Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do not worry guys, I am passing your comments over to the PD of Rakon and I bet in time there will be a V2 frame. I also bet that in time, Microheli and Xtreme will have their own versions. But as stated, this is the first aftermarket frame for the tiny living room terror.
One thing I do like about this frame, is the tail-boom supports.

I actually did take a picture of the bottom, I can add that soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wait - I just had an ultimate recall - why don't any of our companies use Carbon-Reinforced plastic, like Tamiya does on their top-ofthe-line TRF cars? I own one, and it's less than 1lb. - that's uber-awesome for a 1/10th scale TC car!!!!

Carbon-reinforced plastic is harder, and unless it's boiled after purchased, can be just as brittle as plate glass though. They'd need boiling instructions - or cold-boiled in synthetic oil . . . for preservation and durability . . .

. . . . .Yeah, listen to that insanity!
dragnse7en is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
Do not worry guys, I am passing your comments over to the PD of Rakon and I bet in time there will be a V2 frame. I also bet that in time, Microheli and Xtreme will have their own versions. But as stated, this is the first aftermarket frame for the tiny living room terror.
One thing I do like about this frame, is the tail-boom supports.

I actually did take a picture of the bottom, I can add that soon.
Thanks hoss.

I truely do not work for anyone except myself - and the boss is an ass! heh lol

I do small jobs with aerospace and military contracts on my CAD stuff, but it's high-time I did something that I have a passion for.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Wait - I just had an ultimate recall - why don't any of our companies use Carbon-Reinforced plastic, like Tamiya does on their top-ofthe-line TRF cars? I own one, and it's less than 1lb. - that's uber-awesome for a 1/10th scale TC car!!!!

Carbon-reinforced plastic is harder, and unless it's boiled after purchased, can be just as brittle as plate glass though. They'd need boiling instructions - or cold-boiled in synthetic oil . . . for preservation and durability . . .

. . . . .Yeah, listen to that insanity!

Well I lied, I thought I had a picture of the frames bottom. Maybe I intended to take one but didn't. Good thought dragnse7en, but can the material be CNC machined?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I lied, I thought I had a picture of the frames bottom. Maybe I intended to take one but didn't. Good thought dragnse7en, but can the material be CNC machined?
From my understanding over at TamiyaUSA, all their carbon reinforced plastics are made thru the high-end precision injection molding process in Japan (thank god for them, b/c China never gets it right to this day)

But, in theory, I suppose we can order and buy a sheet or block blanks from Japan, and machine it. What's on your mind with that? PM me . . . .
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You've ben PMed.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
I would also like to see what the other aftermarket companies design for a Nano frame and what they price theirs at.
well - RC-Heaven.eu has probably been the first to release a Nano upgrade frame:
http://www.rc-heaven.eu/Tuning-Rahme...P03-Nano-Motor

Its out for many weeks now (November?), price is about 26 US$.
There are only few reviews on this frame so far, but reviews are good.
I considered to buy it, did not buy it so far...

Probably too expensive for you guys overseas to buy because of shipping costs (but here we are "used" to horribly expensive shipping costs from one country to another within EU).

I like the Rakonheli frame, but wont buy it now.
Main reason: I have RKH frame (and others) for my mCP x - and those frames break easily and replacement parts (CF, board mount) are quite pricy with time, while I can repair a stock frame easily or replace it for cheap...

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not sure why you would need one ...

... Carbon frames are great for strength. Not sure why that would be needed with a Nano? I have yet to break anything on my Nano ... just a canopy. Oh, just remembered, replaced the skids twice. Can't imagine what someone would have to do to a Nano to require a new frame ...

I could see a need for carbon for the 300x, based on many comments about the frame having some flex in it. Lynx sells a kit that stiffens the frame.

I've had to change frames on my 130x twice ... that's a high maintenance heli, and over time the threads in the plastic frame can become stripped.

IMHO, the Nano is a perfect indoor flyer, and a real steal because it is perfect stock out of the box. It's so light and durable that it's hard to break anything, and when you do, parts are so cheap that there is no real need for upgraded parts.

So I'm surprised any after-market company would offer a carbon frame for the Nano before the 300x or 130x.
nebeginner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeginner View Post

So I'm surprised any after-market company would offer a carbon frame for the Nano before the 300x or 130x.
Mounting brushless motors - thats the reason.

Very difficult (and with spezialized motors) - should be much easier with a aftermarket frame.

Walter
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

well - RC-Heaven.eu has probably been the first to release a Nano upgrade frame:
http://www.rc-heaven.eu/Tuning-Rahme...P03-Nano-Motor

Its out for many weeks now (November?), price is about 26 US$.
There are only few reviews on this frame so far, but reviews are good.
I considered to buy it, did not buy it so far...

Probably too expensive for you guys overseas to buy because of shipping costs (but here we are "used" to horribly expensive shipping costs from one country to another within EU).

I like the Rakonheli frame, but wont buy it now.
Main reason: I have RKH frame (and others) for my mCP x - and those frames break easily and replacement parts (CF, board mount) are quite pricy with time, while I can repair a stock frame easily or replace it for cheap...

Walter
Nice! I like how it's white, and I love those skids too! But how durable are those? I wouldn't mind getting a set. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Varc,
I do not own it - so I cannot give any comments on durability.

BTW:
Skids should fit only to stock frame, while "upgrade frame" is made for mCP x skids (because of use of 300 mAh batteries); thats what I read.
There are very few (if any) reviews on this frame in German forums (at least the ones I follow), only few comments: It should be quite soft material, maybe too soft (?), but everyting else ok; possibility of mounting different motors.

Walter
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of soft material. Thanks again for the info!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeginner View Post
... Carbon frames are great for strength. Not sure why that would be needed with a Nano? I have yet to break anything on my Nano ... just a canopy. Oh, just remembered, replaced the skids twice. Can't imagine what someone would have to do to a Nano to require a new frame ...

I could see a need for carbon for the 300x, based on many comments about the frame having some flex in it. Lynx sells a kit that stiffens the frame.

I've had to change frames on my 130x twice ... that's a high maintenance heli, and over time the threads in the plastic frame can become stripped.

IMHO, the Nano is a perfect indoor flyer, and a real steal because it is perfect stock out of the box. It's so light and durable that it's hard to break anything, and when you do, parts are so cheap that there is no real need for upgraded parts.

+1 - going brushless with a nano would need something better. I have read from a lot of guys that have BL nCP Xs that they're breaking their canopy mounts.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, today maybe the day I decide to just go ahead and install the frame for the sake of my reviews. I am extremely bored today and this will give me something to do. However, it is also Saturday. And Saturdays for me have never ben good days for projects. Seems I am cursed on Saturdays and usually wind up breaking something important.
Hmmmmm, maybe I'll just hold off till Sunday. LOL!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Mounting brushless motors - thats the reason.

Very difficult (and with spezialized motors) - should be much easier with a aftermarket frame.

Walter
Thanks, never thought of that.
nebeginner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out Varc's new Avatar - he's got it done. I don't know why he hasn't posted anything about it yet . . . . . (peer pressure) LOL - take your time and give us good feedback and great pics!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Check out Varc's new Avatar - he's got it done. I don't know why he hasn't posted anything about it yet . . . . . (peer pressure) LOL - take your time and give us good feedback and great pics!
Uh, your wrong. I have not installed the frame yet so not sure what your talking about. Only thing I did was painted the windshield white after removing the chrome finish. What you might be seeing is the silver head.

No frame yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Uh, your wrong. I have not installed the frame yet so not sure what your talking about. Only thing I did was painted the windshield white after removing the chrome finish. What you might be seeing is the silver head.

No frame yet.

Ughh - my bad!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe tomorrow you'll see something!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi Varc,
why, in rakon site, the frames are all out of stock?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in