Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HH BL upgrade.. should I?

I have a new in package HH BL upgrade kit for my nCP X. Is it a decent kit? Anything else needed like tail mods? Any harder on batteries? Any recommended battery?

Thanks for any advice.
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suspect most would recomend to go with the HH Brushless and it is definately a decent motor/esc, however couple of things to be aware of:- Definately harder on Batts (you will need good 45C min batts and they dont last very long even when looked after, i.e only charge at 1-2C and not running lower than 20% capacity after flight), your tail motor will need to be in good shape or you will be chasing tail issues, the added weight of the motor/esc certainly add to the inertia of the little bird and whilst the power is awesome the added weight does make crashes more likely to break things and harder to keep the speed down.

IMO a better option is the MMW replacement motor (https://micro-motor-warehouse.com/co...cts/cl-8020-14), I have well over 1000 flights on my nano's and only run these motors now (I guess I would average 200 flights per motor so far).
burbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Excellent info. Thanks. I assume this motor an upgrade over stock. Possibly higher head speed (by the description)? Same rules apply for batteries?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I don't really agree. I'm into approx 15 MMW motors, and I've not been very lucky. Lots of weak ones and they're all short lived (10-20 flights, like the stock ones). It looked very good in the beginning, but now I can't really vouch for them.

I have lots of experience with brushless upgrades though (not HH), and they work really well. However you'd rather have a lamp with magnifying glass, steady hands and a good soldering station. Very rewarding though when you are able to do it

It's a crying shame we can't have 100% good & lasting MMW motors - that'd make the Nano the perfect Micro really.

Batteries: MyLipo 205 mAh - just awesome and the best there is!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any leads on where mylipo.de 205mAh batteries are in stock?
Old 06-13-2016, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Well, I don't really agree. I'm into approx 15 MMW motors, and I've not been very lucky.:
To go through 15 motors would make one question their worth.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it but I I currently (have been tweaking it over a long period) run a pretty tame 75,62,50,62,75 TC and swap between my Cps & Cpx each flight to let them cool down?

Not really into huge pitch pumps and have been lately (probably the last few hundred flights), just been practicing inverted circuits.

To the OP, IMO would say the increase in performance of the MMW is 15-30% more power and with the Eflight 150Mah 45C @ 3:30min the batts come down at 20-25% left.
Realflight 7.5 Sim & My other passion is DLG's
burbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, it seems to me like the "pre production" batch was much better, I was very happy with those. After 2-3 packs they were quite powerful, but it didn't take more than 10-20 flights until they lost performance. These never die fully like the stock brushed motors. All I have bought after that have been duds more or less.

I don't let it cool down, but up here in Norway temps are never a problem More the other way around.

Just put in another new MMW motor yesterday, flies like crap. No power at all and yet it drains so much that the tail blows out.

But each to their own, several guys report the same as you so it seems a bit random. And if you're lucky you get a good motor that lasts 200 packs...

Working on inverted circuits here too! Got forward inverted pretty much nailed, still working on backwards - hard to make'em smooth!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

In stock at Micro Motor Warehouse. This is the only place in the US to get them, AFAIK.

https://micro-motor-warehouse.com/co.../mylipo-205mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Any leads on where mylipo.de 205mAh batteries are in stock?
heli227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2016, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You rock! Thanks so much!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

While back I put a HH bl upgrade on my cpx. Took me about two weeks of flying everyday and it had less power than the brushed motor.

Threw it in the trash and used brushed motors from there forward. Upgrades on micros are a waste, if it doesn't cut it for your flying anymore then step up to something better instead of trying to make a little toy something it can never be.

Accept them for what they are and you'll love your micro, they're great learning tools. Throw $$ trying to make them fly like a 450 and you just entered the infamous rabbit hole. My 2 pesos

Get a 180 or 230 and it will show you just how crappy nanos fly and you'll never look back.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
While back I put a HH bl upgrade on my cpx. Took me about two weeks of flying everyday and it had less power than the brushed motor.

Threw it in the trash and used brushed motors from there forward. Upgrades on micros are a waste, if it doesn't cut it for your flying anymore then step up to something better instead of trying to make a little toy something it can never be.

Accept them for what they are and you'll love your micro, they're great learning tools. Throw $$ trying to make them fly like a 450 and you just entered the infamous rabbit hole. My 2 pesos

Get a 180 or 230 and it will show you just how crappy nanos fly and you'll never look back.
After market upgrades like the mild or wild brushless kits are the best options of the nano. The HH upgrade is trash, IMHO.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
After market upgrades like the mild or wild brushless kits are the best options of the nano. The HH upgrade is trash, IMHO.
+1 get the Wild
Old 09-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had no problems with my HH bl upgrade, the plug and play solution isn't very efficient though. Direct soldering is the only way to make this upgrade work, there is too much resistance with the connectors and small wire. I don't have any experience with aftermarket kits nor the stock motor, I bought this heli already upgraded but I had to solder and it made a big difference.

I'm using the 150 45C batteries and I'm about to increase the battery and esc wire size to 22awg and install micro deans connectors.
j.harris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in