Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Some build questions

Been a while since I put a Nitro together. Heli is almost complete. Today I got new gaui servo horns with 18mm holes, the geometry is much better now. I also rigged the throttle in the AR7200bx. Closest I could get to 100/100 was 99/97, guess thats about close enough without binding on the throttle servo. Now heres my delima...

I am using a DX7 along with the AR7200Bx and an Align Governor. I am going to get the heli running on throttle curves for now BUT I have the Gov installed. I have no clue how to wire this Governor or how to program it with a DX7. I did some searching around on YT but didnt find much except for some high pitched guy yapping about how Tareq showed him how to program the gov, lmao. Anyways, any help setting up the gov would be great. I have Aux2 and Aux3 available in the BX. I'm guessing Aux2, then control the Gov on the Aux 2 switch like I had my 7100R along time ago. Am I close?

- Also, have things changed with regard to sealing mufflers to the engine? I heard talk of using a tiny smear of JB weld to seal it. I hate leaky mufflers and am not a fan of using red RTV. It always seems to break down after a while. The Hatori gasket seems fine, but I'm not sure how well paper gaskets work. They never held up good in the past.
- Oh, I'm guessing 13/13 on the collective pitch???
- This is going to be running on the stock pinion. Guessing around 2700 once the motor is broke-in?

Thanks.
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default got the gov working, now...?

ok, gave it some thought and proceeded like it was a 7100R gov and my trusty DX7.

- I set my Aux2 to Aux2 and Gear to Gear in the input select menu.
- Now tail gyro gain is on the gear channel and is controlled by the Gear ATVS-check!
- plugged in the throttle servo into the Align Gov and the Gov Gain lead into Aux2.
- Aux2 ATVs now control the Gov. +100 Gov is OFF / -100 Gov is ON(depending on how your AUX2 channel is in the reverse menu).
- For now, I want the Gov off to run curves, so I set my Aux2 ATVs to +100 and 0. Now its off until I want to use it.
- Gov magnet pulses the green light when I rotate the engine as it should.

NOW that I got it working - How the heck to I program it LOL ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in