Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry it's like the ying and yang, good and bad.....and it's

eating my bench stock up! I'm talking about my SR 1, SR2 has become quite the
flier! Smooth, goes where I point it.....just silk! It used to be the bad Apple, but many many
hours of adjust this or that and patients has paid off.

SR1 used to be the Apple of my eye, but servo gears bent tails rubbing belts, and now twitchy
electric tail motor, and now, continued binding issues plague this little &£®%!

I do have a question though, would a jammed up servo cause binding issues???
The binding issues started right after this servo took a major jam up after some
teeth decided to give out on it.
Rodney.
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you replace the gears ? if so, are you sure there is no remains of the broken gears still inside the case causing bind ?
altransam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

[QUOTE=altransam;6064817]Did you replace the gears ? if so, are you sure there is no remains of the broken gears still inside the case causing bind ?[/QUOTE

I took it apart it was locked up solid!
Took it out and replaced it, binds works like a charm now!
Took the old one apart had two gears broken teeth, I suspect one gear had a crack,
Broke a tooth, then broke the other one....now I have to redo that one with my last
gear set. But I have 2-3 spare servo's in stock.
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad it is now working

Have 2 SR, one stock and one with Freestyle belt mod, after all the tinkering, they both work fine; took me awhile to figure out that, most my issues came from the stock swash, after changing to metal one, helis have now a predictable behavior in flight
altransam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by altransam View Post
Glad it is now working

Have 2 SR, one stock and one with Freestyle belt mod, after all the tinkering, they both work fine; took me awhile to figure out that, most my issues came from the stock swash, after changing to metal one, helis have now a predictable behavior in flight
SR1 had the belt mod, it flew so nice, then I clipped the blades coming in nose in, broke
a grip, blade smacked the tail, bent tail, knocked tail servo off.
After repairing I could not get it to work right for some reason. Had an issue with something
rubbing somewhere, (I think one of the pulley guides were rubbing on the main gear, couldn't
Get it straightened out, so I put electric motor back on it.

SR2 I bought used, it was in terrible shape, 2 servos stripped, all out of alignment
On the swash and set up, receiver was beat up missing half its casing....but it had
all metal head components. After picking up a new receiver for 10 bucks, rebuilding
servos and tweaking it, it's now a very nice stable Bird!

Both are bound to my DX6i, (just love that TX too, makes a big difference in how those
SR's fly) it just kills me SR 1 was flying so damn good till I dumb thumbed it that day...:-(
I plan on putting the belt back on sometime soon though, but I have been just putting it
off because I want to start with a different frame (have one in my bench stock)
But just dreading taking all that stuff off, and starting over like that.

Oh by the way, if you have a DX6i and have your SR's bound to it, how do you adjust
Your tail with it? Do you use the pot on gyro, or settings on DX6? My settings seem not
To make a difference with settings on tail with DX6i, I use the gyro pot to adjust the
Tail on em.
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I know my post won't be any help answering your question but....

I have it bound to my DX6i and I set it up initially and have never adjusted the gyro. the most I've done is adjusted the output of the ESC a bit to cut out the zz zz zz...

I noticed I needed to adjust it again prior to slamming it in the ground two days ago..oh well, I will make adjustments when parts arrive next week.

Why do you need to adjust it? I recall adjusting the ESC initially and then adjusted the gyro to get it set then plugged in the yellow wire and set the settings in my transmitter based on what I found online as settings. I have never had problems with the gyro to worry about it..
Old 09-07-2014, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthompson View Post
Well I know my post won't be any help answering your question but....

I have it bound to my DX6i and I set it up initially and have never adjusted the gyro. the most I've done is adjusted the output of the ESC a bit to cut out the zz zz zz...

I noticed I needed to adjust it again prior to slamming it in the ground two days ago..oh well, I will make adjustments when parts arrive next week.

Why do you need to adjust it? I recall adjusting the ESC initially and then adjusted the gyro to get it set then plugged in the yellow wire and set the settings in my transmitter based on what I found online as settings. I have never had problems with the gyro to worry about it..
My tail motor, was really twitchy and drifty, I would have to constantly give it left stick just
to hover the thing when I first set it up on the DX6i. adjustments on the DX6i seemed to not make much difference, yellow pluged in or not. But even when the yellow was pluged in
I'd still have to do my adjustments by the pot on the gyro.

I'd love to be able to adjust it with my radio, its really a pain to get glasses for that tiny
screw on the pot, that I need readers to see....lol

I have SR 2 pretty smooth right now with minimal tail input, but SR 1 is still misbehaving
on me with a slide to the right or nose left just in a hover, flying the thing I have to stay
quick on the tail.
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the black sheep, SR 1continues its rowdy ways....Took SR 2 up, smooth and nice.
Decided to take SR1 up, wild unpredictable ¡%®©&! Again broken blade grip!
It was breezy, but only winds gusting to around 10mph, but that beast takes off left and
Lifting up, bring her back, she comes fast, correct back left, lifts up blows into the wind,
Turn it around, nose in, it tries to nose dive, bring nose up, goes hard left (or right coming toward me) can't catch it in time clips blade breaks blade grip, bent tail boom....

I reckon I need to go back to basics with this thing, I cannot believe they are just as different
As night and day with handling!
500 Pro DFC
Old 09-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
I'd love to be able to adjust it with my radio, its really a pain to get glasses for that tiny
screw on the pot, that I need readers to see....lol

haha you mean it's not normal? yeah I have that problem..anything within arms' length is a blur and need cheaters for.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthompson View Post
haha you mean it's not normal? yeah I have that problem..anything within arms' length is a blur and need cheaters for.
Gettin older sucks sometimes! :-(
500 Pro DFC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in