Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC > Outrage 550

Outrage 550 Outrage 550 Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This canopy is very easy to see in the sky, especially in the bright blue and white clouded sky's we have is Southwest Florida
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know I'll get burned for this but I think that canopy is FUGLY...bust me if you want but its just my opinion.
3d2nv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d2nv View Post
I know I'll get burned for this but I think that canopy is FUGLY...bust me if you want but its just my opinion.
Well, you know what they say about opinons.... that they are like arm pits and some of them stink.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Like Lith say's were all entitled to our opions, Outrage will be offering upgrade canopies like the ones the team guys are flying, but for the guy who wants to see this thing in the air and wants a glass canopy to fly at his field day in and day out, this is perfect, you can always pick up the nicer hood for when you go to events, much better than most of the plastic canopies shipped with other kits, OutrageRC had to come up with something that was easily produced, and Flo Yel and Flo Orange are the easiest colors the eye can pick up on quickly, it's not that bad once you see it flying around.
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tend to agree that the production released canopy is less than what we have all been looking at for more than a month now.

This is the pic we have been seeing. On the pic itself it states when it is going to ship.. But not with the Canopy shown within the pic.

To be honest... One of the first things I noticed while watching the progress of the O-550 during this wait was the Canopy. (" wow that heli looks hot, and the cover suites it nicely") Then the production lid is shown for the first time..

How many of us thought at that very moment.. (" Awwhh, thats not the canopy they been showing.. Yuck... Oh well, I can buy the good one later") Not even stopping to consider that this is a mild interpretation of bait and switch.

Makes one think of unfinished video games with costly expansion packs which essentially is nothing more than a high paid patch to complete the game as was intended.

Will I buy the Outrage 550? You bet.. Will I buy the Canopy "Upgrade" when released? You Bet...

But this still does not make it right. Should read..

Shipping Dec 8, but not with this canopy. yoink...
Mecos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Almost all of my canopies are flourecent yellow and orange. It is the only thing my aging eyes can see well. I like the stocker canopy..I wont even have to paint it!.....till I dirt nap it.
Seems like I saw a white one somewhere at a good price

Seeing as how the only images we have seen are prototype units, I never expected the heli to come with the same custom painted canopy that the boys that really know how to wring these things out get. So far, I like everything that I have seen about this heli...nothing about it looks like an after thought. Good job of designing and planning this one IMNOSO.

Jimmy
Jamesppp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm the kind of guy that likes a "flight beater canopy" and a "show canopy". I've always been big into doing this as I have something great to show the heli off with at fun flys, and another for my eyes to see the heli good in the air, get scratched up, and tossed around without worry.

I like yellow because it's easy to see against any sky. It sure beats the cheapo plastic bleach bottle!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #108 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Mecos remember all the photos you have seen are just prototypes, you cannot fault a company for changing the production heli is any way.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh I know.. Prototype vrs production.. And I will also have both, Like mentioned above. I also like to have a show hood and a push hood.

But hype from the prototype has raised my expectations from the onset. ("thats what I want above all other heli's for my next step up from 450 scale")

Either way, it is looking to be a great heli and I also have to admit that lighter / brighter colors on my 450 has helped to avoid those unpleasant walks of shame due to lost orientation many times over.

I think what put me off the production hood the most was the overall look to it. At first glance it looks like a cheesy remake of the Shazam lightning swoosh worn by a fast super hero of old.

When compared to what we have been looking at (modern artwork lids) it was a bit of a let down that I "knew" I was going to have pay for a second canopy when I honestly thought that the canopy I been looking at would be included in the primary kit.

Hmmm.. I sense an Outrage CF Pro V2 coming on (includes Motor, ESC, and upgrade Canopy)

Cmon guys... market that bad boy...

As I continue to press CheckOut over and over and seeing "Item out of stock".

Mecos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm just waiting to see one of those canopies with a capibara airbrushed on it.

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #111 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Don't make me bite you.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
Don't make me bite you.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kindergarten graphics...just my stinky opinion

Its all love but the canopy is still garbage.
3d2nv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm hoping we see a nice little line of Fusuno canopies for the 550 (hint hint, cmon Outrage you know it makes sense )
trextuning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They also have blank white one listed too. I may have to buy one and get something custom done for a show canopy.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default For all of you crazy Outrage Helifreaks :)

Here is my flight this morning. Just some high speed figure 8s. 13T Pinion, 6S 5000Mah TP Extreme, Scorpion 20-1100KV motor, 125A CC ESC. About 80% Flat Thr Curve. Interestingly, when my HS goes above 2100 (via tach). I see a significant vibration in the head when both hovering and/or sitting on the ground, probably the blades are not balanced (Rotoworx 550 Blades). I have to say, even though I am not flying with the governor, ESC CC 125A is doing great, barely warm after landing, etc. Motor gets to about +100F.

Best,

-Magnito
magnito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Resolved vibration, it was just blade imbalance. Attached some clear tape to the end of one blade and all vibration is gone.

-Magnito
magnito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in