Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vibration

I have been flying my V120D02S as a sport flyer using about 70% of the power. I just changed my settings for 3D with a max throttle at 95%.
With the new settings, when the motor revs up, the heli starts to vibrate. It is still flyable, but it may shake up some parts. Any ideas on the most efficient process to remove vibration. I assume start from rebalancing the rotor blades, check the main shaft, check the main gear....etc.
Will the tail blades be worth to balance? What else to look for?
Waterfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #122 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfly View Post
I have been flying my V120D02S as a sport flyer using about 70% of the power. I just changed my settings for 3D with a max throttle at 95%.
With the new settings, when the motor revs up, the heli starts to vibrate. It is still flyable, but it may shake up some parts. Any ideas on the most efficient process to remove vibration. I assume start from rebalancing the rotor blades, check the main shaft, check the main gear....etc.
First,,, did you crash it????? If so,, look everywhere ...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vibration

No crashes, just a few hard landings. No visible damage of any kind other than a tiny scratch in one of the main rotor blades.
Waterfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vibration

Out of the box mine had an oscillating vibration at mid collective. I noticed the main shaft had about 1mm of up/down slop- the collar that should sit against the frame (below the swashplate) was set about 1mm above the frame. I re-set this collar (with some loctite) against the frame while applying gentle upward pressure on the main gear so as to remove any freeplay. My vibrations seem to be gone now.
Crash Test Timmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfly View Post
I've had 2 DS02s. The first one was perfect stock. The 2nd one had a vibe problem that resulted in elevator servo creep (gyro induced due to vibes)

First, check that the feathering shaft is not bent. Remove the main blades, and turn the screw in the head on one side of the blade grips, and see if the blade grip on the other side wobbles. If so, replace the feathering shaft.

Run the heli without the main blades or tail blades If it runs smooth, then you need to balance either the main blades, tail blades, or both.

If the heli still has vibes without any blades, then disconnect the tail gear from the main gear to isoate the main shaft/head. If it runs smooth, then there is a problem with the tail/hub-- usually a slightly bent tail shaft.

If there is still vibes, then remove the main gear to isolate the motor from the head. Run the motor-- if this is smooth, then there is a problem with either the main gear, or the main shaft/ head-- usually the main staft is slightly bent. But it could also be a warped main gear- so be prepared to swap this part to check it. With larger helis, you might need to balance the head (without the blades), but with these micros that is rarely needed...

On my heli, I found a bent tail shaft. Then I still had some slight vibes being generated from the tail, so I had to add a bit of tape to one of the tail blades to get it to run silky smooth.

If none of these steps isolate it, then you probably have a bad bearing somewhere...

Happy hunting,
Chief
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi I'm new to this forum and enjoying reading a lot about the V120d02s. I also have a V120d02s w/devo 7 and the devo 7 menu gave me nightmares when i first got but im use to it now. I can't wait to see the next vid. Nice job finless bob
Duckyo0o is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody has setup of V120D02s with WK 2801 pro?
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8abUqhP8U4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Alishamo 2801 setting

Last edited by Duckyo0o; 02-10-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a v120d02s that should arrive next week. Have any videos been posted yet from Bob, including set-up of the Devo 8s?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
I have a v120d02s that should arrive next week. Have any videos been posted yet from Bob, including set-up of the Devo 8s?
We are still waiting...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please help us, my heli came in today and before I do any real flying this week I'd like to know settings using the devo 8. Any help would be appreciated, but I know you are busy.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I guess this thread has died
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still have faith in Finless. I know for one thing if I lived in California I'd be out enjoying the weather, not doing reviews on Helis. Gotta hand it to him. I'm in the sixth month of my yearly mandatory break from this great hobby cause I was born in Wisconsin. Bummer
Richard F. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #134 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard F. View Post
I still have faith in Finless. I know for one thing if I lived in California I'd be out enjoying the weather, not doing reviews on Helis. Gotta hand it to him. I'm in the sixth month of my yearly mandatory break from this great hobby cause I was born in Wisconsin. Bummer
Move I did,,,!!!
I lived in Mercer Wisconsin and Duluth Minnesota !!
I now live in Texas!! We can fly year round here!!!!
It's going to be (( 82 degrees here today!!!)) granted this is not the average temperature for this time of year...!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dct View Post
Move I did,,,!!!
I lived in Mercer Wisconsin and Duluth Minnesota !!
I now live in Texas!! We can fly year round here!!!!
It's going to be (( 82 degrees here today!!!)) granted this is not the average temperature for this time of year...!
I know! I'm in school for CNC operator now for the next yeAr and a half so I can get the hell out of here! I would like to get into the aerospace industry.
Richard F. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #136 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry guys.... Been super busy with a new business and life. Also my good friend Don is retiring and I am helping him move and what not. So life has been super busy for me recently. I will be back when things settle down.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Life happens. Hope things get less busy for you soon. Be cool if you could also do a set-up on the v200d03...a lot of people are starting to get this helicopter.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New tail gears

New tail gears http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYES-Walker...95764259064077
Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, look at the price for such a small gears.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #140 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Metal gears are a waste of time....
It's been tried before on other models ...
In the end you will just break the next thing in line..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in