Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 AM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

That might be true if it was only the one heli, but I have 2 700's each with a different kind of sensor and they are both doing the same exact thing.
And I have changed it just to make sure.

Last edited by crashagain; 01-14-2014 at 10:53 AM..
crashagain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a used 700n last friday with 91hz and no electronics on it, except for the multigov. Bob u make great videos, as I had no idea what I was doing but had that gov setup in minutes. Got the heli all finished this evening so having the test flight saturday, after someone else checks over my setup
raptor90wm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashagain View Post
That might be true if it was only the one heli, but I have 2 700's each with a different kind of sensor and they are both doing the same exact thing.
And I have changed it just to make sure.
If the gov reads the sensor and the display shows Speed 1, 2 and 3 when switching
between flight modes then the gov should be setup right.

When the engine runs does the led on the gov blink at a fast rate?
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Autonomous governor application

Dear Bob,

thank you for your wonderful videos, they do a great job demystifying and distilling the widely variable quality of supplied data supplied with the various devices.

I have a kind of an out of the square question.

Do you know if it is possible to use any of the Nitro governors / flybarless systems as a stand alone governor - ie without a receiver connected? I have an application need of an autonomous governor. Any help you can provide would be most welcome. As an aside, I have seen a system built which used and early Futaba governor, but I am not sure if these are even available anymore.

Kind regards

John ten Have
Sydney

Australia
johnth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirolf View Post
If the gov reads the sensor and the display shows Speed 1, 2 and 3 when switching
between flight modes then the gov should be setup right.

When the engine runs does the led on the gov blink at a fast rate?
Yes it does. I have even changed the sensor to make sure it was not working part time.
This weekend I am going to link it to my friends 14sg and see if it works as it should.
If it does, then I guess I'll use it as an excuse to buy a new radio...
Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 AM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashagain View Post
Yes it does. I have even changed the sensor to make sure it was not working part time.
This weekend I am going to link it to my friends 14sg and see if it works as it should.
If it does, then I guess I'll use it as an excuse to buy a new radio...
Even if you can't choose between different HS you can try disconnecting the RPM cable
from the gov and try different HS. Try a low one like 1500 and high around 2000 just to
verify the gov is working.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but felt the need for a full functional benchtest on the MultiGov, as the magnets are on the clutch bell and are stationary until the blades move, thus difficult to diagnose anything, even faster blinking LED.

So, did the following to see every thing working properly:

Removed tail blades, head and swash.

Set MG gear ratio to 1 and speed 600.

Using a battery drill clamped to the main shaft in reverse, powered up and full throttle to enable governor. I could vary the speed and watch the throttle servo working correctly which proved everything except faster speeds, good confidence booster though.

Setting ratio to 1 obviously fools the governor so that you only need about 70 RPM at the main shaft to get the right number of pulses into the governor as my ratio is 8.5 : 1, the drill can be varied around that speed to check for correct servo operation etc

Just had a thought, will only work if magnets are on the clutch bell not the motor fan, ie my Synergy Nitro's are both clutch bell magnets.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys can you help

i fitted a new ys 91 st to my Srimok 90n went to the field for a test hover and when the heli just comes on too the high jet i loose all throttle servo movement and the heli will not shut down ,Laid on floor under rotor and levered off throttle linkage
stopped heli and tried on floor again every think is working as normal,tried once more and the same think happened again I have a flashing light every two seconds but when engine is idling i still have a two second flashing light. Connected screen up and done a sensor test sensor reading OK so this is what i have done so far
changed sensor had a second hand one sensor test OK but light flashing two second with engine off and every two second when engine is running
change over unit from my t rex 700 sensor test OK but flashing every two seconds when engine running ( did not calibrate unit just swap over )
did a bench test with a spare clutch bell and made up gig to hold the sensor i removed originally did sensor test OK span clutch bell and still have flashing light every two seconds
the unit work find prior to me changing engines
steve1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well for a start you are risking life and limb
Do not advise getting under a heli at full throttle no matter what!
Have you programmed Throttle Cut to a switch, you must be able to cut the engine in an emergency, the throttle cut should be able to over ride everything. The Governor has a feature where it only engages above 20% throttle and 70% head speed so 0% cut should shut it down.

So flashing every 2 secs is normal, if the sensor is working then when you spin the clutch bell it should flash quickly, if not something is wrong and suggest you work through the problem until it is solved. Also see my post above, may help to check system is working, I assume your magnets are on the clutch bell so should work for you
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just do not get why all setup videos utilize a JR or Spektrum radio, when about 80% of all heli pilots use a Futaba?
Merc54 likes this.
trollycamber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollycamber View Post
I just do not get why all setup videos utilize a JR or Spektrum radio, when about 80% of all heli pilots use a Futaba?
I don't know where you got your statistics from, but I pretty sure it's based on area. Around here, it's more like the majority use Spektrum or JR with Spektrum modulation. Few futaba(s). Just depends on where you are at I guess.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #352 (permalink)

Can I use the mixture control on a 3 needle YS .56 engine? I'm trying... Only one tank so far.
RotorFloater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

At higher head speed of 2050 on my trex 600 nitro when I stop at the top of the pitch pump my engine runs faster for a couple seconds then it goes back down to the set head speed.

What could be my problem?
srhadden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try adjusting the low throttle percent. I had to lower mine about 4 points to correct this problem.

My phone sent this....
Old 01-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #355 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dx 9 and multigov

I just bought a dx9 and trying to set up dx9 on my 600nitro. I dont know how to do the gov menu on the dx9. I have it set to channel gear and thats where the gov is plugged into and also f mode switch b. I just dont understand the % thing for the 3 f modes on the menu. Can anyone with the dx9 and multigov tell me there setup i would appreate it.

Last edited by DJC; 01-27-2015 at 04:42 PM..
DJC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Using the DX9, I think your just going to use the flight modes plugging in the display module to verify the governor is working in each flight mode. Then you still will have to use the display module to adjust the rpm parameters.
ssrobzoom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #357 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got it and thanks for replying.
DJC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@DJC
I too just converted from a DX7 and that is how mine was setup, so I just did the same setup in my DX9 verifying as stated in the above post.
ssrobzoom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2020, 02:08 AM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could I get some help on the configuration of a 16sz transmitter running the muilt gov pro externally

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Merc54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in