Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Soko has done it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
Using a leveling table has nothing to do with the swash plate configuration. The table is used to get the main shaft at a absolute vertical position, which is a 4 point measurement. Then you get the swash level, set pitch with the Soko and adjust the linkages to do so.
Yes, but it makes the spirit level part easier
X5 - 550
TBur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
Using a leveling table has nothing to do with the swash plate configuration. The table is used to get the main shaft at a absolute vertical position, which is a 4 point measurement. Then you get the swash level, set pitch with the Soko and adjust the linkages to do so.
Yes, spirit level only. I suppose one could measure as many points as you want. I just use three as it's easy to reference them repeatedly by using the three links on the swash Then adjusting the corresponding table leg. I would think if you get 0 on these three positions it should read zero in any position.
X5 - 550
TBur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you find it fairly easy setting the main shaft at vertical with only 3 adjustments?
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys!

Great you like the videos - put some thought in it to make it as short, clear and multilangual as possible

@nick: great you sorted it out. if you calculate the target angle in with facing to the two other sides it would be the same

About the leveling table:
I think it is personal preference and also depends on the size of the table. Here are my 2 cents:
- If the size of the table is not (much) bigger than the area of the heli skids 3 legs can be unstable. 4 legs are always stable as long as they are out of the skid area.
- With 3 legs you cant get a wobbeling table
- Its hard to tilt the heli just to the left or right when using 3 legs

Soko
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

The first video was very well done. Kudos!

It conveyed a lot of information very quickly.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
- Its hard to tilt the heli just to the left or right when using 3 legs

Soko
Heck, I just take a turn off one side and add an equal turn on the other. Table tilted. The single on the other end gives me the fore aft lean angle fairly quickly. The larger the table the more stable they are! The only time I have ever had an issue was when I leaned against it standing up one time. That almost got real ugly in a hurry....
Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@mkovalcson: thx man!
@luvmyhelis: u r right of course if you do the same amount of change to both legs just the opposite direction u get a pure left/right tilt.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having set up all my helis with the soko tool now, I can safely say it's pretty awesome. Much easier (and faster!) than fiddling with a pitch gauge on the blades.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

My new levelling table,

Thanks to Luvmyhelis and Soko for the ideas and help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	483718  
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

looks great! I love your "added" feature: THE handle
Old 02-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Soko doesn't seem to fit my Blade 500X

Ok, first off, I'm pretty much brand new to CP helis. Only other one I've flown, and not much, is the McpxBL. But, I got a new Blade 500X at a good price so I bought one. It'll be a while before I attempt to fly it, but I wanted to make sure it was all good to go, so I bought the Soko tool after some research. I've not even mounted my blades yet, but wanted to try out the tool. Problem is, the Helical doesn't seem to fit. The blade screws fit in the 550 holes, not the 500 hole, but the helical only fits between the blade holders at the 500 size. I noticed someone else earlier in this thread said he's used it on a 500X, so I'm really confused. I sent an email to Soko (probably the same guy that seems to be reading this thread), but it's Sunday there, and don't really expect any response. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or if I'm just having a brain fade.
Thanks,
Jim
jimbes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbes View Post
Ok, first off, I'm pretty much brand new to CP helis. Only other one I've flown, and not much, is the McpxBL. But, I got a new Blade 500X at a good price so I bought one. It'll be a while before I attempt to fly it, but I wanted to make sure it was all good to go, so I bought the Soko tool after some research. I've not even mounted my blades yet, but wanted to try out the tool. Problem is, the Helical doesn't seem to fit. The blade screws fit in the 550 holes, not the 500 hole, but the helical only fits between the blade holders at the 500 size. I noticed someone else earlier in this thread said he's used it on a 500X, so I'm really confused. I sent an email to Soko (probably the same guy that seems to be reading this thread), but it's Sunday there, and don't really expect any response. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or if I'm just having a brain fade.
Thanks,
Jim
Sounds like the 500X uses thicker blade bolts than a typical 500. You'll probably have to find some thinner screws for mounting the soko tool, you should be able to pick up something that'll work at your local hardware store for a buck or two. Just take the helical with you and find a screw that fits, plus a nut for it.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used it on my 500x and I had to go to my hardware store and get some bolts that would fit properly. It's a Blade thing I think, in using non-standard sized grip bolts.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

in the first vid where he is leveling the swash. Is he making the adjustments in his radio trim? Is that the right way? Seems you bump a trim now you lost your level. Why not adjust the links?
maskale is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale View Post
in the first vid where he is leveling the swash. Is he making the adjustments in his radio trim? Is that the right way? Seems you bump a trim now you lost your level. Why not adjust the links?
It depends how far off you are. If you aren't using turnbuckle links to the swash, "level" can be between turns so the only way to get level is to adjust the trim. How you do this depends on your fbl unit. Same thing for leveling at the travel endpoints - the only option you have there is electronic adjustments.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just got a smaller bolt/nut combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
I used it on my 500x and I had to go to my hardware store and get some bolts that would fit properly. It's a Blade thing I think, in using non-standard sized grip bolts.
Let me make sure to give credit to Andi from Soko. He replied to me within minutes of me sending him a message. Right after I posted here, I realized I could simply try to use a smaller bolt and nut. Surprisingly, I actually couldn't find anything at home, so a quick trip to Home Depot and I'm all set. You guys who responded are right. It's a Blade thing, as Andi pointed out also. I did try to see how well my heli was set up straight out of the box, but only got about 1/2 way through. Still learning terminology and trying to figure it all out.

Thanks for the replies!
Jim
jimbes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys,

Great you are sorted jimbes and maskale.
And a big thx to smwht & johnsma22 for the great answers

Soko
Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 AM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how embarrassing!

I used my Soko yesterday to tune up my Protos 500 and Compass 6HV. What a difference this made! I am embarrassed how poor my previous attempts to level everything must have been! Absolutely stunning flights today, and very noticeable what a difference spending some time (and using proper tools) can make.

I'm sure that there are people that can do a great job without needing a Soko, however for me, its certainly been a great way to do a proper job.

btw, the Soko user manual puts every other manual that I have seen in the heli world to shame. Sets the standard for how user manuals (and support videos) should be developed. Nice one.
boltor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, another new build done using the Soko system. And man I am glad I had the leveling platform under it. Just look at the severe rake of the skids on this one. Got it level side to side and the head perfectly straight up and down in just a few minutes. Tonight however my gauge was sticking on me, no biggie. It still worked like a charm...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08399.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	487430   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08402.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	487431   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08400.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	487432   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08403.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	487433  
Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also just did a full setup on my compass 5.5...I.m very impressed with the SOKO.As said the manual was excellent.This is the first time i feel my heli is near perfectly set up.I,s also a breeze to use.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in