Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Settings for AR7200BX and Spektrum DX8

Folks, I just got my Protos 500 and I am in the process of installing the AR7200BX. I am looking for set-up and settings for :
1/ the AR7200BX - the heli has standard MSH motor, Futaba servo's and is FBL. I am looking for the set-up parameters in the AR7200BX .
2/ the DX8I - I like to set up an intermediate profile with an idle up 1 and 2 but I would like to have ALL the set-up which include the reverse servos settings etc.
Looking for you help.
3/ I plan to mount the AR7200BX on the port( left when looking from behind) side of the fuselage aft of the gear on the frame, wires facing backwards, this would allow me to not have to install and run extension wires to the servos. That seems to be acceptable based on the manual. Has anybody had problems doing it that way??.

Thanks!!
HarryR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Got the first flight in today

Nice, effortless. This Protos 500 flies like a dream. Just amazing , solid, exact, precise and quiet. amazing!! oh and did I mention it..It's a fabulous design, as someone said . the Ferrari of the RC helis.,
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryR View Post
Nice, effortless. This Protos 500 flies like a dream. Just amazing , solid, exact, precise and quiet. amazing!! oh and did I mention it..It's a fabulous design, as someone said . the Ferrari of the RC helis.,
im sorry could you speak up i cant hear you over everyones Trex's!

love my P500 too! amazing!
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, just maidened mine yesterday too with a ARBX. Loved the build, performance and sound!! Bada## heli!!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default More of my input after my Protos 500 maiden flight yesterday

So I had my first flight yesterday . it went perfect. As there are 2 other people I fly with who have Protos 500's ( different FBL / gyro's) I was happy so they could have a look at my finals setup and would you know it, one of my settings was wrong ALTHOUGH I am sure I followed the instructions on one of the Youtube videos. Tail gyro direction needed to be revered. I used 35 for the tail gyro and it flew perfect without any wag or even the slightest shiver. Per the previous owner, the governor was enabled and so was the soft spool feature. It was quite simply. TH on with Throttle on Minimum (closed). Take the TH off and move Throttle up to 50% (my settings are 0-55-55-55-55-55 for Standard and 65-65-65-65-65 for idle up as suggested by the previous owner) with linear Pitch curve 0-25-50-75-100 for both Normal and Idle up. The Heli spooled up to 50 % (half throttle ie zero pitch) and I added some more throttle and it just took of smooth and solid AND QUIET!!
Therefor, I will recommend to get and set up that Governor mode and get the soft spool start set up too. It works and the soft spool features saves your main gear. Very important.
I decided to have 85 % D/R in E , A and R with 25% Expo. For idle up is is 100 % across the board with 20% Expo.( exactly like my Blade 450X) but I did not use idle up just yet.. The Protos flew 4 minute and I had still 45% battery left ( obviously just hovering and puttering around). My TX is a DX8i.

One note. I use 5 cell battery so it might be a bit lite (450 gr) compared with the 6 cell lipo. When the heli spooled up it " set down" it's tail so that was a surprise but then afterwards I remembered, the Protos has a tail boom that is not in line (parallel to) with the landing gear So I think that is why, once there was enough rotor wash, the tail moved to it "this-is-how-I-fly" position. Hope this helps someone because it was pretty difficult to get ALL the information for set up in ONE post.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tools for a successful maiden

www.rdlohr.com

I purchased the Swash leveler from Rick Lohr (www.rdlohr.com).. easy peasy. I was one turn off on one of the servo's.Not any more!! The Protos flew like hanging from a string. Here are some pictures of my swash set-up!
Protos 500 = 8mm = 500 Size heli is the Swash plate leveler you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1880.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	490141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1884.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	490142   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	490143  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryR View Post
www.rdlohr.com

I purchased the Swash leveler from Rick Lohr (www.rdlohr.com).. easy peasy. I was one turn off on one of the servo's.Not any more!! The Protos flew like hanging from a string. Here are some pictures of my swash set-up!
Protos 500 = 8mm = 500 Size heli is the Swash plate leveler you need.
AWESOME. Glad you like it!
Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
AWESOME. Glad you like it!
Rick
very interested in this leveler how does it work?
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in