Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fury 55 with Vbar "Raised Vibration" messages

Hi Guys,

Have a Fury 55 with Silverline Vbar.

Had the tail belt fail and took a good hit. Landing gear, blades, tailboom and tail fin broke.
Changed main shaft, and spindle to be safe.
Also had a bad rear bearing (YS56) that I changed the same time.

Now I am dealing with Raised Vibration messages every 10 seconds as soon as I switch over to Idle up 1 (2050 rpm).

Tail boom had a buzz and a wag to it. The wag has been there since day one.
After talking to MA the other day I used green thread lock on the main shaft bearing both outer and inner race. That took away the play I had side to side, fore and aft.

They also suggested changing the tail hub. (Its on the way in the mail)

I also pulled tail rotor apart and balanced everything. Hub was out. Also changed tail output drive shaft as well to be safe.

Balanced main gear and hub as well, plus changing main gear as I thought that was maybe causing it.

Took it out the other day and ran it without anything on the tail, and no main blades. This after the tail support rods were shaking like crazy.

Got most of the buzz and vibrations disappear when I realized I was running rich on the mid. (Still new to this nitro tuning)

Thought I had figured it out, but when flying it today after 3/4 tank, I suddenly noticed after a few flips, that my right tail support rod had broken right off around the screw on on the boom.

Checked the log, and it still had raised vibration messages.

Anyone had similar problem? Machine flies like its on rails:-)
Wondering if I am getting to much info from the Vbar. Should I worry about it?
Maybe the failure today was from previous flights?

Only thing left that I can think of is changing the tail hub when it shows up.

Any inputs would be great.

Thanks
Tommy T
Attached Files
File Type: pdf log-1410037179-Mar-13--2013-3-30-42-PM.pdf (198.9 KB, 125 views)
ttheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Boom Supports

I don't know about your your v-bar logs but after a crash I had a bad vibration and finally tracked it to the boom support. One end was loose in the aluminum so it looked good but was not tight. I talked to some other MA pilots and they told me they are pretty fussy about tail support and recommend the cross support as well. Good luck.
beantheir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did your tail "fail"? Im interested because the bottom of my tail belt is flush with the pulley on the main shaft, and im worried it might fall off.
--Brian

XLPOWER 550I HOBBYWING 120A I TORQ SERVOS I RAIL 556mm I VBAR I

Last edited by Pvtzemerak; 03-18-2013 at 03:44 AM..
Pvtzemerak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quick Update

I finally got the new tail hub. The old one was bent. After installing it things worked a lot better. Machine still had some vibrations. After looking closer my tail servo was very loose in the rubber grommets. Could move it up and down quiet a bit. Changed out the rubber and tried it again.

Still had a bit of a wag and drift in hover. After talking to MA last week, I then tried to change the sensor tape. Used 3M tape and strapped it down tight.

I re-tuned the motor and bumped up the head speed to about 2140. That seemed to do the trick. Machine stopped drifting and the tail calmed right down. Still shows some raised vibrations, but the machine flies very nice.

Think I will leave it at that for now. Not sure if the Silverline is to sensitive or not.

@beantheir: The tail boom supports did still vibrate a bit so installed a brace on them.
Thanks

@Pvtzemerak; I think what happened was that my tail boom loosened a bit causing the belt to ride up on the side of the rear pulley. It rubbed against the tail case assembly and pretty much melted. I found out after that MA designed a new tail case where the tail rotor idler has been moved forward and down to keep the belt in its track better. Been working very well so far.

Looks like a nice day to fly, can't wait to get back and try it. Very happy it is running smooth again.

Tommy T
ttheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

After a hard crash tail in on my fury 55 I bent the front boom clamps on the frame and had that reoccurring belt problem you mentioned. I changed them and bamm forgot all about it. Also vibration in the tail fin usually indicates that your motor is not tuned as well as it could be. From my experience usually too rich. I know this is an old thread but wanted to give a heads up if in fact you still had the belt problem popping up.
ChapaWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in