Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cellpro 10S Charger

I am pleased to introduce myself to all the readers and contributors of HeliFreak. My name is Howard Matos and I serve as the production supervisor and chief technician for FMA Direct. To better serve the needs of FMA’s customers, we have made a decision to take an active role in responding to questions and comments within this forum about the Cellpro 10S charger. I appreciate the efforts of those in this forum, and others, to improve the performance and features of the Cellpro 10S to this point. Your contributions have proven invaluable and FMA does listen to you.

Every effort will be made to answer all questions posed in this forum. Please understand that I work full time for FMA Direct and as such, will not be monitoring this thread 24/7. You do have my commitment to get back with you as soon as possible with answers to all your comments and questions. I have direct access to the engineers at FMA who designed the Cellpro 10S charger, so no reasonable question is beyond the scope of knowledge available here at FMA’s offices in Frederick, Maryland.

I have spoken with many of you on the phone or via e-mail. Like you, I am an avid hobbyist with over twenty years experience flying both fixed wing R/C airplanes and R/C helicopters. This is an exciting new venture for me and for FMA. I look forward to meeting all of you and helping in any way I can.

The Cellpro 10S and all accessories are now in stock in good quantities at FMA.
Howard Matos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome on this forum Howard,
I am a new user of your Cellpro 10S since two weeks and I love it.
Vortex VX1N
jacquesjb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,

Thank you for the greeting. I am actually a long time member of this forum, now I'm answering questions for work. Let me know if you have any questions,
Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

only one question, when is the 12s coming out? I'm flying only the t-rex 500 these days it would be nice to be able to balance charge 2 6s packs at once...

-Chris
Old 09-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

:glasses2:
Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, a DUO version of this charger would be da bomb!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cellpro

Put me down for the new cellpro 12s Duo!! Wouldn't that be wonderful? I am considering flying a 12s machine in the future, so a 12s duo would be fantastic.

You said FMA would be listening...we will hold you to that.

Tyler
Tyler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Howard!

I have a question.

My 10s charger seems to be very touchy when it comes to charging two packs at once. Every now and again I get a "incorrect cell count" error on my 2nd channel. If I switch the packs so that the one on channel 1 is now on channel 2 and vice versa the charger then chargers properly. I am on firmware 2.18 and the problem always occurs on channel 2.

Thoughts?
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Put me down for the new cellpro 12s Duo!! Wouldn't that be wonderful? I am considering flying a 12s machine in the future, so a 12s duo would be fantastic.

You said FMA would be listening...we will hold you to that.

Tyler
Hi,

We are listening and we hear you loud and clear!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrim80 View Post
Thanks Howard!

I have a question.

My 10s charger seems to be very touchy when it comes to charging two packs at once. Every now and again I get a "incorrect cell count" error on my 2nd channel. If I switch the packs so that the one on channel 1 is now on channel 2 and vice versa the charger then chargers properly. I am on firmware 2.18 and the problem always occurs on channel 2.

Thoughts?
Hi,

Check all node connections. Make sure they are clean and not corroded. You can take some contact cleaner and clean the inputs on the charger. Also, you can take a t-pin and gently push the pins together (on the battery node connector) to make sure all the pins are tight. If you are not getting a correct cell count, this is normally caused by a bad connection. Are you using any adapters? You want to check these connections also. Let me know how you make out.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Hi,

Check all node connections. Make sure they are clean and not corroded. You can take some contact cleaner and clean the inputs on the charger. Also, you can take a t-pin and gently push the pins together (on the battery node connector) to make sure all the pins are tight. If you are not getting a correct cell count, this is normally caused by a bad connection. Are you using any adapters? You want to check these connections also. Let me know how you make out.
Yes, I'm using your 5s adapters. Funny thing is I plug and unplug adapters often, and they arent guaranteed to be plugged back into the same channel each time. How would a loose connection explain the fact that it is always channel 2 detecting an invalid cell count?

I'll have to keep an eye on it by labelling the adapters and taking note as to which is plugged into where when the problem occurs.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

That is what I was trying to pin point. Is the problem following the adapter or always on channel 2 reguardless of the adapter or pack. From your information, I think we should take a look at the charger.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Hi,

That is what I was trying to pin point. Is the problem following the adapter or always on channel 2 reguardless of the adapter or pack. From your information, I think we should take a look at the charger.
Its not often persay. Maybe once in 10 or 15 charges. Just often enough to notice it but not often enough to TAKE notice haha. I'll try and keep a better eye on it.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Default charger info

Looking to buy the 10s but have a question. I will by flying 3 4000mah 3s packs to make a 9s pack.

Is there a way to charge the 3 of them at once?
Or will I only be able to charge 2 at a time?

Thank in Advance
ô¿ô
A LOST richie
toto_calling is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Howard, I have software issue. On my XP laptop after it downloads the 2.0 NET framework it comes up with a file called CHG10S.exe When I click on this file I get a cannot start application problem. It tells me the application is missing files and to contact the vendor.

I have tried everything to no avail. How do I get it to work as I would like to monitor my software also upgrade the firmware but can't at this point.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07 View Post
Hi Howard, I have software issue. On my XP laptop after it downloads the 2.0 NET framework it comes up with a file called CHG10S.exe When I click on this file I get a cannot start application problem. It tells me the application is missing files and to contact the vendor.

I have tried everything to no avail. How do I get it to work as I would like to monitor my software also upgrade the firmware but can't at this point.
Are you up to date on your windows updates? Check for .net updates on www.windowsupdate.com. Then try uninstalling the charge software and redownloading it.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toto_calling View Post
Looking to buy the 10s but have a question. I will by flying 3 4000mah 3s packs to make a 9s pack.

Thank in Advance
ô¿ô
A LOST richie
2 at once only. And thats only if the two packs equal less than 10s. 5s + 5s= 10s.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I managed to sort it out and get it running, BUT it sucks that you have to be connected to the internet to use it. I don't always charge at home or close to an internet connection so this feature should be wiped out and only need to connect when you want to update.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toto_calling View Post

Thank in Advance
ô¿ô
A LOST richie
Hi,

It can only do two at a time. You will just have to get two chargers.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I am leaving for the NEAT fair in the morning, I will be back next Tuesday. I will see you then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in