Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300CFX

300CFX Blade 300CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayres View Post
Yeah, I just found the Lynx parts. They sell an entirely new tail assembly which is interesting. Not sure if just the tail case alone would work properly with the rest of the standard blade plastic part on the tail piece.

CA
I got my lynx tail assembly from Amain they have coupons so you can save 15 on the whole deal.
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude!!! You are my hero. Been having a heck of a time getting my mind wrapped around this. Thanks for explaining this in a way I can understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
There always seems to be confusion with this step so lets clarify again. First thing you should do is go read the Bx manual for setup menu G a couple times.

You do not attach your horns with the Bx in its regular flight mode ready state (blue light on), by using your throttle stick at 50%. This is incorrect, as there have been subtrims added in setup menu G for the previous servos on the heli that you are replacing.

To center your servos:

1) plug them into AIL/ELEV/PIT channels on the Bx
2) Go to setup menu G (solid orange light)

- Once you enter Menu G you will notice one of two things:
A) Either there will be no light displayed on the Beastx or
B) The Beastx will have a red, purple, or blue light

You want to be in the mode with NO light displayed. This is the servo center "reference" position (please read the manual for setup menu G and you will understand). This menu brings the servos to their perfect center position, with zero subtrim in the beastx. The collective stick is not active here. Notice you can move your collective up and down and the servos don't move. This menu will freeze them in their perfect 50/50 center position. No need to mess with the collective.

You can NOW attach your horns as close to 90 as you can for all 3 servos. It is ok if they are not perfect 90. That comes next. Just play around with the horn a bit and get it as close as you can.

3) Now its time to subtrim the servos - Still in setup men G.

Notice by using the rudder stick you can select the servo to be subtrimmed. Each time you scroll over the beastx will illuminate a different color and one of the 3 servos will "twitch", telling you that its the servo selected to be trimmed. Keep scrolling and you'll cycle through all the servos and the reference position (no light on beastx) as many times as you want. There is no time limit for this menu so take all the time you need.

Important note: This may get a little confusing but try to stay with me here. You may notice that once selected a servo to be trimmed, the horn will suddenly go way off 90 from where you initially installed it (during the reference position step - no light on beastx). You might ask yourself why its doing that. This is ok. Someone had to subtrim the servos that were on the heli prior. So the Beastx remembers that programming and this step must be redone every time you put new servos on the heli.

.....Ok back to it. So with a servo selected, simply use your Elevator control to 90 the servo once again. You have now added subtrim. So we mechanically set 90 when we installed the horn. Now we have programmed subtrim to fine tune that if needed. Our servo horn should now be perfect 90. Notice now if you switch between this servo and the reference position (no light on beastx), the servo horn will barely move if at all. This denotes that you have done this step correctly.

Ok, so thats one servo down. Rinse and repeat for the other two. Use the rudder stick to scroll over to them and then use the ELEV control to add subtrim if needed to 90 them. BTW its nice to have a right angle ruler to give your eyes some frame of reference. Eye-balling these tiny servos isn't ideal.

Once you have done all three servos, you can simply press the button on the beastx and move on to the next menu or exit setup. You can now install the servos into the helicopter.

When you are ready to level your swash, you will also use Setup menu G. It sends your servos to perfect 50/50 remember?

VERY important note: when leveling your swash in menu G, make sure you have one of the servos selected. Doesn't matter which one- as long as there is a light illuminated on the beastx. What you want to avoid is leveling your swash in the reference position (no light). This is only used for attaching your horns and does not take into account the subtrim you've added remember? So be sure to check that.

Cheers.

Here is a video as well on how to do it. Don't pay attention to the laser part thats not important.
Microbeast V3 Step G. Setting the Servos to Center and Leveling the Swashplate - YouTube
Old 10-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchristman View Post
Dude!!! You are my hero. Been having a heck of a time getting my mind wrapped around this. Thanks for explaining this in a way I can understand this.

OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
There always seems to be confusion with this step so lets clarify again. First thing you should do is...
Cheers.
This clear, concise, accurate and thorough description of proper BX setup is excellent and was very helpful to me. Thank you!

Update: I just downloaded and watched your complete YouTube series on the BX V3. All I can say is Wow! (and Thanks again!)
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
This clear, concise, accurate and thorough description of proper BX setup is excellent and was very helpful to me. Thank you!

Update: I just downloaded and watched your complete YouTube series on the BX V3. All I can say is Wow! (and Thanks again!)
That's not me that's Ron Lund on youtube. I just referenced his vid to compliment what I said. Thanks though!
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

For extra credit try Setup G on an Align 450 DFC, where the level swash and zero pitch has to be achieved just with the 3 swash links. Its fun for the whole family.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in