Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JS Models TZ V2.1??

Hello all,

I just received my tz last friday from HK (amain is still out of stock) and i noticed some differences to the specs,

First the frames are not metal i thought the frame was made from G10 aluminum but in my case it is made out of GF or something similar.

Second is the head and this is something that bothers me, the flybar cage is like in the foto bellow...

What do you think of this flybar design? Should i change it to the previous one with spares?

shadowcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

we talkin 90 size?

frames are g-10 fiberglass, as for the head...yuck, and where is the alloy swash plate assy?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

No,phantom1500, it is a 50. I do not see any problems with the flybar arms. These are the same ones that come on the 600E v2 frenzy. As far as the G-10 ,it is not aluminum. They are all graphite material.Any time I have purchased G-10 side frames, they were this material and never aluminum.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks a lot mattsergo60 i thought that G-10 was aluminum, my mistake. The head is the same as the 600e design, in any case i have ordered the metal flybar arms just in case, i'll maiden it soon and see how it flys...
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown my TZ last sunday, i have a tail wag so i have to check the gp780 and fix the problem, also i have to align the clutch with the cluch bell better, it was rubbing one side.

Ok now about my fly experience, it is unbelievable, the collective responce i get from this heli is dreamy, it is so stable even with bursts of 3 Beaufort wind, i couldn't believe how stable it was even with the tail wagging all over the place... This is a huge upgrade after my 450 rex which now seems like a toy .

I'll post more as soon as i fly it now that i believe i fix the gyro/clutch issues i had.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New parts - fly bar cage ?

Hello,

JS came up with a few new models, so maybe they reworked/ enhanced some parts as the flybar-cage for technical or manufacturing/ cost reasons. If doing so, I would try to make this new part a retro-fit for existing Frenzy-50 models as well.

If this is the case, we only need to take a look at the relative former spare-parts. If this flybar-cage is replacing some former design, it will just depend how much old (former) flybar-cage stocks is still around, until even spare parts fly-bar cages will look that way the yours looks now?

If it works and holds fine - and part is a retro-fit don't bother .. just for curiousity, what is the new flybar-cage's part-number and compare it to the former part-number (manuals). If part-number its the same, this is definetly a retro-fit replacement part and the old one (part) will disappear anyway. If it's a completely different part-number .. than its not that clear why this is a new part with a new part-number

Do you think any helicopter design is perfect in all aspects (function, ease of manufacturing, manufacturing cost, ease of access for repair/ maintenance/ cleaning etc.) ? Pretty wrong, just one simple example, my Frenzy-90's (V2) tail-gear (black) is fixed by 2 M3-screws on the main-shaft. If I tell you, that JS drilled a hole into the main-shaft and threaded the hole from each side for M3, you will ask yourself, why the hell not just a hole with 3mm diameter and using a cheap and reliable M3-bolted-screw? .. they just added unnecessary cost for a solution being less reliable (degreasing, thread-lock and lower shearing-tension resistance, unbalance when loosing one screw etc.) than what is a pretty common solution for such fixations?

What I wan't to strive is, if you assembled it well (flybar-cage), fly it and if it holds and lasts don't bother .. just bother if this part is completely different from the former one and no spare parts available yet

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: Whatever 50' size nitro bird when compared with a 450 will feel a big difference - although I can imagine the Fenzy-50 of being a really nice bird - must be a nice bird (not only cost), as its rotor-head is inspired by one of the bests you can have fo way more money (Vibe-50)
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 04:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flown my TZ this weekend and things wasn't very good... The heli is perfect but,

the gp780 is wagging like crazy no mater what i do, from what i have read up to know this gyro is too sensitive and many never go it to stop wagging so probably it will be replaced, i would like to hear some suggestion about a good easy to setup gyro...

The TT pro 50h engine gave me quite the trouble, it blown 5 glow plugs. I was hovering for 1-2 minutes land adjust the gyro, and then i couldn't start it up again due to burned (actually the coil was destroyed) glow plug...

I opened the engine and found a few metal debris. after full disassembly i found out that the sleeve was rough were the cut of the exhaust ports are made internally... This is the first time i came across this.

I ordered a new sleeve and ring, do you believe the engine will be ok after i change those or should i buy a new one?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If there was metal floating around , I would change out the bearings too. Who knows what my be lurking in them.
As far as the new ring and cylinder, I do not see a problem. Clean up the piston and de-burr your new cylinder around the port holes with a small ruby stone.
Break it all in nice and rich. Do not rush it.
As far as an easy to set up GYRO ( pretty much plug and play) in order from least expensive to most. My vote goes with the JR 500T and if you want to spend a little more go with the CJY mini G ( not solid)
I fly the mini G's on my tz's and they are awesome.
Sorry to hear about the TT50.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the advice, i'll get probably get mini-g, the gp780 was a complete disappointment. I have ordered the TT50 replacement parts, i hope it will work correctly after that.... I write after the repairs...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

So after i changed the 780 with a trusted gy 401 and put the replacement parts on the TT 50 everything seems fine.

I was able to only hover one tank due to extreme winds, but the back plate of the engine could be held for 8-10 sec easily so i think its pretty rich for breaking - in and the tail was so smooooth....

I hate the gp780....

I hope the winds calm so i'll be able to fly more....
Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never had trouble with the Align GP* gyros.

The FL760 3G has the GP780 in it, and it works great.

What was your ball spacing on the servo arm?
Did you set it up in rate mode (~7deg of pitch against torque)?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

At first i went with no pitch on the tail blades and at 10mm, after the huge wag i went to 7mm servo arm hole and 7-8 degrees pitch and the wag continued but it was less.

I changed the foam pads 5 times, i added a metal plate in between no change...

I thought it was the vibes since this is a new heli and my first nitro and may have done something wrong and had too many vibes, so in the end i put the 780 in my 450 rex which has more than 200 flights and i know it is correctly setup with the 401, guess what, same wag.

So in the 450 i moved the arm to 6mm - 6.5mm i changed 100 times the delay settings/gain settings pitch/throttle curves, changed foam pads and managed to minimize the wag to +-2 degrees but it is still there...

The thing is that with this settings anti-clockwise pirouettes stop like hitting a wall, clockwise pirouettes are a mess 10 degrees bounce-back at least, in pitch pump i have a 5 degrees tail movement to the left....

Either the gyro is from a bad batch or i am so useless and i cannot set it up, either way i lost too much time trying to make this thing work correctly while anything else i have tried a 401 a 520 and a quark (borrowed from buddies) are plug and play on the same heli with the same setup (only the ball moved to 8mm - 10mm depending on the gyro from 6.5mm), it shouldn't be so picky, it is a gyro not a space shuttle guidance system, so i put in a box with the rest of the unused rc stuff i have...
Old 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another thing to consider is your engine. You said you were blowing the glow plugs out of it. Sounds like the engine was not tuned properly. An improperly tuned engine will vary the rotor rpm thus will mess with the gyro and tail system. Just my to cents though.

Trex 550 DFC Stretched. Neu1907/1H, CC 100ice, AR7200bx, Align servos.
kc8qpu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply, i found metal shards in the engine due to a bad factory cut at the sleeves inlet ports that scraped the ring and the cylinder as well as blowing the plugs. Since then i changed the cylinder/sleeve/ring and the motor is running super smooth, i have burned a gallon with no further problems.

Even with the repaired motor i still had issues with the gyro, in the end i swapped with a Futaba 401 and i can now fly my heli without losing my time messing around with that thing, in the end i believe it was just busted from the factory, this things happen in all mass produced goods i just cannot trust align gyros after that and all the threads i read about the gp780...

Also yesterday i was doing some auto practice, i was almost at the end of the tank when the heli didn't want to throttle up, i shutdown the engine and found out that the BMS throttle servo was not moving at all burned !!!!!
Thank God it happened in throttle hold position with the heli idling on the ground...

No more cheapo servos not even for the throttle, i bought another hyperion same as the cyclic ones to replace it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in