Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ar7200BX or beastx with an AR7100?

I just ordered a new kit and will be using the Align servos but will be using beastx of some sort. I'm wondering if I should use a beastx with with an Ar7100 power by direct 2s lipo or the new 7200bx...but what would be the best way to power that up? I am drawing a blank here! I been out of nitro for a while and excited to get back...any advice would be appreciated!!!,
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I getting ready to order the beast to next week when my head comes in.... I am in the same boat and would like to know as well.......
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the BeastX ! For the money it is one of the best out there.
]{iller3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go for the AR 7200bx it has the beast x integrated. Works awesome! Save yourself alot of money!
TREX 450 PRO
Super S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok the 7200bx sounds good but what about power to that... Any ideas?!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorz499 View Post
Ok the 7200bx sounds good but what about power to that... Any ideas?!
You can power it with a 2S LiPo if you want. The question is does the input voltage pass right through to the servos? On the standalone MICROBEAST it does.

I don't know if the integrated unit has a voltage regulator, so you would need to find out. I just read through the manual for the 7200BX and didn't see anywhere what the output voltage was.

I'm using the AR7100R with the standalone MB. I used an external voltage regulator last year between my 2S LiPo and receiver this way my cyclic servos got a steady 6V. This year I have HV servos so I'm running straight 2S without the external regulator.

I don't know if the 7200BX is susceptible to problems when running a setup that draws high current like the standalone MB unit is.

I'll do some more research on this. Maybe someone else already knows the answers and will chime in.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey bob o ...... I see you were using the 7100r...... That is what I currently have on the 600.... I am wondering if that worled out okay... I going to start wih my 600 and then do the 700 later.... I currently have spektrum 6040 for cylic, spektrum 6010 on throttle which can be regulated, and bls 251 on the tail which is regulated.....

I was told the 6040 can be ran on hv... does'nt say it in the book but as others have done with some servos it has been done.... I am back and forth with that to be honest.... I was wondering if you liked the setup u have or had with the 7100 and the beast... Did the revmax work as good.. I really dont wanna tear this apart and get HV servos yet .... I have been running NIC packs but I am wanting to go to lipos....

What is your take on all this.,... why did you switch over to the HV ..... Also with the regulator is it true that even with it regulating the power down it is also good to have one so you get a consitant power.......
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The AR7100R is a great receiver. I use the built-in rev limiter as a governor, in that I run a 100% flat throttle curve and use the governor menu of my 9303 to handle the HS. I also run dual satellite receivers.

I switched to HV servos this year mainly because I wanted to eliminate the external regulator but still run 2S LiPo batts. I realize the voltage won't be a steady 8.4V to the servos, but I'm not really concerned about that.

Not sure if that answered your questions.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok so I opted for the AR7200BX and the Gryphon 10v linear regulator with pin flag switch
Old 02-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having similar dilemma (AR7200BX vc BeastX with my current AR8000)
AR7200BX and BeastX are similar price if you add the USB link to the beastX.

What about updating the firmwareon AR7200BX? BeastX got a new release recently but it does not seam like the AR7200BX did.

Could it be safer to take BeastX to get the firmware release straight from the source instead of relying on HH to port BeastX new firmware release into their AR7200BX.

What you guys think?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I have researched and from my own experience, beast on 8v is a no no. At 8v and 200 f/s will burn up your servos. On my logo, I had it at 8v on my 8717's and all cyclic servos came down blazing hot. I had to drop voltage to 6.6 regulated and drop the f/s low and my 8717's still came down warm. My beast was V2.

On my 600n i have the 7100r and vbar bls451 no heat issues straight 2s. On my Gaui, 7110 and vbar 610's, no issues straight 2s. Just sold my beast for a vbar on logo.

Don't know about the new 7200bx, or the newer V3 beast.
ccnada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

when using the 7100 with V-Bar the drop down for the tail becomes useless. The reciever doesnt function anymore as it was intended. The v-bar will send the imput voltage to all servos plugged into it.. I just run 2s straight to my V-bars with satalites. No point for a reciever. Im sure Beast X is the same...??
motorcycleguyr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnada View Post
From what I have researched and from my own experience, beast on 8v is a no no. At 8v and 200 f/s will burn up your servos. SNIP
I haven't read anything like that.

Check the HV sticky thread in the MB forum, it has lots of information in it.

What is sort of unknown right now is how the 7200BX will handle HV setups. The standalone MB handles it just fine in a few different ways.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnada View Post
From what I have researched and from my own experience, beast on 8v is a no no. At 8v and 200 f/s will burn up your servos. On my logo, I had it at 8v on my 8717's and all cyclic servos came down blazing hot. I had to drop voltage to 6.6 regulated and drop the f/s low and my 8717's still came down warm. My beast was V2.

On my 600n i have the 7100r and vbar bls451 no heat issues straight 2s. On my Gaui, 7110 and vbar 610's, no issues straight 2s. Just sold my beast for a vbar on logo.

Don't know about the new 7200bx, or the newer V3 beast.

The AR7200BX can be run from 3.5 to 8.5 volts safe.

I'm running a 2s lipo on my both nitros without issue both with JR8717

Roger P
Old 03-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycleguyr1 View Post
when using the 7100 with V-Bar the drop down for the tail becomes useless. The reciever doesnt function anymore as it was intended. The v-bar will send the imput voltage to all servos plugged into it.. I just run 2s straight to my V-bars with satalites. No point for a reciever. Im sure Beast X is the same...??
On my 7100 I power my tail from the rx and signal from vbar. Wish I had a HV tail servo so I could go straight.

If you google "beastx 8v" there are some various threads about what I experienced. They are older threads and my beast was a V2. Maybe the new V3 has addressed this issue. Just don't want to see helis go down...
ccnada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run the AR7100R on my 600N with a BEAST on HV and have the same setup on my 700N. No problem. On my 600EFLpro I have the Spektrum 7200BX with 2 lines of power going in from a LiFe battery. I like to have the 7100R on my nitros, just like Bob O already said for the REV limiter which I run a flat throttle curve on plus I get a 5.2V regulated output for the tail servo and a I like to have the soft on/off switch on my nitros because I don't have to take off the caopy - it's just refuel and go. On the electric on the other hand the 7200BX is perfect - it doesn't have a on/off switch BUT I have to take off the canopy anyways to change the battery packs so I might as well power it up by hooking up the receiver battery.
So, to answer the OP's question - on a nitro I would go with the BEASTX plus the AR7110R. I do recommend though to split the rudder servo wire in terms of connecting the black and red (power) to the AR7110R 5.2V and the orange/white signal wire to the BEASTX. Otherwise run either a LiFe (6.6V) or straight 2S LiPo if the servos can handle that. The BEAST won't mind. Just like the rudder servo, you could always split the servo wires and get the power from the receiver and the signal from the BEAST.
Goblin 700

chosen69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in