Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So I flew her out today

First time in like, 4 years. I just learnt to hover tail in on my blade 200 srx and WOW! What a world of difference! This heli is so slow to react to changes, and even when i increase my throttle 10%, the tail needs a second to catch up (direct drive tail)

Am I doing something wrong, or is that how this bird acts? I don't remember her being this bad.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is just how they are... very slow response to stick inputs, sorry .
I flew one of mine a couple weeks ago, been almost a year, and after flying mcpx's, a 130x, and a 180CFX, all using very tiny inputs... what an eye opener! my Bee's are CP3 modified and spektrumized. it took me a couple minutes just to get use to being all over the sticks just to get it to do a decent banked turn, lol. after the initial shock... I was ok and went on for an 8 minute flight... probably one of the best flights I ever had with a Bee .
my tail though was rock solid and instant (also direct drive). it is possible after four years that maybe your tail motor just needs to be replaced? the oil in the tail motor bearings may just be a little gel'd up or dry?
Old 04-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The tail motor mount is not fit snugly aparently so I just need to hot glue it so it doesn't have any play. Even if that works, I need a solid second for full stick input to change course

Btw out of those 3, what do you think would be a good first CP? I want to get a nanocpx but i am tempted for the 180cfx smply because of it's amazing performance and also being able to fly in my backyard. Is it that expensive to fix?
Old 04-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
The tail motor mount is not fit snugly aparently so I just need to hot glue it so it doesn't have any play. Even if that works, I need a solid second for full stick input to change course

Btw out of those 3, what do you think would be a good first CP? I want to get a nanocpx but i am tempted for the 180cfx smply because of it's amazing performance and also being able to fly in my backyard. Is it that expensive to fix?
it is hard to say on your Bee tail? I have three, and all of them are solid in the tail with no delays. I would still try a new motor, just to rule it out as a cause .

it really depends on how big your back yard is? an mcpx2 flys great in small and large areas alike and are very easy and cheap to work on, but, it has been discontinued. you can still find parts easy enough though and they are excellent little CP trainers .

I love my 130X, but I would have to say no on it. parts are cheap enough, but working on it is not an easy task in stock form. even completely upgraded with Lynx parts, it is easier, but still not anything I would call simple. with the 130X, gear meshing can be very difficult to get set right and the first time you strip a gear, you gotta do it all over again and there are four gears involved. it has been discontinued as well now.

the 180CFX... AWESOME! completely flyable out of the box and it needs no major upgrades to be a good flyer other than the firmware update which you have to buy a link cable separately for. I have heard now though that any after about Feburary, now have the most current firmware version, but there is no guarantee on that. stock parts are cheap and many come in packs of two. most agree that the bearings are cheap as well as the swashplate, and servo savers are a must with this one, but honestly... it is pretty amazing. I upgraded mine with many Lynx CNC parts, and a few minor Microheli things, but this was by personal preference. other that the tail bearings and swashplate, it doesn't need much. it isn't really a back yard flyer though, and it uses a Castle Talon ESC with governed throttle curves, which I am still learning how this type of set up works, but it is my favorite heli . I suppose if you tone its rates down enough, a decent sized back yard is doable?

the only real downside to the mcpx2, and it isn't really a negative thing, is it is direct drive tail versus variable pitch as with the other two. I only saw it is a downside because the larger heli's are variable pitch and this is what one has to be prepared for. I made the transition very easily though, so it is really only a very minor thing .

hope this helps .
Old 04-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you guys like the size of the bees you should try the oxy 3 . Not bnf it's a kit but it's a gem
Old 04-05-2015, 05:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I heard that it is better to learn on a cp heli with a motor tail or one with a belt as it's harder to break and saves you money. And I would fly it in the park for main stuff just wanted to fly in my backyard for basic stuff. This summer I will move to a new student house with a pretty large backyard.

You really think it's a good buy for a beginner CP compared to the NCPx?

As for crashnorx, that looks pretty sweet. I don't think that is a beginner cp tho
Old 04-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I heard that it is better to learn on a cp heli with a motor tail or one with a belt as it's harder to break and saves you money. And I would fly it in the park for main stuff just wanted to fly in my backyard for basic stuff. This summer I will move to a new student house with a pretty large backyard.

You really think it's a good buy for a beginner CP compared to the NCPx?

As for crashnorx, that looks pretty sweet. I don't think that is a beginner cp tho
im not familiar with the NCPx felix, so cant really give you a comparison of it one way or the other? I can tell you that I have two mcpx2's and I love them. very nice little CP trainers and really cheap to maintain .
Old 04-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should be close enough to the Mcpx but is more durable. Alright, noted!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went from a bee to a 450 clone. I flew it, but was never uncompfortable with it and sold it. Went to an mcpx and learned a ton. Then a 130 X (wonderful heli once you spend $$ and a TON of time learning how to make it work). Also have a 300X as well and it is reliable as a Toyota once I went to decent servos and esc. This was a good transmission for me. Each heli was a challenge as I moved up, but this was a good gradual way to learn.

To be honest, the 130 is still my best flying heli. However at times it is a love - hate relationship.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear the 130x tail issue drives people mad. I thought about the 180x but its as complex as a 450 but damn does it wiz around. I plan on getting a nano cpx after my 200srx
Old 04-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
I went from a bee to a 450 clone. I flew it, but was never uncompfortable with it and sold it. Went to an mcpx and learned a ton. Then a 130 X (wonderful heli once you spend $$ and a TON of time learning how to make it work). Also have a 300X as well and it is reliable as a Toyota once I went to decent servos and esc. This was a good transmission for me. Each heli was a challenge as I moved up, but this was a good gradual way to learn.

To be honest, the 130 is still my best flying heli. However at times it is a love - hate relationship.
+1 to the 130x "love-hate" relationship... but I mostly love mine, I have too as I have a fortune tied up in it, lol . it is an awesome little flyer though... now .

Quote:
I hear the 130x tail issue drives people mad. I thought about the 180x but its as complex as a 450 but damn does it wiz around. I plan on getting a nano cpx after my 200srx
the 130X had a number of difficult points to it. the tail was certainly the weakest link, but the whole front and rear meshing thing was my biggest nightmare with it, and heaven help you if you had to do it more than once, lol.
don't let the features of the 180 CFX scare you off. it really isn't that hard to learn, and they packed in a number of very nice features. yes, there is a learning curve involved with it, but there are a ton of people posting all kinds of help and resource information. oh yes... it will flat out haul the mail .
I have had mine since December, set up completely by the book with no changes in its advanced settings. it was rock solid stock, and it is rock solid with the Lynx upgrades. after the 130X, I was very leery, but I am so glad I got the 180... it is very impressive .
Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my 130x pretty reliable now. Went the full LYNX tail assy/ with servo, extreme cv frame. Deoxit for cleaning the stock servos. and Lynx blades. the lynx double bearing tail is the way to go. rear rt bearing block detaches so tail gear changes are now super easy. MicroHeli metal gears throughout. Heli quality is vastly improved. Flys super smooth! Got to love it.

My 300x is still going through a learning curve. Work load keeps me away from stick time, but it flys better with Lynx slanted main gear, Turnigy servos, Yep esc. Very reliable flyer and Lynx blades.

Will probably get a used 180 eventually. No time for anything larger than a 300 for now.
Happy flying.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
I got my 130x pretty reliable now. Went the full LYNX tail assy/ with servo, extreme cv frame. Deoxit for cleaning the stock servos. and Lynx blades. the lynx double bearing tail is the way to go. rear rt bearing block detaches so tail gear changes are now super easy. MicroHeli metal gears throughout. Heli quality is vastly improved. Flys super smooth! Got to love it.

My 300x is still going through a learning curve. Work load keeps me away from stick time, but it flys better with Lynx slanted main gear, Turnigy servos, Yep esc. Very reliable flyer and Lynx blades.

Will probably get a used 180 eventually. No time for anything larger than a 300 for now.
Happy flying.
I went pretty much full out Lynx on mine, but in retrospect, I think the tail set and TSBR tail boom probably would have been enough? I just hated that two piece separating stock frame so I did the Lynx. today, I was glad I did any frame but the stock one, lol. the pinion on the MH 7500Kv motor finally spun loose in flight . being able to get to everything easily was well worth the cost of the frame, any frame other than the stock one, lol. no damage, I got lucky, so hopefully it will still fly as perfect as it did before this.

i was very nervous about the 180, but realized very quickly that Blade finally cranked out a winner .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in