Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BL nano dx6i settings I would like some please

I have been reading up on the forums her and couldn't find a list of settings from top to bottom.I'm a newb need the full list to understand how to program the Tx

I know there are many opinions on what the specifics should be but I'm looking for a base to start from.

I'm using a mild kit from dylan.
190 miniaviation batteries and aluminum blade grips head and swash.
I really want to make sure everything is dialed in properly.

And how much of a power increase should i really see?
I'm reading a lot of different things on how it should perform.

Thx
LayloBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayloBrown View Post
I have been reading up on the forums her and couldn't find a list of settings from top to bottom.I'm a newb need the full list to understand how to program the Tx

I know there are many opinions on what the specifics should be but I'm looking for a base to start from.

I'm using a mild kit from dylan.
190 miniaviation batteries and aluminum blade grips head and swash.
I really want to make sure everything is dialed in properly.

And how much of a power increase should i really see?
I'm reading a lot of different things on how it should perform.

Thx
Set it up just like the book says, except set your throttle curves flat, try:

Normal: instead of 0-25-50-75-100, set it to "flat" 65-65-65-65-65.
Stunt modes set to flat say70% to 85%.

Go to your servo menu and take drop the travel to 85% on the pitch channel.

That should be all you need to do, if you're learning to fly still, you might want to add more expo on your dual rates so mid stick is less sensitive, try 30 to 40%.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I suggest to use the values as given on Dylan´s Instruction Page "For the Mild kit, set your pitch travel adjust to L85 H85 and run 68-75% flat throttle curves in every flight mode. You can increase the pitch and throttle curves to your liking and to what your batteries can handle. pre-warmed batteries fly best, and as always, the lower the vibrations, the better the heli will fly." If you like to fly fast or slow 360° pirouettes (or more or less degrees) I propose You to set mixing in Your DX6i. Therefore You have to mix channel 3 (Roll) on 4 (Rudder). I use different values (asymmetric for right and left, start with 1% and make test flights after each change of value)
ElektroTrainerS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thx guys. much appreciated. a little confusing, but i'm going to play with the settings based on what has been said. if i have any more questions i'll be back.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok I've been messing around with the settings and got everything pretty much dialed in, again thanks. I've read a lot about how ppl are expecting more from a mild kit and i can see why. That being said, the power (or lack thereof) was still bugging me, until i flew a stock nano today and realized where the real difference was, the added control from the higher head speed. It was 15-20 winds out and besides a little lean to counter the BL few like it was indoors 3d and all. the stocker was being blown all over and pushed to the ground any time a gust came through. I think i'm going to get a wild motor from oversky(or Dylan) and if that isn't enough I'm going to to go double bl with a TA-915 lol

I'm a gearhead, it's what i do
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroTrainerS View Post
Hi,
I suggest to use the values as given on Dylan´s Instruction Page "For the Mild kit, set your pitch travel adjust to L85 H85 and run 68-75% flat throttle curves in every flight mode. You can increase the pitch and throttle curves to your liking and to what your batteries can handle. pre-warmed batteries fly best, and as always, the lower the vibrations, the better the heli will fly." If you like to fly fast or slow 360° pirouettes (or more or less degrees) I propose You to set mixing in Your DX6i. Therefore You have to mix channel 3 (Roll) on 4 (Rudder). I use different values (asymmetric for right and left, start with 1% and make test flights after each change of value)
Sorry I'm very new to this computer radio stuff. When Dylan says L85 H85, is this the pitch curves to set the endpoints and then we can choose what we want in the middle? How would (L) being 85 give you any negative pitch in stunt mode? On stock nano settings L0.0 is the negative pitch end point right? wouldn't the same apply for the brushless?

Im wondering because I will be installing my mild kit as soon as I buy a new board and want to understand the settings.
OXY 3, LYNX Heli Innovations Team Pilot
Teeyo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default BL nano dx6i settings I would like some please

No in trav adj screen
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
No in trav adj screen
Thanks for the quick response. In travel adjust screen right after pitch it shows a down facing arrow and 100%. How do I get to L and H?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Up and down on the pitch control should allow you to set high and low
linklemming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay. I got it now. Thanks
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Nano BL Wild DX7 Settings

Was wondering if anyone can help? I'm running Dylans wild setup and having problems with motor cutting out mid flight. I followed Dylans instructions on setting the Throtle curves at 80% on Normal and stunt 1. Stunt two is set at 100%. I have my pitch curves set linear. Am I missing something? It flies fine until I give it full throtle or go inverted. It shuts off and re-sets itself.
tavila71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavila71 View Post
Was wondering if anyone can help? I'm running Dylans wild setup and having problems with motor cutting out mid flight. I followed Dylans instructions on setting the Throtle curves at 80% on Normal and stunt 1. Stunt two is set at 100%. I have my pitch curves set linear. Am I missing something? It flies fine until I give it full throtle or go inverted. It shuts off and re-sets itself.
You might still have a poor solder joint on one of your motor wires or power wires, so make sure they are nice and gleaming and that all the little strands of wire from the motor are soldered together at each of the three joints on the ESC. Also check that you have a good joint at both ends of the signal wire. It may well just simply be that the lipo's you have just aren't cutting it with the wild motor too though, maybe causing LVC to cut in. What lipos are you using?

I'd also change your stunt 2 to less than 100% throttle as that won't allow any head room for the governor to work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in