my signal zone and I take over before it actually returns home and lands. This is a big reassurance especially with a heli that would cause more damage where it falls.

One last question, can the Atti and GPS modes be used as a bail-out function for 3D practicing? I know Align APS cannot be used like that as some members here tried and crashed many times. I feel like it would work since Naza-M seems to level and hold my F450 from any manual flight position whenever I flick the switch.
| SAB GREEN GOBLIN 700 | SAB URUKAY | Synergy E5 | Synergy E7SE | 700 Dominator | Futaba 18MZ | T-Rex 500 ESP DFC | Mcpx BLS | Red Bull BO-105 | 180CFX | Kyosho Hyperfly | TBS Disco | Disco Pro | Disco Pro AMOB | Caipi | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |
Hizlimax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Asked my dealer about getting more Wookong-H units. Reply was he wasn't Does this mean no more Wookong H and now only Naza H? Pardon me if asked and answered already but have not been able to find the answer.
Price difference of $1250 vs $495 has me wondering....
lvmosher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
Glad to see you are posting here, since I never had a reply to the two emails I sent... Perhaps I can get a response here.

What is the logic behind not including RTH when the Naza-M has it and it works so well?

I would also like to see you change the software slightly to give the option of setting tail gain numerically in software (in the same way as cyclic gain).

On an AP/FPV rig, which I suggest are your prime targets here, channels are at a premium. To give over a channel just for tail gain is a waste... For the vast majority it is a value they will set and then never change once its working well... Make it so we can set tail gain in the software if we want, and then we'll have another channel spare!

Lastly, when do you expect to have the full manual available for download from your site?

Naza-M and Naza-H are different product line, so you can't compare the functions with each other. Regarding RTH, we will think over about that, but not at this stage. Quick start is a good start to help customers understand how to use it very quickly. If you run the assistant software of Naza-H, you'll know all of the detailed instruction included inside software. You just need to follow step by step to finish the setup.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by efmautoclutch View Post
This is fine showing flips, backwards flight etc, show me a novice using this system, spending 500 bucks isn't a problem, since when you pile up one you are spending that much to fix it.

I want to see a novice take off, fly around, use the home feature, if you get to where you can flip it around, wrecking it will eventually happen, but I want to see a novice fly it around, land, take off, get confidence in flying, I have a couple hex's with your stuff on it, flawless, im ready to buy a couple of these for my 700 nitros, but would like to see someone with no experience fly with your unit on it.

Totally understand your feeling. We will add the Semi-auto Take-off/Landing feature in the next step. that will help a lot for a novice. That's very easy to come out.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
Your product description states "Naza-H is suitable for a variety of electric helicopter platforms from small to large, such as 450, 500, 600 and 700 size, etc." Does that mean I should not use it in Trex 800? I just wanted to make sure.

You have to include some sort of RTH in case of failsafe. Even if it doesn't land like Naza-M when RTH is activated, it should return to a certain radius of initial GPS home position. I'm planning to use this for fpv and I need to be sure it will at least return back to where I have TX signal incase I loose it. I do the same with my F450 Naza-M and if I loose signal after like 2kms, it gets back to my signal zone and I take over before it actually returns home and lands. This is a big reassurance especially with a heli that would cause more damage where it falls.

One last question, can the Atti and GPS modes be used as a bail-out function for 3D practicing? I know Align APS cannot be used like that as some members here tried and crashed many times. I feel like it would work since Naza-M seems to level and hold my F450 from any manual flight position whenever I flick the switch.

Please follow the manual to set up on recommended helicopter type, thanks!
We will considering about RTH function. Naza-H doesn't have bail-out function now....
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmosher View Post
Asked my dealer about getting more Wookong-H units. Reply was he wasn't Does this mean no more Wookong H and now only Naza H? Pardon me if asked and answered already but have not been able to find the answer.
Price difference of $1250 vs $495 has me wondering....
We don't stop the WooKong-H product line, if you need, you can reach the dealers.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the WKH and just received the Naza H. They are two different products. The Ace One is the pinnacle of SRH controllers capable of waypoint navigation and control of the Z15 Gimbal. The WKH is more of a scale controller, no 3D. In the future, DJI may choose to give it some of the functions of the Ace One, but since the software has not been upgraded in over a year it is uncertain if that will happen. The Naza H is sport controller capable of 3D plus has stabilization built in with a barometric sensor for altitude hold. Then you add in the GPS/Compass you have an inexpensive controller that can do it all. Maybe not all things as well as its big brothers, but dang good none the less. I hope that helps understand the difference between the models and why there is a difference in price.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Video: Naza-H GPS Attitude Mode with Attitude Stabilization & Position Lock

The Video is for Naza-H GPS Attitude Mode with Attitude Stabilization & Position Lock.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI Innovations View Post
Please follow the manual to set up on recommended helicopter type, thanks!
We will considering about RTH function. Naza-H doesn't have bail-out function now....
You could just have said "Yes", "No" or "We haven't tested it on anything larger than 700. I just had to read through the whole manual and it just says "Supported Helicopter Types: 450, 500, 600, 700 Electric Helicopter" Going from your logic and statement, it should not be used on a 550 size helicopter either since its not listed on the manual. I'm still not clear if it would be suitable for Trex 800 or not.

So will Naza-H let you fly around like the Naza-M and Wookong-H does in Atti and GPS modes with 45 degrees angle or will it just lock the position and let you yaw, roll and pitch very slowly? The manual also states that the throttle locks to the current position when you switch to Atti or GPS modes and I don't get the logic in that. I guess I will just buy it or wait for a member to test it out
| SAB GREEN GOBLIN 700 | SAB URUKAY | Synergy E5 | Synergy E7SE | 700 Dominator | Futaba 18MZ | T-Rex 500 ESP DFC | Mcpx BLS | Red Bull BO-105 | 180CFX | Kyosho Hyperfly | TBS Disco | Disco Pro | Disco Pro AMOB | Caipi | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Last edited by Hizlimax; 12-06-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Come on, of course it'll be fine on an 800...

It's just a generic statement.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most likely it will be fine, but I just wanted a verification from them. Plus when you get an answer like "Please follow the manual to set up on recommended helicopter type, thanks!", you start to question whats generic whats not on that manual.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

This seems to answer my question about forward flight in Atti and GPS modes. It seems to work pretty much like the NAZA-M and lets you cruise around with a limited angle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in