Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea, any thin double side tape will do. You want the APS attach to the metal plate as tight and close as possible.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley888 View Post
Yea, any thin double side tape will do. You want the APS attach to the metal plate as tight and close as possible.
Ok got it, will try that

Thank you
mmarmouz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed APS like this

LeoInno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks,

Fixed your pictures

Mine is similar to you ! except i have used the metal plate with 2 foam absorbers on the top and bottom of the metal plate, now will put only 2 foams absorber on the botton, and between aps and metal plate i will use a double tape that come with the 3gx.

Last edited by mmarmouz; 12-13-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Leo,

Did you upgraded the 3GX to 3.0 yet or not ? is your APS at 1.1 ?

Since my 3.0 Upgrade, in GPS more in the ground, swashplate is fixed, does not move ! Before in 2.1, i was tilting hard to the left or right.

What TX do you have ?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had used 3GX and APS in following combination
1. 3GX v2.1 with APS v1.0
2. 3GX v2.1 with APS v1.1
3. 3GX v3.0 with APS v1.1
and they all work fine.

Also, my TX is Futaba T8J. I think it similar to your 8FG. I will try to borrow a 8FG and do some test flight to double confirm next week.

B.R.

Leo
LeoInno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quick question, i have rebuild my 500 dfc, i am doing the APS preflight test, everything seem fine, except one thing,

When i swith to aps, put my fingers in the swashplate, and move heli fast higher position, i feel swash going up, and when go down, swash go down, its a little tricky with the 3gx 3.0 upgrade, when i compensate now it go back to original position right away, so hard to tell its not going the oposite for up and down movements

i think it should be reverse right ? when heli go up, swashplate should go down, and when heli go down, swashplate should go up right ? in aps ?

If that the case, what i am doing wrong ? 3gx is set face up in the 3GX Rudder setup, so what is the issue ?

Last edited by mmarmouz; 12-13-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi mmarmouz,

You are right. In APS mode, the swash should move up when heli descend and move down when heli ascend. But must make sure throttle stick is in middle(hovering) position. Also in my experience, the swashplate moves too little too be seen by eyeball. You could pinch the main shaft with thumb and first finger. To feel if swashplate is pushing up tight or moving down loosen.

You should do the throttle calibration(governor settings)with your 3GX if swashplate move opposite in APS mode. Be careful when you do the governor setting. Remember to remove at least 2 main motor wire before calibration throttle. Good luck!
peiyuhuang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, In my experience you have to put your helicopter upside down for a few seconds, after that you have to put upside up again. Now it is easier to see the correction changes when you move up and down.
lucasmmeira is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiyuhuang View Post
Hi mmarmouz,

You are right. In APS mode, the swash should move up when heli descend and move down when heli ascend. But must make sure throttle stick is in middle(hovering) position. Also in my experience, the swashplate moves too little too be seen by eyeball. You could pinch the main shaft with thumb and first finger. To feel if swashplate is pushing up tight or moving down loosen.

You should do the throttle calibration(governor settings)with your 3GX if swashplate move opposite in APS mode. Be careful when you do the governor setting. Remember to remove at least 2 main motor wire before calibration throttle. Good luck!

Thanks, i did not have to remove the motor cables, in the throttle calibration, motor do not start anyway!

Yes i did the throttle calibration (gov settings)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmmeira View Post
Hi, In my experience you have to put your helicopter upside down for a few seconds, after that you have to put upside up again. Now it is easier to see the correction changes when you move up and down.
So you check that with heli upside down! I will try that thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is how my APS is installed

I have replaced my Main Shaft, Main Gear, Autorotation Gear, Main Blades and Tail blades with new ones to avoid any vibration, flying good, but i am not able to Pass the Vibration Test in IdleUP and even in Normal Mode.

I have the APS on a doubleside tape with the Metal Plate, then metal plate with 2 foarms absorbers double tape. Any idea or recommentation, Heli is stable in normal just a little tail shake when i switch from Normal to IdleUp. Even without switching from Normal to IdleUp, just staying in Normal, i am not able to pass the Vib Test ! Please help
Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

New update v1.2!

http://align.com.tw/alignhtml/3gx_update/APS_update.php
lucasmmeira is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmmeira View Post
Hope it will help me making it working LOL ! Thanks for the info !
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have removed the metal plate, now only using the foam dampening double stickers.

Hope now i will pass the vibe test! Will try it soon

I had my idle up at 85% straight line, changed it to 75% ! Will be more smooth when switching from normal to idleup i hope ! That s what they say in the manual, on align video they put 85%, any suggestion ?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Everybody,

I am so haapy, decided to see why i am unable to pass the vibration test, that i think and lot of you think that cause the APS to not work correctly. Well finally found it ! in my basement, with a lot of test, blades off !

Aps vibration test was failing at around 60% thorttle all the time in Normal mode.

My APS Gyro is mounted in the 3GX Gyro Mount of my 500 DFC, top Mount above the tail, that one does not have any sides screw to secure in place, but only the left and right body when it's bolted in place ! So i said, maybe there is a little space between that mount and the 2 body panels that create vibration at high throttle !

so while i was putting more throttle, i have putted my fingers on each side of the gyro mount, watching the rotor to not hurt myself !!! and a little force to make the gyro more secure, and guess what ! passed the test ! even at 100% thottle.

So i have removed the gyro mount, and on the 2 holes on each body panel, i did put some 2 sides tape on each one, and have fitted the gyro mount, was hard to put inside but with the body panels bolts back, it was holding great !

did some more test now, and guess what ! did spool at 100% thottle, then playing with throttle stick to go down to 20% and up to 100% really fast and vib test passed no problem.

So i saved the vib test, restarted the 3gx, and did spool up, switched to idle up witch is 80% throttle, and switched to aps, now no problem ! my swashplate is not going down, staying at the same position if i am at around 60% throttle stick ! and it stay leveled more than before !! so i have grabed my heli by hands, and put it in the air to see if it's compensating correctly, it does, left right, back forw, and even ascend and descend ! so i guess, now i have to redo the vib test outside, and hope it pass in the first test !

and then do a real aps test, i am confident it will work and i HOPE !!!

let you know when wheather is good and i will be able to test it !

thanks for the support everybody, and i hope i will be able to test my aps without anymore crashs !

thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's great to hear you found the problem. Good luck!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley888 View Post
It's great to hear you found the problem. Good luck!
Thanks, looking good with tests on the ground ! Waiting for good weather !
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also found that my tail blades was out of balance, replace them with new carbons ones from align, the 3k, and vibration went away.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did a test flight w/ T8FG

Hi mmarmouz,

Glad to hear that you might find the reason causing vibration.

Also I borrow a T8FG TX from a friend and did a test flight with it today. The APS was flying good with T8FG. Hope to hear good news from you soon. Good luck.
peiyuhuang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in