Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default scorp 2010kv and 450 stretch??

Well I've decided to stretch one of my 450 pro but not sure if the scorpion 2010 Kv is the motor of choice.

I've noticed alot of the newer setups are 1700kv to 1800kv...

Would the 2010kv be just to high a kv for the stretch setup?

Would like to hear others opinions and any information that would be helpful on making this stretch conversion go smooth as silk.

Thanks in advance for any help.
cafediablo_30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

stretch like with the 450l boom and so on?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am really enjoying my 450 Pro stretch, back in the day I did a stretch on the SEV2 with the outrage boom and belt, but the TT makes it so much less hassle!

As far as the motor goes you can gear it for the HS you want, if you use the 150 main gear there are tons of pinions.

I am running 10.71:1 with the 1800 KV Align 460MX, the heli is ridiculously over powered!

[ame]http://youtu.be/MccYAq6WZjA[/ame]
Old 04-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default stretch

thanx trexwilly,...I've seen your vids ..you rock bro...what headspeed r u runnin in that vid

I figure with the longer blades I shouldn't need as much h/s....I've been flyin 3600 on the 6s and 3300 on the 3s with a 4400 kv....both seem to do well...what should I expect from the larger blades?

I do have both slant and stra8 main gears...just have crunch some numbers and come up with a good h/s for the 6s....and maybe decide which pinion for what gear.

thanx for the info so far...keep the O-PINIONs coming in.lol....
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been doing some testing with the ICE ESC and trying to get big power from this setup.

For great power with lots of pop, 3050 3100 is really all you need. running these heavy cheap Ebay blades I am drawing around 600 watts on hard flights.

At 3300 same setup close to 800 watts

Last edited by Trexwilly; 04-16-2014 at 12:39 PM..
Trexwilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default stretch

thanx man..I figured a 13t with the stra8 150 main should get around 3287h/s ..so maybe knock it down governed to around 3100-3200 and that should give me plenty head room...what you think.

I picked up a set of the align 360 in preparation already and had my eye on those green and black rjx.....what does anyone recommend on blades....any experiences with good flying blades??....maybe even at good prices...what's the majority vote on this...let me hear it..
Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

What boom are you going to use on this cafediablo_30?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run a scorpion 2221-2010 in my 450 pro stretch with edge 353 blades. I have tried the 460mx as well, and I found that the 2010 is more powerful. However, that could be due to my bad solder in addition to my poor soldering skill more than the motor. I am about to give the 460mx another shot in my new x3 build.
Yfbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexwilly View Post
I have been doing some testing with the ICE ESC and trying to get big power from this setup.

For great power with lots of pop, 3050 3100 is really all you need. running these heavy cheap Ebay blades I am drawing around 600 watts on hard flights.
What pitch do you run? Your max current is my average current. My max current is 45 amps. You fly significantly smoother then I do though.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sounds wrong to me? I have been hearing a few guys talk about much higher currents than I am seeing... And some of them don't fly anywhere near as aggressive as I do.

This graph was made with a near to new 1300 battery, and I was trying to pull big power...

If you go out and log a hover flight, we can compare results there, and see if maybe one of our setups is off? It could be mine, remember my ESC is years old... I think I bought it in 2009, I had been keeping up with the stable betas, but I have not updated in a couple of years...
Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
If you go out and log a hover flight, we can compare results there, and see if maybe one of our setups is off? It could be mine, remember my ESC is years old... I think I bought it in 2009, I had been keeping up with the stable betas, but I have not updated in a couple of years...
I will try and do that next couple days raining here for the next two days. But I can likely pull a log off from one of my my prior flights. I'm running the 325mm blades and 3500 rpms though. So there will likely be some differences. Your current is very low though for swinging 360mm blades.

I am running Pulse 1250 45C batteries. I'm running the KDE 1750Kv motor. Your flight times would be a good indicator. With those current levels I would expect 5+ min of flight. I get the same 4:30 flight time on 6S as I did on 3S. 6S I have spinning 200 rpms faster other then that no difference.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can turn up the Head speed on mine too, that way we are comparing apples to apples! 3500 you say?
Old 04-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
I can turn up the Head speed on mine too, that way we are comparing apples to apples! 3500 you say?
Yea 325mm blades too. When I get home I will grab a log. I can lower my head speed also I have a few different pinions.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default boom shaka laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
What boom are you going to use on this cafediablo_30?
I'm gonna go with the dominator boom and tt..still on the fence about the motor...

looking at the specs of the 460mx it shows to have more potential than my current scorpion 2010kv....but I haven't heard enough from others to make my mind up....

might just order it and try to do a comparison between th two....just hate to have another motor I wouldn't be using ......or maybe try to sell it but seems that the market is down for resale goods.....
Old 04-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Closed Account

So my ESC only had 1 ok flight in it, time before this is 3S logs. So its got my last 6S flight which I wasn't that aggressive on. I'll have to try and get a decent log once it stops raining. I have been going back and forth between 3S and 6S just trying things out.

This was a 3S flight
Old 04-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafediablo_30 View Post
I'm gonna go with the dominator boom and tt..still on the fence about the motor...

looking at the specs of the 460mx it shows to have more potential than my current scorpion 2010kv....but I haven't heard enough from others to make my mind up....

might just order it and try to do a comparison between th two....just hate to have another motor I wouldn't be using ......or maybe try to sell it but seems that the market is down for resale goods.....

I hear the Scorpion 2010 is what folks are liking on the X3. 4000 head speed is easily obtainable with a 2010 and 13 Tooth Pinion and of course it would be with the 1800 KV 460 MX as well with a 15 tooth pinion. Question is which one pulls the hardest in max collective punch outs?

Scorpion says their motor is good for 590 watts max. Align says their motor is good for 650 watts max and 970 for 5 seconds. I can't see Aligns mass made motors being that much better than Scorpion who specializes in motors and ESC's. It may be closer to equal but not that much better. The 460 MX looks like a Scorpion clone. Its a pretty site for sure.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whats your setting on the hk 2221-2010kv ,i am running CC50 ice 6s set rpm 2800 ,t13 pinion ,3000,3100 and the motor get hot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in