Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default KDS Distributor List

Hi all, as KDS seems to be a very new brand in the marketplace, the parts and even kit availability seems to be VERY slim pickings right now. Here are some known parts/kits houses.

www.snhobbies.com --- Canada ( 450 parts, but have full line on order, available soon)

www.heli-smack.com --- USA - Tennessee (Full KDS line available)

www.acmehobbies.com.au/magento -- Australia (Full KDS line available)

www.kanddrc.com -- USA - Alabama ( 450 parts and kits)

www.myrcmart.com -- China - Hong Kong (450,550 parts, very limited 600 and 700 parts)

www.ampmodel.com -- China - Hong Kong (450,550 parts, very limited 600 and 700 parts)

www.rc-fabrik.de -- Europe - ((appears to be located in Germany)) ( Full KDS line available)

http://www.rcmods.co.uk/ -- Europe - UK - Haslingden, Lancashire (450 parts onlu)

www.elyshop.com - Europe - Italy - Novara (Full KDS line available)

www.thinkrc.com - USA - California (450 parts)

www.rc-helicopters-cars.fr - Europe - France (Full KDS line available)

Please feel free to add or comment on experiences with these distributors. I will try to keep them organized in this first post for easy access.

Last edited by spackermen; 01-04-2012 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Added more distributors
spackermen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thinkrc.com is a good place for parts, no one to ask a question, but Dave at K&D is the best so far for me, best price and a person who knows what he's talking about.. I have 2 450sv, and have swicthed K&D.
jackw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes Thinkrc.com is a great place for KDS parts but I wish Xheli.com carried parts for KDS
rejoe821 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

www.helicopterhobbies.com--- US--North Carolina (has electronics)
cpierre82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Www.radiomodels.com.pl

Polish official distributor site -in polish but you can choose currency.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default AMPModels and myRCMart

These two sites look so similar that I took them to be the same site.

Does anybody know if they are?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I am sure they are affiliated with one another in some regard but I don't know if they are sister companies, or different divisions of the same parent company or what. I definitely feel that they are closely related.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

thanks for full info
hobbyfans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Found another. They are a bit more expensive,( I would assume this is an USD to EUR exchange rate more than anything) but I contacted them and they said that they DO have all the parts physically in Italy. I guess you'd never know until you ordered them.

http://www.xcesshobby.com/index.php?...8b7v699r8f06i4 - Europe - Italy All KDS parts, and electronics available.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, wanted to type that I really appreciate the information you've shared here spackermen. Very helpful.

Thanks, Dave
BaconWrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No problem. I actually put this list up as much for my own reference as anything. I wanted to share an experience with MyRcMart.com

I had never ordered from them, and heard mixed reviews about others' experiences. But after waiting for a VERY long time (4 months +) for the vendor who I bought the heli from in the first place to make it right with parts that were bad out of the box, I didn't have any other options really. I ordered, and it was flawless.

It took a while to get here, granted as anything from china, and I think they even had to get stock from KDS but I was very impressed with them. I don't know how they will be on other things, but they worked very well for KDS parts.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default MyRCMart.Com

I had a bad experience with MyRCMart.com when I first ordered. However, I've realised that for KDS 550 spares, there is nobody else, so I've had to order from them again - 2 more times. these orders were flawless, so I'm guessing that the initial order was just bad luck.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default +1 Bad RC Mart

I should quantify that. As far as I'm concerned they have the best pricing and availability on most parts. That being said, I have a LHS (SN Hobbies New West) that has comparable pricing but their stock is not as complete, for the LHS I consider myself very lucky!. I relalise not all have that convienence, so for you I would just warn you that RC Mart and AMP Model (same company) are decent although they take awhile to fill orders (I'm used to getting next day shipping from most places online). The first time I ordered from RC Mart with priority shipping for $20-$25 more (thinking they would fill the order right away paying for priority shipping) it was a week and a half with no response to my emails (two of them asking when they would ship) before I canceled my order (which was for about $90 in parts). I then ordered from AMP Model not relalising they were the same. that order took two weeks to ship (very frustrating) and not waiting for back ordered parts and not counting the actual shipping time (which was avarage from china,regular delivery). I have since placed one other order with AMP Model that took a week and a half to get filled, so it would seem this is avarage for them.
If you read their customer FAQ it is very clear that they are not very into customer service. However their prices are very good. So my only advice is if you are not in a hurry go ahead and order, but accept that it is not going to get there any time soon and the priority shipping is not going to speed them up.
It's up to you, Good Luck

Old 04-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I have looked into sn hobbies quite a few times. And they do look like a nice shop, talked to them on the phone a couple times even. The problem is they still have not recieved the big order of kds stuff that they ordered nearly 3 months ago I was told it was on order.

I think as long as (as you also eventually qualified in your post) that you have to realize that it'll take you right to the point of canceling your order cause it hasn't shipped, ( I knowingly ordered part numbers that I knew they in fact did not have in stock do I expected a little delay), but the fact remains that our options for these parts is in short supply. I simply wanted someone else that was considering ordering from them to do it. It was a good experience, and they did not rip me off, send used parts, or anything of the sort.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spackermen View Post
Yes I have looked into sn hobbies quite a few times. And they do look like a nice shop, talked to them on the phone a couple times even. The problem is they still have not recieved the big order of kds stuff that they ordered nearly 3 months ago I was told it was on order.

I think as long as (as you also eventually qualified in your post) that you have to realize that it'll take you right to the point of canceling your order cause it hasn't shipped, ( I knowingly ordered part numbers that I knew they in fact did not have in stock do I expected a little delay), but the fact remains that our options for these parts is in short supply. I simply wanted someone else that was considering ordering from them to do it. It was a good experience, and they did not rip me off, send used parts, or anything of the sort.
Just to let you know, I am a regular at SN Hobbies sometimes 3or more times week since I bought my 450c and they are a Very nice shop as well as very nice people. I find their pricing to be on par with the best Internet pricing I have seen for brand name parts (not sure about he align stuff). If they say they have an order on the way I would believe them, I think the problem lies with KDS themselves, I have asked SN in person when they are getting more KDS part and they also are not sure, so I think the supplier doesn't provide them with that info. It would seem that KDS parts are tough to come by generally from what I have read all over the web, also in a previous post here that KDS is even slow in getting their web site set up for public orders. So hopefully the situation will be will improve soon, I so enjoy crashing my little bird . Anyway just thought I would add my two cents for you.

Cheers
Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

ScaleFlying.com
Heli4G3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli4G3 View Post
ScaleFlying.com
Ja but older 450 only. No Innovas or 450 QS.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any updates to this list?

I put my 550 in and am going to need parts.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah, just an update, the 450c is a V2 clone
Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker70 View Post
Oh yeah, just an update, the 450c is a V2 clone
Was this a surprise to you? I thought that it was common knowledge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in