Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I was talking to Eric the other day and he much preferred the more flexible stock blades over the stiff Edge blades when running lower HS. In this case the blades act as the dampers. Maybe even some FG blades would work for lower HS.

In the end I had to back out of getting a warp (stupid pre-construction house). I will eventually get one, but I think it will have to wait until late next year
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds good Dom.
Suck's you can't get one sooner. damn houses are never ending money holes, more so than heli's even.
If Santino doesn't grab one you can beat on mine if ya like.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
I was talking to Eric the other day and he much preferred the more flexible stock blades over the stiff Edge blades when running lower HS. In this case the blades act as the dampers. Maybe even some FG blades would work for lower HS.

In the end I had to back out of getting a warp (stupid pre-construction house). I will eventually get one, but I think it will have to wait until late next year
Well, I'm running the Edge 353s and 60's at 4030 RPM (@75% throttle) unloaded at 0 pitch. It drops to about 3900 in hover. Yes, you read correctly, I have a 1500kv motor. For those following this in a previous thread, my tachs were accurate and correct. Bit of a story here, but for another time ...

I really like the feel of them at these head speeds - no wobble and VERY locked in. As I noted before, feels like a mini 7HV.

Sorry to hear about the Warp ... I assume you're building a new house? I think Santino was talking about maybe getting one in the spring, but he's got a few other projects on his bench first.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Pre-construction, don't move in until next August.

I am sure I'll get to fly a few warps from guys in the club, but it isn't the same as your own setup.

Yeah, Santino just maidened his his Logo700 this weekend. He has a 770 on order, a 500 on pre-order and maybe a Protos 700 if it ever comes out... Thanks to him we get to see and try alot of stuff here
Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #45 (permalink)

I think my max at 100 percent is only 3000 hs as logged by the Robird gyro, but it sounds like it's turning faster.Performance feels like the logged hs thou.Is this the hs I should get with this kv motor?I did my throttle/esc calibration twice to be sure.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
I think my max at 100 percent is only 3000 hs as logged by the Robird gyro, but it sounds like it's turning faster.Performance feels like the logged hs thou.Is this the hs I should get with this kv motor?I did my throttle/esc calibration twice to be sure.
Steve
Stevemech, how is the robird working out?
I just put one on my Atom and it feels nice... but the weather's crap and I only got to test hover in the back yard so far.

THANKS
brent.downey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

I have 3 of the Robirds on different 450 heli's, so far I like it on the Warp the best.I had to turn down alot of settings to make it more tame(my other 450's have cyclic agility near max (26)but the warp has fast cyclics!I bought an Ikon for the Warp but want to resolve my vib issues first while I have the vib log feature.Once the vibs are fixed I will swap to he Ikon for a comparison.For the money the Robird is pretty good and I find it easy to setup.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice. .. and great idea for the vibes... I may do the same then.
I had originally bought the robird for my WARP but it showed up a few weeks ago so
I decided to put it on the ATOM and ordered the BRAIN to put on the warp.

Will be interesting to see how you like the ICON as its the same as the BRAIN I think.

My WARP is out for delivery as of this evening so it looks like a fun night for me.

Just showed up to the door!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent.downey View Post
My WARP is out for delivery as of this evening so it looks like a fun night for me.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
Pre-construction, don't move in until next August.

I am sure I'll get to fly a few warps from guys in the club, but it isn't the same as your own setup.

Yeah, Santino just maidened his his Logo700 this weekend. He has a 770 on order, a 500 on pre-order and maybe a Protos 700 if it ever comes out... Thanks to him we get to see and try alot of stuff here
True on all accounts. Santino is a machine! He's also milled some pretty sweet stuff back in our 4G6/V120 days. I really need to get out there somehow and fly with you all this summer - we'll see. The only dates I've committed 100% to this year are SHAG (provided they don't move the dates last minute again), IRCHA, and the HeliFreak Fun Fly. I'm also thinking the wife and I may attend the Nuremberg toy fair next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post

I think this is around where everyone is is setting there, might be a bit low. Gothicbunny has a robird on his T250 and it seemed to be reading the headspeeds fairly accurately (within ~100-200rpm).

Quote:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I was getting worried there. Must have be a Canada Post bungle or those maritime postees were working their usual hours.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
True on all accounts. Santino is a machine! He's also milled some pretty sweet stuff back in our 4G6/V120 days. I really need to get out there somehow and fly with you all this summer - we'll see. The only dates I've committed 100% to this year are SHAG (provided they don't move the dates last minute again), IRCHA, and the HeliFreak Fun Fly. I'm also thinking the wife and I may attend the Nuremberg toy fair next year.

I think this is around where everyone is is setting there, might be a bit low. Gothicbunny has a robird on his T250 and it seemed to be reading the headspeeds fairly accurately (within ~100-200rpm).

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I was getting worried there. Must have be a Canada Post bungle or those maritime postees were working their usual hours.
Ha ha.
Take a drink of screech.... drop off box.... take drink of screech.... take nap.....

This kit looks nice.... first thing I did was check the main shaft for play and it's nice and snug.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ha ha.
Take a drink of screech.... drop off box.... take drink of screech.... take nap.....

This kit looks nice.... first thing I did was check the main shaft for play and it's nice and snug.

Excellent. Sending you a PM to check a few other things.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@Brent
I think the order might be: Take a drink of Screech, Puke, another drink(doesn't taste so bad, better than puke), another package, more screech, pass out and wet yourself, wake up in back of mail truck stinking of piss and vomit and go home.

Stuff is nasty but does the job well. I was a carpenter before "early retirement", worked with a lot of Newf's that come out hear for work.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha ha!

I can't imagine waking up in the back of a mail truck smelling like piss and vomit.
All the same I woke up in the back of dads truck in pretty much the same state.

Back in my younger days.

I have the head together and not a hitch anywhere!

Good stuff and thanks guys.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Better to wake up in the back of a mail truck covered in bodily fluids than a ditch with your pants around your ankles in the middle of nowhere ...

Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I knew my ears were ringing today, couldn't figure out who wa talking about me....
Yeah, I've got a few things on the go to say the least... plus I work!!

I don't know if you saw the wall hanger I made for the Goblin, Here I was thinking of doing something for the warp or other compass machine, but then got distracted with my new Logo 700. of course it'll have to hang on the wall as well

It's a long winter, I may get warped eventually.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snemi00 View Post
I knew my ears were ringing today, couldn't figure out who wa talking about me....
Yeah, I've got a few things on the go to say the least... plus I work!!

I don't know if you saw the wall hanger I made for the Goblin, Here I was thinking of doing something for the warp or other compass machine, but then got distracted with my new Logo 700. of course it'll have to hang on the wall as well

It's a long winter, I may get warped eventually.
Yeah, I think you emailed that wall hanger to me. Very cool, Santino!

You will definitely need to get Warped at one point. You'll like that new Logo 700 by all reports I've heard. I have Grady and Shawn telling me all about them ... I even got to see Grady's fresh out of the UPS depot on the back of his tailgate in a parking lot! LOL!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

That box for the Logo was absolutely huge.
The only thing I've seen bigger was the MPA charging board from Revolectrix
Old 12-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snemi00 View Post
That box for the Logo was absolutely huge.
The only thing I've seen bigger was the MPA charging board from Revolectrix

Yeah, I need an entire desk for mine by itself ...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Better to wake up in the back of a mail truck covered in bodily fluids than a ditch with your pants around your ankles in the middle of nowhere ...

uh-oh, there's a story behind this.
At least it's on topic considering the threads title.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in