Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default LOGO XXTREME

What size is this and how much will it cost, and who is the target market, i.e Newbees, pros?
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "What size is this..."
A: It's a 14+ pound, 800mm blade disc size, 5 foot long (tail shaft to nose of canopy), "big" heli.

Q: "...how much will it cost..."
A: No price yet from Mikado, but it's possible the model's mechanics will be sold with motor, ESC, blades (main and tails), and V-Bar all bundled together, so... "not cheap".

Q: "...target market,..."
A: It is definitely not a newbee's heli, just like any other large electric heli would probably not be a wise choice for a beginner. The target audience I think are those pilots who know the cost and experience it takes to operate a large electric heli successfully, and have already acquired good flying skills.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

How high will it fly?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
How high will it fly?
^^^^^ haha ...yeah Dave how high will it go?
sniper_iron_man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave... Don't answer. Didn't mean to set someone in your position up
Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

All in fun (-:

BTW...it goes "really, really high".

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Along with how fast, what's the radio's reach, how much does it cost, and the funniest, can I give it a go? hahahaha you know, the usual.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately, in light of recent media events, I'm going to start answering like I read another dude does: "The FBI directed me to contact them when some asks questions like these."

No kidding, we had homeland defense at our field recently questioning us about a guy that flies VERY well, but happens to have moved from India when he was a kid. Great pilot, picked up by Team Youngblood recently, and also an ER Doc. Someone reported him as "flying a suspicious helicopter".

If they start banning RC products, I hope to hell they take away cars, guns, fertilizer, and cell phones too since each of these are actually used consistently by terrorists. We have yet to see an RC product used, that I know of.

It's funny what people pay attention to. 200-250 people die every day due to medical malpractice (Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences), but where's the outrage? If one plane with 100 people were to crash, people would talk about it for 20 years. One guy has some firecrackers strapped to an RC plane and it's all over the national media.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It (Lofo XX) will be flown in a week at an event by a nearby LHS... great, can't wait to see it
-Klaus
Old 09-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If they start banning RC products, I hope to hell they take away cars, guns, fertilizer, and cell phones too since each of these are actually used consistently by terrorists. We have yet to see an RC product used, that I know of.

be careful what you wish for, this was on the news yesterday..
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/28/us/mas...html?hpt=hp_t2
Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I was referencing.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
Q: "...how much will it cost..."
A: No price yet from Mikado, but it's possible the model's mechanics will be sold with motor, ESC, blades (main and tails), and V-Bar all bundled together, so... "not cheap"............
man you got no idea how long I have been looking forward to this heli, but if this happens I will not buy it, I was planning on coming over from my 700e, all ready got a v bar, all ready got a 5035 I am going to re wind, all ready got some blades ( plus I down right hate edge blades).
So ya this right here kills me as I was honestly looking to replace my 700e with my first logo.

I know you don't want the thing to seem like a dog when some body throws a 12s power system in their but that's no reason to go about bundling your own stuff plus I was honestly looking at going back to the SK720 for FBL
Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Edit: never mind, removed.

Last edited by SLATYE; 10-01-2011 at 11:30 PM..
SLATYE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll probably still buy it if it comes with all that stuff, but I'd much prefer not to.

ESC/motor: for acrobatics in the US, the 14S + 380KV combination is probably perfect. Otherwise they wouldn't be using it in all the demos. However, it has already been mentioned that the Xxtreme would make an excellent AP platform, and a 12S LiPo combined with a smaller motor and ESC would most likely be fine for that. On the other hand, in Australia anything up to 120V DC (28S) is considered "Extra Low Voltage"; as a result Australian users might decide that 15S (5x 3S), 16S (2x 8S), or 18S (3x 6S) is more suitable. This would require replacing the stock 14S ESC and motor, which together cost over $800.

FBL controller: most of the long-term Mikado users probably have a Vbar already and don't need another one with the Xxtreme. New Mikado users may well have another FBL system that they're comfortable with (Align, BeastX, Skookum, etc) and don't see any need to change.

Blades: there's already debate over what the best blades are (753mm or 803mm). I'm sure that as soon as it's released, someone will try to stretch it and fit 900mm blades. Why supply blades that may well be completely unsuitable for the end user?

We can, of course, just sell off the extra components - but it'd be a lot easier if we didn't have to buy them in the first place.
SLATYE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
man you got no idea how long I have been looking forward to this heli
You want to make a bet? I've been copping stick over this heli for 18 months at my club.

I don't want a combo either. I want a Kontronik motor and an ESC that can do more than 14S. Hopefully Kontronik delivers on that too with their Kosmik ESC. No details on that other than 160A and 200A flavours from the toy fair way back in February.
Jays200 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in