Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampaflieger View Post
Hi Folks,
I have the same problem now. I can not get SK720 working with R7008SB and T14SG.

I get 3,1V back from SK720 to receiver like the T14SG telemetrie screen. I tried with a separate 2 wires connection from SK to receiver but it is the same.
=] hi, possibly incompatible? let us know what SK says?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi.

The 3,1V you measured is the normal output for the spektrum satellites, which ports are reused with the adapter for SBus connection. If you get 3,1V with separate connection, then your wiring is not fine. I got 8,4V in telemetry with HV setup...but also SK720 does not recognize the SBus 1 input. So you have two separate issues in connecting your receiver.

Cheers,
Nils

Du bist sicher Olaf, oder? :-)
augur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ja Nils.

This is interesting with the 3,1V on Sat RX. I'm wondering it works with other Futaba S-Bus Receivers. I connected R6208SB without problems. There was the S-Bus cable only between SK720 and R6208SB receiver.
I must use traditional receiver now.
Pampaflieger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

The voltage is a known issue. Some futaba receivers will reboot because of the low voltage, so power should be taken from servo bus directly (cut red wire from SBus Interface).

The SBus 1 connection works fine with VBar and Microbeast. SK720 is the only device with problems, so it should be a SK issue. Perhaps the bus speed is higher than before, because FASSTEST has better latency. Would be interesting to try the hybrid receiver 6308SBT. It is the same like 7008 but with FASST compatibility.

Cheers,
Nils
Old 12-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did another 2 tests today but without success.

1. Cut red wire from SK SBus adapter and connected extra power to transmitter.
2. Started transmitter a first and SK720 as second

There are no changes. I can not get SK720 running with R7008SB SBus connected.

There are 5,1V from my Eneloops on Telemetrie screen now.

With MicroBeast it works fine with SBus.

Regards
Olaf
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

One question to all:

Is anybody using a SK540 or SK720 Black Edition with Futaba R7008SB S-Bus connected?

THX
Olaf
Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You mean "Black" or "Blue" ?
I would be very interested to know if any one can use a "Black Edition".

Quote:
Is anybody using a SK540 or SK720 Black Edition with Futaba R7008SB S-Bus connected?
fr92Furtif is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi.

I got a reply from Robbe today and the only difference in the SBus output is a diffrent frame rate on the SBus, because it is linked to the FASST mode. So it seams that the SK720 does not have a 100% SBus implementation and cannot understand the different frame rate. That should be the best explanation for the issue and also why other FBL systems works really fine with the SBus connection.

So we have to wait for an reply from SK.

Cheers,
Nils
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up good news

Good news. Skookum is working on this issue. I will keep you updated.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the mesagge, they are busy with GPS release. This means it will need a little bit longer to fix the problem.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SBUS Issue

So what were basically saying here is that we can't use the newer fasst est rx's with telemetry ?

I'm currently using 4 R 6203SB receivers 3 using the skookum adapter and 1 servo lead without signal for power on 720's and 1 sk 540 with just servo lead. No problems at all.

However I've just upgraded from a 14mz to a 18mz and have the 7008sb and was going to swap all my rx's over for telemetry.

Looks like I'm staying put for now.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you can use the telemetrie but not with S-BUS. I use traditional receiver with my R7008SB to get telemetrie with my T14SG now. But this is not the solution I like. I can not adjust the tail gain on my receiver now. There are a lot more cables too. I will get a MSH Brain next week and swap to this one instead until the problem is fixed.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SBUS Issue

Not that bothered by it to be honest. I'll reserve the telemetry to my gliders and planes. Just thought it would be nice to use the Opti tach sensor
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes please, let them work on my GPS
Especially that my R7008SB is working...

More seriously, I really hope that they release the GPS quickly so they can move on with what I think are more important things like fixing bug on existing units and releasing the Black Edition.

Quote:
I got the mesagge, they are busy with GPS release. This means it will need a little bit longer to fix the problem.
fr92Furtif is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are right. Bugfixes are not so important than release new hardware.

I got the SK720 running with S-BUS and R7008SB RX. It is working in CH12 Mode only. This is not a good solution for me because there is limited telemetrie possible only. CH12 mode shows RX and batterie voltage only. CH14 mode can display all sensors on my T14SG.

Maybe Skookum will offer a sw fix.

Cheers
Olaf
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr92Furtif View Post
Yes please, let them work on my GPS
Especially that my R7008SB is working...

More seriously, I really hope that they release the GPS quickly so they can move on with what I think are more important things like fixing bug on existing units and releasing the Black Edition.
I sure hope that the 720BE has two-way Sbus capability so we can get direct telemetry on Futaba radios.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
I sure hope that the 720BE has two-way Sbus capability so we can get direct telemetry on Futaba radios.

With the Jeti DS-16 I've ordered, I'll have a JLog2 sending 15 channels of information from my Jive ESC to my Jeti transciever which will broadcast this to my Transmitter completely independent of the PPM signal that sends my transmitter inputs to the SK-720 flybarless controller.

I thought that the Futaba worked in a similar way. Am I missing something?

Given that Skookum is not giving us a way to extract their log information which is stored in a proprietary format, it is very unlikely that they will go to the effort of sending that data out in a way they can't control and then support a number of different telemetry systems.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SBUS Issue

But would be nice for RPM and GPS values to use the data also for telemetry....or show vibration data.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found this on HEliDirect today:
"The SK-SB1 S-Bus adapter allows you to connect a Futaba S-Bus capable receiver directly to the SK720, giving full high-speed digital access to up to 11 channels (requires rev 2.0 firmware for the SK720)."

This means for me, we can not get 14/18 channels support with our Futaba R7008SB?

Cheers
Olaf
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I found this on HEliDirect today:
"The SK-SB1 S-Bus adapter allows you to connect a Futaba S-Bus capable receiver directly to the SK720, giving full high-speed digital access to up to 11 channels (requires rev 2.0 firmware for the SK720)."

This means for me, we can not get 14/18 channels support with our Futaba R7008SB?

Cheers
Olaf
I was curious about this as well with my Jeti.

The Jeti recievers currently support PPM mode, but then only the 8 channels exposed by the SK-720 bus can be used. However I can get away with a $65 R5L that only has 5 physical channels but still sends 8 through PPM and still have full telemetry going back from my JLog2. In fact I could configure a minimum like 6 channels if that is all I need.

The DS-16 can actually bind to TWO recievers simultaneously, so I can have 6 channels going to the first receiver and another 10 going to a completely separate receiver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in