Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got the Funcopter

Had the RR version of the Funcopter for a few weeks now, so far i had had to replace the pushrods and replace the swashplate, the pushrods fell out after a crash and lost them, managed to make some more so saved 10 pounds, swashplate cost ten pounds.

I have had it flying ok at the Club, but last week there seemed to be a glitch with it would get up to speed then twitch quite a bit, the guys at the club don't know that much about Helicopters and gave up.

I had suspected a servo was on the way out and that was doing the twitching, now it wont even turn and just shakes most of the time. I found them strange anyway as you could turn them easily when the battery was disconnected, usually there is a bit of friction when you turn a servo.
Anyway i have ordered 2 new servos there just re-badged Hitec HS-81's would be the metal geared ones but after the problems I've had with this Helicopter may sell it on E bay.

Anyone who has this Heli maybe you can help and advice would be helpful, its not all bad here, if i had been another Heli the cost to fix it would have been much higher. Got a video of it on U Tube not that good was in the house will make more later. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATAtSTwxlg[/ame]
Fingerless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerless View Post
I have had it flying ok at the Club, but last week there seemed to be a glitch with it would get up to speed then twitch quite a bit, the guys at the club don't know that much about Helicopters and gave up.
When you say "get up to speed" was it in forward flight or was the rotor just getting to the point of liftoff RPM?

When you say "twitch quite a bit", do you mean: (a) the whole thing was shaking, (b) the tail was jumping up & down, (c) the tail was slapping left & right?

On occasion mine was deciding to shake like hell ((a) & (b) mainly on the ground) but I think the problem may be gone since I dropped my ESC's timing advance from 15 degrees down to 3.75 degrees. I've read that you can't change the timing on the ESC that comes with the RR kit.

Looks & sounds pretty smooth in your video except for a bit of a grind around 00:35 and the odd sound at 00:40 when you shut it off. God help the poor thing if the sheet comes loose off the futon.

xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

think that at 0:35 something hit the sheet.

looks like your blades are too tight or not tight enough as 0:52 your main rotors are offset. If you have them tight and made it that way on purpose, loosen the grips up and align them so they're straight.

If they're not tight and they flopped that way one you powered down, tighten them up a little.

the sound at 0:40 is kinda weird any idea what that was?

here's my latest video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M4oefYg-Gs[/ame]
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply since i replaced the servo its a bit better now, still makes a sound when you use too much rudder like hitting the foam, but it dont seem to be hitting it so not sure where the sound is coming from. It was flying fine the other week at the club, but the servo problem was too much bother for them and they gave up quick, there not really into Helis there. I hope this isnt going to end up like the Hummingbird i tried years ago, never could fly that either. Will make another video with it running at high speed, its raining here so cant go outside to try it out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1C47z8NvQ[/ame]

Last edited by Fingerless; 11-03-2010 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: video
Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since i took the video in the house i tried it outside seems to be ok now just that scrapping sound coming sometimes when you use the rudder too much.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1C47z8NvQ[/ame]
Old 11-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if you can adjust the rudder travel with your tx then limit the amount of throw so it does not hit the fuselage.

get some safety glasses, if something gives you don't want it hitting your glasses
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks it seems to be flying ok now, i wont be using it in the house anymore now.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fingerless

Why are you called fingerless? I can see in the video that your digits are still intact
Aardvark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Atthecross, you sure have gotten good at flying that thing.
Aardvark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Atthecross, you sure have gotten good at flying that thing.

thanks!! this heli is very kewl, love it! Sold all my walkera micros because I only fly this and my corona 120 hybrids!

check out the tight turns

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuJyRgpbvE[/ame]
Old 11-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

any news Fingerless?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in