Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
One more question.. does Spartan's "digital cyclic ring" work when the Tx has cyclic split onto two sticks? I think so, as from the manual it seems to rely on electronic inputs for elev and ail, irrespective of the Tx configuration. If so, this is a bonus
I'm inclined to agree but I've only used it on my single stick cyclic. I do like the feature alot, though.
BTW...Why would you be running 2 stick cyclic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

mode 1 weirdo
Old 09-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
mode 1 weirdo
Glad you said it :wink:
Old 09-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

B*stards Actually, down under (and in parts of Europe), Mode 1 is "normal" especially for people who started in planks. Without in any way possibly () starting a religious debate on the subject, I gather that the benefits on one are not great enough to justify the pain of switching to the other. If I was starting over though, I would have gone Mode 2.

But my helis fly inspite of this handicap
Tonystott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 02:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
One more question.. does Spartan's "digital cyclic ring" work when the Tx has cyclic split onto two sticks? I think so, as from the manual it seems to rely on electronic inputs for elev and ail, irrespective of the Tx configuration. If so, this is a bonus
Yes it works with split cyclic. The AP-2000i does not know and does not care where the aileron and elevator inputs come from. Its task is to keep the swashplate deflection within a circle to ensure it does not bind. More importantly the digital cyclic ring operates after the flight stabiliser and thus also eliminates binding caused by large corrections generated from the stabiliser. Such large corrections are not uncommon if you use the system for an emergency bailout. There is also a section on the AP-2000i user guide about this.

-Angelos
Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2006, 04:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Angelos! Your active participation here is yet another great reason for me to gor for the Spartan
13m Spiderbeam mast, Askman mount, A640, all above with 2.4Ghz downlink
Old 09-23-2006, 05:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks Angelos! Your active participation here is yet another great reason for me to gor for the Spartan
That's what got me hooked too!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, having Angelos participate here is great. I believe it was at least partially because of the active discussions we had here a while back that the auto calibration feature was added. That's amazing!

-- Gary

www.tppacks.com
GGoodrum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2006, 05:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The new firmware is now available for download from our website. The user guide is also updated to describe the new functionality.

http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/ap2000i/ap2000i.htm

-Angelos
Old 10-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
HeliFreak Security Staff

My HF Map location

At leasst you wont get yelled at here Angelos
Gaui 200
Trex 450 SE V2 Dedicated night Rig
Cryofix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet. It's night here now, I hope the rain holds off tomorrow so I can try the in air calibration!
dreslism is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't speak with knowledge about the AP2000i and I've got nothing against it, but I don't care for the FMA sensor. When close to buildings, trees, or hills it had the tendency to "push" or "pull" the heli away. I've been doing some testing with the Robbe Helicommand that Aerial Images bought this summer. I like the braking effect it has when you let go of the sticks as well as the fact that you can dial in how much you want. This is really of no use for AP but I thought it was pretty neat. Beside from that it functions pretty much the same as other sensors and keeps the heli upright and holds a pretty nice hover. I also like the fact that it doesn't "read" a heat difference but senses movement and counters it. It's pretty much a 3 axis gyro with an optical sensor. I'm only using two of the axis since the heli already has a pretty nice gyro onboard.
"Size it up, then scale it down"
Christopher J is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos
The new firmware is now available for download from our website. The user guide is also updated to describe the new functionality.

http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/ap2000i/ap2000i.htm

-Angelos
I am using the Spred Spectrum 2.4 Ghz radio/Reciever system. I would like to know if this spartan ap2000 will work with it. I do NOT have any "Spare" channels however I could switch to a Standard Gyro that you set manually henceforth freeing up one of my channels. :?:
MasterCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't believe the Spartan AP2000i has any relationship with 2.4Ghz so I can't imagine why there should be a compatibility issue.
13m Spiderbeam mast, Askman mount, A640, all above with 2.4Ghz downlink
Old 10-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
MasterCrash
The AP2000i is only concerned with the servo signal, not the tx frequency. Provided you are not using a 4 servo CCPM swashplate, you may setup the AP2000i to control your gyro gain thereby freeing up a channel to operate the stabilization gain setting on the AP2000i.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWebber
Quote:
MasterCrash
The AP2000i is only concerned with the servo signal, not the tx frequency. Provided you are not using a 4 servo CCPM swashplate, you may setup the AP2000i to control your gyro gain thereby freeing up a channel to operate the stabilization gain setting on the AP2000i.
THANX!! :glasses2:
MasterCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2006, 04:09 AM   #37 (permalink)

Hello,
I'm trying to flash the new firmware but the bootloader doesn't seem to detect any com ports!
The usb cable seemed to be detected ok by windows xp (it has no special drivers, right?)
Anyone had this problem?

thanks,
Emilio
Aguia2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, there are drivers for the USB Flashlink. Go to http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/f.../flashlink.htm and download and install the driver there.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:12 AM   #39 (permalink)

Gee... that was real fast tech support answer... thanks. Sorry i shoul'd have recheked the website before asking.

Anyway, my flash cable is the one with the black plug and is not working with xp sp2 and it is not giving me the option to search the internet.

May i install the drivers for the blue plug flash cable? or there is some link or way to manually install the black plug drivers?
Aguia2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go to the Device Manager and check if the cable is listed under the serial ports section. If it shows up with a question mark icon next to it then delete it, remove the cable and attach it again. Allow windows to search for a driver and make sure that the driver is found before exiting the new hardware wizard. Read the messages carefully. Often windows will say that no driver is found but will still let you click on the "finish" button.

Don’t install the blue plug drivers. The cables have completely different USB controllers and the drivers are not compatible. Let Windows search everywhere for the driver and should be ok. If it still tells you that no driver is found contact me and I will find you a copy to install manually.

-Angelos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in