Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklemming View Post
Wow, you seriously addressed all of this.
You have question. I've got answer. Was that question supposed to again trick me into saying I assume you don't know something?

Quote:
I think a better analogy would be an engine with a built in rev limiter. You have a tach which displays rpms as a percent of redline which doesnt know what the redline is so it blips the throttle(not in gear) until the rpms dont increase.
Depends on what you mean better? For those who put 15% HS headroom as the highest priority, maybe it's better for them. For me, I know what HS I want to set and I want to set it directly like I set my cruise control speed. That's my better analogy.

Quote:
I know quite alot about the inner working of ECUs, no need to explain that to me. Been tuning and racing turbo cars for years. Do all my own ecu tuning.
Then you shouldn't have asked why high octane fuel matters unless for the reason I mentioned above. Just FYI, I blue-printed my own National Champ race car engine everything from head-porting to intake-tuning including ITBs (individual throttle bodies) that can put out great power, maintain good torque, run pump gas, get good fuel mileage on the streets, perfectly streetable, and pass emission test with flying colors. I didn't just do ECU tuning. I modified the ECU to add parameters to fit my needs after discussing with manufacturer and they decided to not proceed upgrading the way I suggested.

Quote:
I guess we just have to agree to disagree on your analogy.
There's no need to agree or disagree which analogy is better. Like I said earlier, I see setting governor HS as setting a fixed HS. I don't need it to represent how many percentage of full speed. People who see HS headroom as a higher priority will see it differently.

Quote:
I spun my heli up on the bench without main or tail blades using a fully charged battery and throttle set to 90%. At that point my measured headspeed based on throttle% vs the readyheli calculator was close enough that I only had to change the throttle a few points(and thats because I was being picky).
WIth BLHeli you can even just plug in the numbers to BLHeliSetup tool and its estimates are accurate enough for me. I run each BLHeli setup to full speed mostly for my curiosity and to confirm the hardware is all working properly to spec.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
You have question. I've got answer. Was that question supposed to again trick me into saying I assume you don't know something?
Nope not trying to trick you, I was trying to be funny, apparently I should have used some smilies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Depends on what you mean better? For those who put 15% HS headroom as the highest priority, maybe it's better for them. For me, I know what HS I want to set and I want to set it directly like I set my cruise control speed. That's my better analogy.
Good enough, my analogy 'exactly matches' the YEP learning process I performed on my bench, without blades. In this no-load situation(going to the car analogies) octane wouldnt matter (assuming its not knocking at idle).

My goal was to get to a set HS and I did..quite easily and accurately. In the end used the
android app "HeadSpeed Tachometer" to get the exact HS I wanted

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=562780
Old 09-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just tried letting Gov Store Mode learn with a fresh pack compare to a pack with 4V per cell. Definitely get different HS with the same 83% flat throttle curve with fresh pack. I've also tried letting Gov Store Mode learn at 90% instead of 100% throttle which obviously results in lower max HS. Result is that governor will never go beyond that lowered HS and it scales down HS on any throttle value below it. Bottom line is if I want to set exact targeted HS, tach is definitely required.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just did the Gov Store Setup using 100% throttle, 4V method on my TREX 450 with a YEP60 and RPMS seemed quite a bit different compared to calculations

Oh well, set HS with tach
Old 09-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is any of this correct? I was reading both threads, this and the esc_motor thread. I am going from wicked 4800kv to the hyperion 2213-3585kv

So here's what blheli says for wicked on 10T, 140 main gear when using the included calculator:

wicked motor - 4800kv

75% TC = 3014rpm = green @ 78% motor (normal mode)
80% TC = 3262rpm = green @ 83% motor (idle up 1)
85% TC = 3608rpm = blue, @ 93% motor (idle up 2)

so when you say get it close to 85% , you meaning the motor % right? So wicked was running more constant HS when it was in idle up 1, and with going to 85% in TC, it pushed me passed the 85% to 93% on motor, which leaves it took it well, or it may have not.

I tried doing the same for the new hyperion motor to set values in my tx, so the TC has to be considerably lower since it runs a 14T pinion. Here's the stats I used:

hyperion motor - 2213-3585kv

56% TC = 3236rpm = green @ 80% motor (normal mode)
61% TC = 3454rpm = green @ 85% motor (idle up 1)
68% TC = 3788rpm = blue, @ 93% motor (idle up 2)

Is any of this looking right? Again I'm using the blheli calculator, so I believe that's what I'd need to change in my tx to have this motor running correctly. the idle up 1 is the efficient one, and the idle up 2, kind of tests the waters if it can take it or not as it passes that 85% desired threshold to the 93% it goes to when switching to idle up 2.

Hope that's right, if not damn I'm tired, it's 12:20am , lol

mCPX BL, BL nano, 300x, TREX 450 Pro DFC, Spektrum Dx9, iCharger 206B
dragon79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Generally correct, 85% motor is the ideal target, but in real-world situation a lower gearing setup may get away with running higher than 85% motor, especially when many times it's not economical/practical//weight-conscious/flight-time-conscious to have the system provide enough power headroom for the 85%. I've seen many good flight videos with governor not able to maintain constant HS all the time so it's not extremely important to achieve 85% motor all the time.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just did all the mods to my cool33s and flashed blheli

I am running a scorpion 2208-24v2 (3590kv, 8KHz PWM, 5 degrees timing).

Anybody see any issues with these attached parms
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blheli300x-2208-24.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	450922  
Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks OK overall except I would try higher timing medium-low or medium. From my experience with everything from high rpm mCPx motor to low RPM Align 450MX motor all seem to work most efficiently with medium timing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in