Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2014, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Emails to SKOOKUM ROBOTICS not Answered?????

I have to ask does Skookum answer their Emails? I had a failure of some sorts on my SK540 and contacted them through the website and got a response telling me where and how to send it in for a repair or a check up. It has been nearly a month and a half since I sent it in and I have heard not a peep. Of all the dumb things I lost the tracking # of the package so I cant even tell if they got it. I have sent multiple Emails inquiring as to the where and whats up with my skookum...is it dead....can ya fix it.....did you even get it. Nothing.....not a peep. I know these things take a while.....but man.....LEMME know what is going on....I got nothing to go on and have no other way to contact them. The package was sent as instructed and now I'm in the dark. A month and a half latter I would hope to hear SOMETHING!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had the same thing. I sent my 540 Clear back to them around a month ago. I tracked it, it got there, but haven't heard a peep - even after sending an email to ask for an update. I know Skookum is busy with the new software update (which looks awesome!) but it would be nice to hear back about my 540...
kimthepilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well....wait I shall then I guess....
Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have read of this a few times before.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Skookum is very slow to respond emails. I have to wait 7-10 days to get a reply.

bavci_0655 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know they are VERY busy right now trying to get the new firmware released and fully tested. This is probably the busiest they've been in a long while.

Back when I got my 540 and had some setup issues, Art and I exchanged probably around 30 emails helping me figure it out and he was very helpful. His response time was usually 24 hours or less.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but it would be nice if they could just give you a heads up.

Having lost the tracking number, there is also the very small possibility that it was lost in the mail. Hopefully not, but you never know.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's true, In the past Skookum has been awesome at replying to my emails... They must be super swamped with the new update. I'm looking forward to it!
kimthepilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well....the good news is I found the tracking receipt....it didn't blow outa my rig after all....just bunched up behind my subs lol.....It did get delivered so Im cool with that....sounds like the wait will be worth it anyway!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkat450 View Post
Well....the good news is I found the tracking receipt....it didn't blow outa my rig after all....just bunched up behind my subs lol.....It did get delivered so Im cool with that....sounds like the wait will be worth it anyway!
Now that is good news! At least you know they have it now.

Still waiting myself on a response for a question about one of my own Sk720B's. It is staying in super slow mo, which isn't a huge deal considering most my fleet is gone anyways. The Triabolo it was on just ate a bearing today. (Stole the one off my 600 so I could maiden it, again).
Old 07-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been waiting quite a while for an answer as well.

Ignoring customers is a very bad path to go down. No matter how busy you are you must find time to at least give acknowledgement. In my experience, this isn't optional, this is a must. Your customers are your business.

I love how the skookum flies, but if this is the norm for customer service than I'm going to have to look elsewhere for FBL controllers. This forum is amazing for getting problems resolved, but when you have a technical problem, getting it fixed is going to be a nightmare.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, at least our group up north is supportive. Everyone helps each other. WK450 is flying one of my spare 540s till his shows back up again. Speaking of flying, he put on a clinic yesterday with his fleet! And did one of the most spectacular saves I have ever seen pulled off. Nice flying bro! And awesome invert work!
Old 07-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thumbs up

=] thanks Randy! I never like to comment on this type of thread, I know how busy they are right now giving us a free upgrade. I always have a spare unit ready to support UK pilots in need. and it wasn't free either!

georgi UK is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think that its really nice that they are SUPER busy working on a new FREE software upgrade...
However, it would be really nice to get replies to e-mail when we PAY over two hundred dollars for an updated piece of hardware and you here or know nothing.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well.....Ask and yee shall receive. I just got an email from them and my....lol...."UNIT" should be on its way back shortly. Huge props to the guys at SKOOKUM for doing what they do best. Granted a minor delay but still they hooked me up!!! I would not call it ignoring...just swamped and that's very understandable. Thanks for the compliments Randy! You still cut the grass before I could get a good shot of it.....but we all saw it!!!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkat450 View Post
Well.....Ask and yee shall receive. I just got an email from them and my....lol...."UNIT" should be on its way back shortly. Huge props to the guys at SKOOKUM for doing what they do best. Granted a minor delay but still they hooked me up!!! I would not call it ignoring...just swamped and that's very understandable. Thanks for the compliments Randy! You still cut the grass before I could get a good shot of it.....but we all saw it!!!!!
What was your order date?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sent it on the 9th and it was received 10 days later...if I'm correct that what you meant. Honestly.... That's dam good in my book considering the stuff they have going at the moment.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I placed my order for the upgrade "Blue to Black" on June 2nd and have not received any information.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I will respectfully close this thread and let them get to what they do best!!! Thanks for the response!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in