Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default N5 clutch tolerance

What should the clutch and clutch bell tolerance be? Mine is extremely tight and is binding everything up. Does not allow the main gear to spin freely and is grabbing the bell if you try and spin the starter shaft.
EO19 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

From Matt's website:

Quote:
Engine & Clutch Stack Alignment-

Mount your engine and clutch stack into the frames as shown in the instructions. Leave all bolts lose at first. First tighten down the four engine mount tab screws. Next you will want to check your main gear mesh. You can rock the engine slightly toward or away from the main gear to achieve a slightly better mesh. Once you are happy with the main gear to pinion mesh, tighten down the eight motor mount bolts to the frame. Once the engine is secured you can now check the start shaft for free rotation. Move the clutch stack slightly fore or aft until you feel the start shaft is free within the one-way clutch bearing. Tighten down the four clutch stack bearing block screws are you are done.
This should work, it worked for me as I was having the same issue. Also, my clutch was a little tight but has worn in with time.

HTH

Synergy N5
O.S. 55 HZ
GY 611/S9256, S9252 x 3, DS510 x 1
keithstric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

EO19- imine was a little tight at first so i took a dremel with the small round grinder rock and barley took it around the sleeve after installing it, just dont put any pressure on it so it wont divit it out and it should be perfect after a few times around it,
Old 07-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just started the engine whilst a freind held the head - rev the engine untill it begins to smoke an the cut if off again. let it cool down, and do the same again. Do it untill its fairly free, but still engages at fairly low revs, and the rest will bed in nicely as you use it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in