Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmuffin View Post
Where are you located? There's a dozen shops in the USA always stocked with parts. I own a mini and a 500 and NEVER not been able to find a part for my birds.
Branmuffin I'm in Louisiana and at one point you couldn't get many of the main parts or upgrade parts from any US Dealer. I tried and had backorders that were not filled until January. One dealer may have one part and another dealer have the other(for a short time), but mainly plenty of part stock of the items least used.

This was part of the other post that contained a few strong opinions with a little frustration built in, but truth as I felt. Like I said I own both the Mini and P500 and have no interest in ay other heli, but feel MSH needs to get with it a bit.
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMJT View Post
No offences to anyone but you have to admit MSH are pretty secretive when it comes to their new prototypes, I mean there is nothing about the 700 on MSH's website.

Totally Agree..!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Where are you located? There's a dozen shops in the USA always stocked with parts. I own a mini and a 500 and NEVER not been able to find a part for my birds.
USA is not the whole world.
I cant find any MSH dealer around my country that have enough part for one hard crash.All I have are from Taiwan, Infinity-Hobby or KSmodel in HongKong. But seem like KSmodel wont get on bussiness with MSH anymore, I see they sale off all MSH part to close it.
My belt is almost snapped here and I have to hang my P500 on for 3 weeks, waiting for a package from Helidirect.
Protos 500 part is cheap, but the shipping cost too much. So right here P500 parts have the same price with T-Rex 600E Pro, which have a dealer right at my place.
That's why T-Rex 500 is still here.
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
Is there anything wrong with that? A company that is part of another one of my hobby's kept something in secret for a full 2 years. Why does MSH have to tell us anything? It will be here when it will be here.
That is ok don't get me wrong I just don't understand the point of announcing it in such a early prototype stage and then not saying anything until it is done. I guess there is a marketing reason behind it but most companies when they announce a new product they give a rough release date.
SMJT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is ok don't get me wrong I just don't understand the point of announcing it in such a early prototype stage and then not saying anything until it is done. I guess there is a marketing reason behind it but most companies when they announce a new product they give a rough release date.
I believe there was a much earlier original release date, but a number of things can happen that can delay things. That may be why they won't say another, but I think they said Spring 2013. I don't know if you hang out in the Blade forums at all, but if you do, you'd see that the aftermarket companies have often been 1-12 months off on their projected release dates due to things that can wrong when manufacturing a product.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I believe there was a much earlier original release date, but a number of things can happen that can delay things. That may be why they won't say another, but I think they said Spring 2013. I don't know if you hang out in the Blade forums at all, but if you do, you'd see that the aftermarket companies have often been 1-12 months off on their projected release dates due to things that can wrong when manufacturing a product.
So have you preordered one then and how much can you tell me about the specs?
SMJT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So have you preordered one then and how much can you tell me about the specs?
I know nothing more than anyone else. It's only in my sig because of post 9 in this thread
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...hlight=corrado
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
I know nothing more than anyone else. It's only in my sig because of post 9 in this thread
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...hlight=corrado
Lucky you! hehe.

By the way, your sig is saying produciton instead of production..
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Lucky you! hehe.

By the way, your sig is saying produciton instead of production..
Thanks. I wonder how long it's been like that. I feel like I would have noticed.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhuans View Post
USA is not the whole world.
I cant find any MSH dealer around my country that have enough part for one hard crash.All I have are from Taiwan, Infinity-Hobby or KSmodel in HongKong. But seem like KSmodel wont get on bussiness with MSH anymore, I see they sale off all MSH part to close it.
My belt is almost snapped here and I have to hang my P500 on for 3 weeks, waiting for a package from Helidirect.
Protos 500 part is cheap, but the shipping cost too much. So right here P500 parts have the same price with T-Rex 600E Pro, which have a dealer right at my place.
That's why T-Rex 500 is still here.
Dont think i ever referred to the USA as the whole world anywhere and if you failed to read the post i actually asked where he was located assuming he was out of the USA be he infact isnt, so i do not understand his parts shortage as i have never experienced it with either of my protos models.

With your case of living in Vietnam, i can see how it would be more difficult to get protos parts. But im sure there isnt nearly the market in Vietnam for this model as there is in the USA or europe thus the shortage of parts. I doubt there is even a hobbyshop within 1000 miles of my house that stocks protos parts so everything is ordered via the internet like most people who fly a protos.
If people want to walk into a hobbtown usa or hobbymart and pick up parts for their helis i suggest buying a blade or trex.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Dont think i ever referred to the USA as the whole world anywhere and if you failed to read the post i actually asked where he was located assuming he was out of the USA be he infact isnt, so i do not understand his parts shortage as i have never experienced it with either of my protos models.

With your case of living in Vietnam, i can see how it would be more difficult to get protos parts. But im sure there isnt nearly the market in Vietnam for this model as there is in the USA or europe thus the shortage of parts. I doubt there is even a hobbyshop within 1000 miles of my house that stocks protos parts so everything is ordered via the internet like most people who fly a protos.
If people want to walk into a hobbtown usa or hobbymart and pick up parts for their helis i suggest buying a blade or trex.

Lots of pilots here love and have interested in both P500 and Mini P but they dont have them in their fleet just because of the shortage of parts.I mean, there is no MSH dealer have enought part in some countries around my country. Maybe Vietnam is just a small RC market, but how about Singapore? Thailand (yep, Thailand Heli Blowout 2013 was held there with Tareq last month)? I just need a MSH dealer at those country.
There are about 12 P500 and some Mini P in Vietnam AFAIK. May be more if we found new way to get MSH part easier.
I got lots of parts at my home, but when I crash it just break the things I dont already have...

Last edited by ddhuans; 03-25-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't you guys think this debate is a little pointless? I mean...come on. MSH makes a great product that is dependable and flies awesome. I see no point in blaming them for local hobby shop shortcomings...

I discussed this with one major hobby shop owner where I live. He used to sell Protos parts and stopped not long ago. He told me that regardless of the number of MSH helis it doesn't pay off for him to stock large number of parts. Protos is just too dependable heli to bring high and regular cash flow like "the other brand".

So...crash more, crash hard, make it worth while for your LHS to carry them

P.S.: Why not start a new thread, something like "MSH related rants" and keep this one on P700?
RCHN#233 | Lynx Heli Innovations Team
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
baui2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by baui2000 View Post
Don't you guys think this debate is a little pointless? I mean...come on. MSH makes a great product that is dependable and flies awesome. I see no point in blaming them for local hobby shop shortcomings...
I dont blame MSH, I can get whatever I need, but it took a long time to wait here, and I still love my P500. That's all. MSH make a great 500-size heli and I hope to see Protos 700 at some big events or competition like 3D Master or 3DX...Never seen MSH at those events before.

Last edited by ddhuans; 03-25-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now that would be something!
I can´t wait for my P700 to show up. I would welcome some info about what will be included in the kit etc. But that is mainly because I have a reeeeally good offer on a x-era 4035 that I feel will go away soon...
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you look at most Lhs they stock 2 brands to the teeth, align and blade. Not because they are unreliable nessicarily but because when you are new to the hobby that's what most people fly because they are EVERYWHERE.

When I first go into helis I though align was like Ferrari of helis. Then I bought one and realized what a pile it was. I even have a friend who is a semi pro pilot who flies nothing he cannot buy replacements for at the Lhs anywhere in the country so he flys align and complains daily about parts quality and changes.
If the Lhs could make profit off stocking protos parts I do t think they would turn down sales. We're in a niche market and I like it even if I have to wait for parts it's nice not seeing every kid in town flying the same bird as me.

Quality over quantity pretty much sums it up for me.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

as i know a little about the 700, asking whats includet in the kit,
should be a YGE 160ESC and a (X-era ,4530 style Motor),

i know they still testing hard and they almost fixt all small issues which was discovered.
silverbullet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
as i know a little about the 700, asking whats includet in the kit,
should be a YGE 160ESC and a (X-era ,4530 style Motor),

i know they still testing hard and they almost fixt all small issues which was discovered.
If the final kit looks like that ->>
My MKS HBL servo set arrives later today, so I'm ready for some Protos love.
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default To: Corrado

Once you have finished release of P700 and had a rest

Could you PLEASE release a new P500 V2 FBL Stretched kit with Brain combo option
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brain option for kits would be very nice since I have no desire to fly any other fbl unit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in