Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tx settings for beginners

Hi everyone
I am using a Futaba 7c 2.4gHz with the Reflex. I find the Hovering practice very difficult when i choose elevator+aileron practice. Are there any Tx or Simulator (or both) settings that would make things easier?
dk31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I often find the OFF switch and a trip to pub sorts things out. Surely the manual or the lesson should explain things.

Regards Stu
BedBug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk31 View Post
Hi everyone
I am using a Futaba 7c 2.4gHz with the Reflex. I find the Hovering practice very difficult when i choose elevator+aileron practice. Are there any Tx or Simulator (or both) settings that would make things easier?
Hello dk31,

Two ways to make life easyer for a beginner:

1: Choose the right helicopter
2: Try some expo and/or dual rate

Whatever bird you intend to fly in real life, learning to hover might be easyer using a larger and more stable bird. The R22 on the bottom of the list did that job for me pretty good.

There are also some models you can download from the internet that feature flybarless setups with 3d-stabilization. You can make these very forgiving by reducing headspeed and cyclic pitch in the model preferences. You can download a 700E from http://www.rc-sim.de (registration required) or the 'Shape 9.0' from http://www.shape-helicopters.de.

Second, you might try some expo in the setup of your TX. That helps not to overcorrect with stick input. You can also setup expo in the model preferences in Reflex. I started with 60% expo and reduced it later as i got better in making those very little stick moves, but i still have 30% expo dialed in on swash and rudder.
Expo makes the bird less responsive around midstick but preserves full throw at max. input.

Have fun!

Thorsten

Chuck Norris once shot down a plane by pointing at it and saying "BANG!".

-/thr/- is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in