Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Batteries with XT-60 connectors

Are there some good 3S battery options pre-soldered with XT-60 connectors?

I bought my 300X used and the last owner converted the connectors. I like them, but I've never used a soldering iron. Needless to say, getting extra batteries and putting the right connectors on myself is out of the question. The closest I've found to stock are these:

http://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-1300m...tery-xt60.html

It's not a brand I've really seen talked about, and the idea of having less capacity than the stock batteries isn't encouraging with already short flight times. I've found a few others, but in the 2200+mAh range, so not sure how bad it'd affect CG being that much bigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turnigy nano-tech lipos and the turnigy blue lipos come with xt60 connectors......from hobbyking.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20423

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep nano-tech and regular light blue Turnigy from HobbyKing. They and xt60 are popular that's probably why previous owner switched. And you can still plug in ec3 battery into xt60.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

I've used Lumenier batteries on a couple of my multirotors and they're pretty decent. Easily on par with Pulse, Glacier, Nanotech, etc. I'd expect the ones you listed to be fairly decent. Lumenier is basically the house brand of GetFPV.com, but they're probably made in the same factories as some of the others.

But I'd also add that if you plan to be in this hobby for the long term it's time to learn how to solder. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the convenience of getting batteries pre-soldered with whichever connector I'm using, but that's not always possible. Sometimes you might find a great deal on packs that either have different connectors or no connectors at all, so it's good to know how to do it. In the spectrum of difficulty, soldering on XT60 connectors is pretty easy. That, and there are a gazillion other reasons why you might want to solder something for RC.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against soldering all together. Progress in the hobby is slow for me simply because of all there is to buy to have an adequate setup (not to mention the space to put it all!). Soldering will come in time, but I only have a couple batteries, so having two or three more would help a lot and my next "improvement," so to speak.

I've watched a video on soldering the connectors, and it does look on the easier side of the scale...except for the whole working with live power wires deal. Not exactly an ideal learning tool. Lol
Old 06-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
except for the whole working with live power wires deal. Not exactly an ideal learning tool. Lol
The safest way is to cut/desolder one lead then solder it into new connector all done before starting to work on the other lead.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've watched a video on soldering the connectors, and it does look on the easier side of the scale...except for the whole working with live power wires deal. Not exactly an ideal learning tool. Lol
I'd worry more about the quality of the soldering over the risk of shorting during soldering, managing the risk of shorting is easy like DCH said

You should practice soldering motor and battery connections even if you get pre-soldered xt-60, you will have to sooner or later and poor soldering may cost a crash. Nano-techs works fine, mine have started to puff a bit, but only after I started pushing above 4000rpm...
Old 06-21-2015, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the battery suggestion. Like I said, I'll eventually learn to solder, but that doesn't help me now and I don't do much more than hover and work on orientations. So repairs are next to zero and so are electrical part changes. Getting the extra pre-soldered batteries we'll help me get to that next level.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the battery suggestion. Like I said, I'll eventually learn to solder, but that doesn't help me now and I don't do much more than hover and work on orientations. So repairs are next to zero and so are electrical part changes. Getting the extra pre-soldered batteries we'll help me get to that next level.
Nothing wrong with getting stuff that don't need to be modified to fit
Old 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the best benefits to the RC hobby are the skills you pick up because of it.

Learn to solder,it will enrich your life.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in