Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which lipo

Just ordered myself a Ufly. Also about to order some lipos but which ones in terms of capacity v weight to achieve good C of G and reasonable flight times?
Thinking along the lines of 2S 1000mah 20-25C at around 60g or.....
Would something a little bigger, say 1200mah be a better bet?

Cheers,

Steve.
Stevespana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevespana View Post
Just ordered myself a Ufly. Also about to order some lipos but which ones in terms of capacity v weight to achieve good C of G and reasonable flight times?
Thinking along the lines of 2S 1000mah 20-25C at around 60g or.....
Would something a little bigger, say 1200mah be a better bet?

Cheers,

Steve.
I think I'd go with the 1200's for a little more weight and run time. I still use the stock 800mAh battery with my ufly. When I do order some more batts I'll probably go with the 1200's myself. As of now with the stock battery in the stock location I had to add some weight (not sure how much) to the nose to balance. If you had a scale you could weigh the stock battery then place it on the heli and use some weight till u have it balanced and then weigh both the stock battery and your weight you added to find out how big you can go with the new batts.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply 3d wanna be. Yes you're right about waiting until the heli arrives and then sorting out some new lipos. I'll just use a few old 7.4v 800mah to begin with and make a reasoned decision as I find out more about the heli.

I'm going to try really hard to resist the temptation to mod this heli as it seems to solve most of the problems that I've tried to mod out of several HBFP's over the past year. Really looking forward to not having to worry about brushed motors wearing out and a tail that holds in one place long enough to be able to relax a little more when flying.

Heli on a slow boat from China but will reprt back when I receive it.

Steve.
Stevespana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevespana View Post
I'm going to try really hard to resist the temptation to mod this heli as it seems to solve most of the problems that I've tried to mod out of several HBFP's over the past year.
Steve.
I know what you mean... Only thing I've done to mine so far is replaced the flybar with the flybar from the Furion 450 and I changed out the paddles for Axe cp paddles to fit the flybar. I'm not sure how it will effect the flying of the heli as I have not tried it yet. I've heard it makes it fly more like a CP heli. Reason I changed out the flybar is the stock one is made of carbon fiber and it seems to have quiet a bit of twist and when you balance the heli by the flybar it bends pretty easy from the weight of the heli. It seems to me that it might effect flight being so limber so I changed it out for hardened steel one. As for the paddles you could probably use any as long as it fits the 450 sized flybars. I choose the Ax one on recommendation from another member. As for the flybar you can also use the Trex 450.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in