Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

good solution would be a tail hub that fits 6mm shaft
one new part but also easier to make the tail shaft
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazsyss350 View Post
I ordered the tail shaft from the chaos 700, going to give it a try and see what happens, I haven't had any issue so far with the align tail shafts but just to be on the safe side i'll try the chaos ones. http://www.scaleflying.com/Torque-Tu...t-_p_2096.html
Is That the shaft for the Trex 700E DFC.It dosen't tell on there.Thanks Jim
jimmitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have keep a close eye on this thread i have sent many of your post over to Align, I can tell you this the tail shaft is the same ones we always had for the nitro and the V1 V2 E and now DFC the only change has been the gearing for the E now it 4.73 it was 4.67 the new nitro gearing is 4.99 was 4.66 these gearing changes have been out for awhile the other point is some DFC E have the Vib and some are fine.I have one that is good and one that vibs and i have left it this was to try and find the problem if i put tail blades that are lighter than the align ones the heli is good but thats not the fix we know its driven by head speed so i hunt to find it. I have few ideas and yes one was a 6mm shaft out from the bearing on the tail side. We are working toward a solution for this

Dino
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since the 600efl guys run 105s regularly (and generally at higher speeds than on 700s) and we haven't heard much about stripped gearing in the tail case, perhaps the stock 550/600 tail case (which doesn't have the shaft reduction) is another work-around requiring only parts that already exist. Granted a 6mm shaft and matching tail rotor hub is probably a better / more durable long term solution.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

making a 6mm tail shaft means alot of new part new hubs new bearing on the tail hub side new tail shaft and new pitch slider Sooooooooooooo .
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think what was being proposed would mean just the shaft and the hub would be new as you'd eliminate the final diameter reduction only.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I polished out the radius at the step down of the shaft. This will remove those machining rings and get rid of the stress risers. It's not an overall solution but it certainly will help. But I'm also beginning to suspect the plastic links. After this fiasco, https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=468768 and I have had 700 blades on this hub with the 600N OS50, and KME 60 plus the nemovi electric conversion and I wasn't gentle with the piroettes. So after snapping off the two spindles while on the DFC, which are in fact smaller but appears to be made of stainless steel, that would take a fair amount of force, but if a plastic link broke, the blade could to a high angle and take out the spindle and or shaft. The tail rotor drive shaft was still in one piece so I guess the polishing helped. Trial by fire here. I think the grip and blade are in the next county.

I bought the KDE metal links and after a little careful filing on the yoke the links fit pretty well and judicious tightening of the two yoke clamping screws did the trick. Now If something breaks I'll have a good idea what was at fault as I'm trying to auto in.

I have been fighting vibes also, 29 on the skookum out of the box, 9-10 after motor bearing replacement after 4-5 flights. KDE motor alone in the frame, a little under one. Air frame and motor after new frames, boom, TT, auto gear and umbrella gear, a little under 3. I don't remember what shim with the main shaft but the bolt goes in just a little snug. You don't want to pinch the inner races of the upper and lower bearings together or you will get the notchy feeling and vibes.

Sorry to be long winded but whether or not it was my fault for swapping parts, this was a gosh darn expensive mishap. Plus any loss of tail rotor especially close in could be very hazardous.
Helos4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
i have keep a close eye on this thread i have sent many of your post over to Align, I can tell you this the tail shaft is the same ones we always had for the nitro and the V1 V2 E and now DFC the only change has been the gearing for the E now it 4.73 it was 4.67 the new nitro gearing is 4.99 was 4.66 these gearing changes have been out for awhile the other point is some DFC E have the Vib and some are fine.I have one that is good and one that vibs and i have left it this was to try and find the problem if i put tail blades that are lighter than the align ones the heli is good but thats not the fix we know its driven by head speed so i hunt to find it. I have few ideas and yes one was a 6mm shaft out from the bearing on the tail side. We are working toward a solution for this

Dino
the design of the tail blade holder has also changed
it is new with 3 bearings
this design has less dampening effect

thanks to op @ german forum

solution proposed - using plasic tail grips to allow dampening
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmitch View Post
Is That the shaft for the Trex 700E DFC.It dosen't tell on there.Thanks Jim
Its the shaft for the chaos 700 which I believe is the same as the trex 700e v1, but the tail shaft is the same between the two v1 and v2, as for the dfc, I think its still the same, its the front gears that have the different gear ratio, I could be wrong though.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestan View Post
the design of the tail blade holder has also changed
it is new with 3 bearings
this design has less dampening effect

thanks to op @ german forum

solution proposed - using plasic tail grips to allow dampening
According the 700e DFC manual, it still uses the v2 tail hub with 2 radials and a thrust bearing stack.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post
According the 700e DFC manual, it still uses the v2 tail hub with 2 radials and a thrust bearing stack.
being 3 bearings in total
as opposed to the 2 in the V1
Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
being 3 bearings in total
as opposed to the 2 in the V1
Right, which means it's the same as the V2s and not "new" in the sense that nothing changed from the previous version.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far no response from Align.They know there is trouble with this shift. They better recall it before someone gets hurt.This reminds me of my Ski-doo new 2008 XP . The drive shafts were breaking and all the forums were saying your pushing them to hard, .they finally recalled them .I only do loops and rolls no hard 3D Please Align contact me and make good on this $1,500 dollar heli.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

guys sending emails to align in taiwan is not going to help thats why i am here we are working toward a solutions
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

you need to email Jeff at Jeff@alignrcusa.com
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I emailed Jeff about the vibes and explained the motor bearing snafu but no real help there.
Helos4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm getting a resonant vibe at around 2000rpm pn the head, if I fly at 2150rpm it goes away but can hear it come in a little every time I load the disc a fair bit.

I was chasing it for ages but got to the point where I just wanted to fly my new heli.
It hasn't caused any issues so far.
Tempted to borrow a skookum or a vbar to log the vibes to see where they are coming from but I suspect it's the tail.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
you need to email Jeff at Jeff@alignrcusa.com
Thanks Dino I sent it to Jeff.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

the new mikado 700 tail has built in dampening with 3 rubber rings - just like a small rotor head
we might wait for this to come together with 6mm tail shaft and hub?!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #60 (permalink)

I changed this because in my not so happy moment went more personal then necessary sorry to all and tim

Last edited by sarah1097; 11-15-2012 at 10:38 PM..
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in