Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default CC Edge 160 ESC issue - ADVISORY

Given that this is a forum and I had encountered an issue, I just wanted to share. I too am a long time devoted customer of CC. I can remember talking to the startup guys of this company back in like 2002 when brushless stuff had hit the ground running. Even then they were professional and helpful. They handle all customer reported
issues/orders totally first class. There is NO better ESC IMO on the market today. The only reason I started this thread is to make others aware of a possible problem if they don't frequent CC website so that they don't have a mishap for a silly assembly issue. I can bet you they are taking this small thing seriously. Hence the direct phone call to me 2 days after my flight. Enjoy your hobby and please no negative comments directed at CC are needed. Rock on!

-Jeff
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlett View Post
Mine was within the advisory numbers, however the foam was installed correctly.
Ditto.

spikestabber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just recieved one direct from CC and it also had the number to look out for. So I opened it up just to make sure, because you never know, but it was fine. Just didn't want to be the guy that didn't look thinking it should of been fixed coming right from CC and then finding out it wasn't the hard way.
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those who don't use the search function on the forums. I thought if bring this back TTT 8 months later.

Jeff B.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running two Edge 160 HV esc's now and no problems. I like being able to set the data logging so it will start over after so many flights.
And that Ice2 120 HV that I had a little problem with that wouldn't arm it's self, wasn't sure if I was going to have pay for the repair, well they made the repair no charge even without a receipt or being registered because it had the 3/13 sticker on the wires. I called them instead of email and they were very co-operative and pleasent to talk to.
So A+ CC and thank you!
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_7A View Post
For those who don't use the search function on the forums. I thought if bring this back TTT 8 months later.
Jeff B.
People don't search for things they don't know to search for. Product should have been recalled IMO not some obscure notice buried on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchhand View Post
I was going to have pay for the repair, well they made the repair no charge even without a receipt or being registered because it had the 3/13 sticker on the wires. I called them instead of email and they were very co-operative and pleasent to talk to.
So A+ CC and thank you!
This is what likely caused my crash https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=595797
I don't know because they aren't saying anything which is why I hate sending things in for warranty. Because the majority of the companies will hide the issue. So who knows if their is a bigger issue.

I had the opposite experience you had. The edge is a fairly new product not even sure it's been out a year yet. Mailed mine in after talking with them through email. They insisted on having the receipt. I even provided the phone number to the hobby shop I purchased it from along with the owners name who I also purchased it from. Explained to them I am well known their and it would be a simple 5 min call. It was a no go they HAD to have the receipt. So I had to take time off work to go down to the hobby shop and have them make me a new receipt.

They don't have any replacements in stock so now I get to wait for I imagine their latest shipment from china before I get a new one sent out. Guesstimated wait is 3 weeks.

So I essentially got the hobbyking experience at 2x the costs. They pretty much made it seem like they were doing me a favor fixing my 30 flight old ESC. I purchased it sep 30, 2013 then went on sabbatical down to Peru for 2.5 months. Returned late Dec it wasn't until Mid Jan that i had time to fly it. And it pretty much immediately started failing. I learned my lesson on this on I'm done with CC and when I get the new one back it will likely go up for sale.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
People don't search for things they don't know to search for. Product should have been recalled IMO not some obscure notice buried on their website.

And if they had recalled all of them, please tell me how you would have found out about it? Searching this website perhaps? Curious...

Jeff B.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_7A View Post
And if they had recalled all of them, please tell me how you would have found out about it? Searching this website perhaps? Curious...

Jeff B.
Just like all recalls get noticed I supposed. The hobby shop I purchased it from would have informed me there was a recall.

Usually when recalls happen the stores that sell the products get involved and some mail out notices to their customers if they have that info. Others post it in a visible location in their store. The point is its more involved then placing a notice on an obscure section of the manufacturers website. This is a pretty bad problem to have in their top of the line ESC it doesn't help that they had the same exact problem on prior model. Obviously they didn't learn from the first time and didn't put the correct corrective action in place.

And then there is the painfully obvious. If it were recalled I likely never would have purchased a defective unit in September. The hobby shop would have returned it and exchanged its stock for new product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
People don't search for things they don't know to search for.
that is a very true statement...

“Experience Is Something You Don’t Get Until Just After You Need It.”

with RC helicopters, that is part of the hobby. in the not to distant past, most guys have been very skeptical of the electronics they run. Either they scour the internet for every piece of info they can find or they ask for advice from guys that have experience.

my cc160 failed before the recall....twice....that was before they figured out what was wrong.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo View Post
my cc160 failed before the recall....twice....that was before they figured out what was wrong.
I see it as them being careless and just not giving a damn. It's a new design. Who the heck designs in the same exact problem? And then if you do you would think you would have the correct corrective action in place to prevent this in the future. They aren't being responsible members of the heli community.

Why wait for failures to occur when you know there is a problem? Recall the product possibly sitting on shelves. Just seems to me like they are being reckless. To each their own I suppose. I learned my lesson they have proven they can keep making the same mistakes of the past. So supposedly they fixed it THIS time. I think I'd extend this advisory to every 160 made from here on out. We already know how successful they were at preventing a repeat problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in