Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade SR with MIA Landing gear

Way easier to land and take off with the new landing gear and very durable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140[1].jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	196595   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0141[1].jpg
Views:	630
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	196596  
ianarm77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^Those are some gross looking MIA "upgrades" dude no offence.

This is what it looked like for most of it's life with me

Here's how it looked before I sold it,
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianarm77 View Post
Way easier to land and take off with the new landing gear and very durable.
You got a part / kit number for that tail rotor guard ring. I have thought about trying to create something like that. Tired of the stock one getting stuck in the grass like a damn fish hook.
joeblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.micro-flight.com/BLADE-SR.htm

Here u can buy that guard think it only comes in the kit
nolimit208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default sr, aka polished turd(moved on to a gaui 200,255,425)

well heres my "old sr" i got really into it, and got it flying really good, now its my sons trainer, but i still like to fly it time to time, ill take over threw the trainer cord, and do some flips, then switch it back over to my son
mod list
blade 400 skids
custom made carbon fiber frame(poly resin 2x2 twill), hbkv2 carbon tail boom, carbon blades
scorpion motor, align 18 amp esc
freestyle belt mod 44t pulley, gaui 200 tail set
align gp750 gyro,align ds410 servo
cnc complete head
pretty much got this heli for free, i was buying blade sr's that were wrecked by newbies, i would fix them and sell them , made 50-70$ each time,man eflite i have to thank you for selling this heli.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SN850432.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	197146   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN850434.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	197147   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN850433.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	197148   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN850441.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	197149  
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't get the guard it is useless. Same with those flybar things they look like they would just act as weights. I hate MIA...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess SR videos go here too so.......

A friend shot this video of me flying the SR. video was taken yesterday which was new years day! It was calm winds and the temp was 45-50!

It has no flybar weights, a 1300mAh pack, no horizontal tail fin, and its bound to a DX7. I setup the head with "0" at center of travel of the head and I'm getting equal +/- pitch and I have elevator/aileron maxed out too. In the video I'm basically flying at 100% throttle and my pitch curve is 0, 35, 50, 65, 100 w/expo on which makes the SR feel like it has a linear pitch curve which I like on my other CP helis. Enjoy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sTTxqG4k90&feature=sub[/ame]
HugoCraft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, nice flight! I could see from time to time the tail wanted to do it's own thing lol! Like usual, but nothing severe though. Well done, kinda lets you know how well you can actually get this little bugger going.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

just after i talked myself out of buying another heli, i see this SR video.....instead of spending the money on a much neglected electric 1/8 scale i race regularly, i will now shortly own an SR
Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just get a Gaui 255.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's mine. Detrum GY48V gyro, Custom painted Axe CP canopy, 10 tooth pinion, CF CP blades, B400 head dampeners, 450 skids & boom supports, stock tx.

Blade mSR, shortened swash arms and flybar.
Blade SR w/ Detrum GY48V gyro, CF CP Blades, 10 T pinion, B400 head dampeners, Align 450 Landing skids, Axe CP canopy
SNOWFREAK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
Just get a Gaui 255.
too late, got the SR yesterday - already downed it
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good choice, no complicated kit construction, and if a crash is in the future, the SR is much cheaper to repair and the parts easier to get. Welcome to the SR forum ses601.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea, i have a feeling this little bird is gonna be a lotttttt of fun. since (previously? ) racing offroad is my main deal, this is a huge step for me.....this could be a new beginning!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Blade SR with Tail Boom Support

A couple of images of my Blade SR with Extreme Production Main Blades and Tail Boom Support.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_7558.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	200323   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7564.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	200324   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7583.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	200325   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7614.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	200326   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7559.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	200327  

Name:	100_7561.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	200328   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7576.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	200329   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7580.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	200330   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7585.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	200331   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7600.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	200332  

Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice. I like the blades and the canopy. What airframe's intake is that sitting in?
StrikeEagleCC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Boeing 737-700 CFM56-7B
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dan's SR

Name:	SR_Hover1.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	201393

Name:	SR_Hover2.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	201394

Hover practice. Got it for Christmas. First CP Heli after learning on E-Flite coaxials and MSR. Been having fun learning about setup and repair (Ya crashed it already) of more complex helicopters. Tail-in hovering is going well, starting to work on sideways and eventually nose in. I did the tail motor mount flip-over mod after the first crash wrecked the tailboom. Original tail motor still runs nice and cool and has 30-40 full flights on it with no overheating / failures. Had to re-glue the swashplate after it caused a crash on the second flight. Holding better than from the factory, will probably upgrade to the CNC swash next time I have to work on it.
Gadget1500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget1500 View Post
Attachment 201393

Attachment 201394

Hover practice. Got it for Christmas. First CP Heli after learning on E-Flite coaxials and MSR. Been having fun learning about setup and repair (Ya crashed it already) of more complex helicopters. Tail-in hovering is going well, starting to work on sideways and eventually nose in. I did the tail motor mount flip-over mod after the first crash wrecked the tailboom. Original tail motor still runs nice and cool and has 30-40 full flights on it with no overheating / failures. Had to re-glue the swashplate after it caused a crash on the second flight. Holding better than from the factory, will probably upgrade to the CNC swash next time I have to work on it.
i too am new to CP helis, i tried my SR out the first day i got it, went up and hovered fine until i had it pitched into the wind, and then overcorrected (straight into the ground) once the gust died down anyway, i am now armed with the landing gear but no weather nice enough to try outside....did you attempt to learn hovering inside at all? it seems like i run out of room pretty quick!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Us SR / CP Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses601 View Post
i too am new to CP helis, i tried my SR out the first day i got it, went up and hovered fine until i had it pitched into the wind, and then overcorrected (straight into the ground) once the gust died down anyway, i am now armed with the landing gear but no weather nice enough to try outside....did you attempt to learn hovering inside at all? it seems like i run out of room pretty quick!
Hey SES601, Ya, the SR is a handful for a coaxial / MSR flyer, I've had it since Christmas and am still mostly hovering with a little sideways movement now. Still have trouble when it gets moving to quick, I just turn it back to tail-in position to recover and land. I had to learn outdoors as no access to a large indoor place. A gym or skating rink would be nice, but none close by. My first day crash was probably due to not correcting enough, just didn't know how it was going to act so I didn't try to keep it flying. Went for a quick landing but the heli hit too hard and caused the blades to strike the tailboom. Bent up a lot of stuff, had to learn a lot of repair stuff the first day. The second minor crash was due to swashplate seperation, I've since learned that it's a very common problem, keep an eye on your swash and check it before you fly again, maybe it caused your crash.

Here's a few things that I learned so far: 1: If you can get inside a large building with a smooth floor, take it. The smooth floor will allow the heli to slide around rather than tip over, especially if you are having trouble correcting the flight attitude and have to get-er down quick. 2: If ya can't get inside, wait for dead calm outside until you get the hang of hovering. 3: Definately keep the training gear on for a while, it's saved me a lot of money and repair time. 4: Horizon makes great helis, but, that part about being set up to hover, right out of the box, is BS. It took me a lot of short hovers and tweaking to get my SR to fly straight enough so that I could learn to fly it. Had the same problem with my CX3, it was so screwed up out of the box that I couldn't learn to hover it. Thought it was just my inexperience till I took it to the local hobby shop and watched an expert work hard to keep it in the air. 5: Read a lot of bad reviews about the SR's tail motor frying itself, a lot of times on the very first flight. The local hobbyshop guy didn't agree, says their customers have not been having tailmotor problems. One of the more frequent complaints is overheating, so, just to be on the safe side, I did the tailmotor flip over mod that a few people have been recommending. Got about 50 full flights on my original tailmotor, it runs nice and cool and is still running strong. The weather has been cold, so, we'll see if the tailmotor still runs reletively cool in warmer weather. 6: The swashplate is prone to seperate, it can be glued, but, you'll have to be very careful not to goo up the bearing. I'd keep a spare on hand and consider the CNC upgrade. There is a thread on the website with some nice instructions for re-gluing the swash, I thru in my 2 cents worth too. 7: To help me decide which parts to keep in stock, I read the reviews for the SR and the individual parts on Horizon's website.

Good luck with your SR, I've been enjoying mine.
Gadget1500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in