Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4525-520 in X50E !!!....

Well guys MEA CULPA.
I'm following from the beginning the experience of people with the X50E.
First when TT released some informations and I've seen the modulus used for main gear I was super disapointed and expressed it on this forum ... 0.8 was the same as used in the Fusion 50 which was desastrous for the outrage machine!.... (call that like you want but it was, so many problems with this !)
Time has passed and I don't see people having issue with the train gear of the X50E and I'm looking seriously at getting one.
So ..... I was wrong and guess I'll wait and see next time before expressing more of a reaction than a statement ;-)
Anyway, here is a vid of Nick Maxwell violenting his X50E with a 4525-520 "on board"

Insane power !....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8NbW8TqUNmE[YOUTUBE]
Flydynamics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome vid of Nick, flying an X50E.

I remember those post you made shotgun. It is very easy to find them again since this X50E dedicated forum is only 2 pages long .

I hope more people will take notice how great this Thunder Tiger 600 size heli is. Very versatile for any electronic set-up - power - combo.
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This video peaked my interest. Interesting how this model is getting zero interest in the forums. The "look" probably doesn't appeal to most. I wish more had it so we could discover a bit more how robust it is. One pro having no issues just isn't enough to know.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree with you Onthesnap but I'm not refering to this setup. A 4525.520 isn't needed to have a powerfull setup; it's extreme and no need for this, except when you're sponsored and want to show what a model can do with probably a bit of work on it.
Most are using 700 class motors (700MX, 4035-XXX) without issues both on this forum, some friends I have in France and on the other US and German forums.
Generally when a problems appear and are recurrent, lots can be found on forums (how many post on outrage gears ?) so I guess the X50E isn't that bad ;-)
I like the look of it a lot but this is just my taste and I understand some other will not and for exemple like a TDR or Goblin look where I found them not really "sexy"
Flydynamics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default X50e main gear durability

I am running a Align 700mx 510kv with a 12s setup and have not experienced any issues to date (25+ flights). Since this setup uses a 700-class motor and most likely the largest (2) 6s batteries you can fit (4000mAh), there is alot of power with a good bit of weight as well. The main gear seems to be a pretty robust design with very minimal runout.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am pretty surprised it could handle a 4525. Just like shotgun I was dissapointed when I saw it used a M0.8 maingear.

Is there a belt drive tail conversion available? because torque tube is on of the other things I dislike.

edit, what is the max main blade length by the way?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No belt tail conversion for this heli.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

chances are that was the sickest flight ive ever seen.

and it got cut off.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk2...otherwise i would of sent it from my home PC.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you fit motors larger than 52mm? Dremel?
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! That is some explosive power. That's a 349.99 Scorpion motor at amainhobbies. I wonder if the Align equivalent would come close to that kind of zip? Holy smoke that things quick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in