Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V2 BL success!

Some say dont do bl conversion on v2, but I never have been one to follow the masses. I was just about to go pnp but started to have my doubts after checkin out some of the threads here. So I backed out on pnp and decided to find a freaker to help me out, turned my bird over to spunjah413 and he hooked the little bird up nice! Spin 16300 w/blheli govnr and dampened everything with silicone o-rings. Took a few crashes to get used to higher headspeed(and yes I too am a superior crashmaster) but after getting used to it WOW! I even flew it for an entire day with a cracked frame and a bent feathering shaft! Got some sloppy tail wag but flyable. With head properly setup its butter smooth folks. And cant seem to blow the tail(sr 120 w/plantraco) even during hard collective. Thanks again to spunjah413 for hookin it up on my little.brushless beast.
TSully is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool ! what is your exact setup ?
helivinci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Setup

Spin 16300 motor , xp7a w/governer(flashed), sr120 tail setup w/plantraco 65mm prop, and everything.has been dampened with silicone o-rings.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

n1, great little motor it is eh

are u using the stock frame and head?
craig303uk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Yes

Stock frame (chopped on of course)w/astroid designs lower frame brace and head is stock other than mh swash. The servos have.been spaced out 1mm to allow for some flex with stock frame
Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome brotha!

BL tail soon right? Lol

Be testing mine this week hopefully

:

And to any wondering, the spin 16.3 flys amazingly well governed. Great motor choice for the sskaug's BLHeli flash.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good stuff mate!

Spunj - if u had to choose between goverened spin or governed 915 which would you choose?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think most people's answer would be one of each
flixdachef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzion View Post
Good stuff mate!

Spunj - if u had to choose between goverened spin or governed 915 which would you choose?
Me personally, the 915 un-governed at 100% (although I do fly governed 80% in smaller areas like my backyard). I just like shear speed and power/torque this thing offers. Although when the motor is governed it really does not hold the HS as well for the full battery duration. Me and Dylan both think that the 550 Hyps aren't even able to keep up with the motor. It really needs something bigger.

16.3 is great. Not as much bogging during hard collective with non flashed ESC and consistent HS for the full battery duration. Just not as poppy/torquey as the 915. The 16.3 is fairly quick in full collective, but the 915 blasts off like a rocket!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjah413 View Post
Although when the motor is governed it really does not hold the HS as well for the full battery duration.
Do you mean even using the flashed BLHeli ESC the HS is not
consistent for the full battery duration?
coredump is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post
Do you mean even using the flashed BLHeli ESC the HS is not
consistent for the full battery duration?
Yes, that's is my experience on the 915. Batts seem like the limiting factor.

Dylan also notices it as I was talking to him via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad

I noticed the 915 on a 9 tooth would only govern for half of the flight or so, until the battery voltage dropped to the point there was no overhead left to actually be governed (I say that a true governed setup never hits 100% throttle for the whole flight to keep the requested RPM) and if you start out with a lower governed headspeed you are out of the sweet spot and the tail suffers from the torque of the motor trying to keep the RPM's constant.

-Dylan
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info mate - I do like the sound for the sheer torque and power of the 915, although it is concerning hearing that it doesn't behave that well for the whole battery governed as I would be keen to govern it a bit to start off with and then eventually move up to 100%

What Pinion are you running on the Spin and 915? 9T?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzion View Post
What Pinion are you running on the Spin and 915? 9T?
His spin 16.3 is running an 8T. My 915 has ran both 9T and 10T. 10T was way too much stress on the ESC and battery. Both where the hottest i've ever felt, and the batt life was worse (flew a 4min pack, but ending voltage was 3.5V as opposed to 3.7V on the 9T). HS was easily over ~8K im assuming. Went back to the 9T as I didn't feel the performance was worth the extra heat/stress. Didn't want to go below 4min flights either.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjah413 View Post
His spin 16.3 is running an 8T. My 915 has ran both 9T and 10T. 10T was way too much stress on the ESC and battery. Both where the hottest i've ever felt, and the batt life was worse (flew a 4min pack, but ending voltage was 3.5V as opposed to 3.7V on the 9T). HS was easily over ~8K im assuming. Went back to the 9T as I didn't feel the performance was worth the extra heat/stress. Didn't want to go below 4min flights either.
You think the new code has anything to do with the success?
new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
You think the new code has anything to do with the success?
Honestly no I don't. I ran the motor at 100% throttle befor handing it back to him, therefor the governor ends up being disabled. IMO setup has everything to do with it.

-New O-rings on everything ( from Dudeinmyrtlebeach's thread) including upper and lower swash balls, blade grips behind the pitch links, back of the 3in1 where it mounts to the frame, and harder slightly wider dampners in the hub to remove feathering shaft play.

-Perfect zero pitch at mid stick, clean main gear, balanced main and tail blades (I actually didn't need to do the blades on his bird).

-I also make sure to do full run ups while handholding to make sure I don't feel any vibes whatsoever. If I feel any at all i remove everything but the main gear and main shaft and run up the heli while installing parts 1 by 1 till I isolate something. Works every time!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Perfect! I have had a v2 board and hp05 sitting hear for quit some time now and keep putting it off. I thinks it's time to get my together and do something about it.
new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could anyone point me, where to buy toolstickba with minimal international shipping charge ?
Pridexx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in